Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Aug 20, 2022

Lmao lemme see a close up of the Narita fish!! And so real, Koga's insecurities. They're regular teenagers in a non-annoying, non-melodramatic way.

joined May 3, 2014

The format is what might be causing problems for some IMO. It just doesn't make for a nice continuous plot progression, you have to come to terms with this being a very episodic slice of life thing about realistic teenagers growing up and figuring stuff out. I'm quite happy with it, but I get why it might be frustrating for a lot of people.

Personally, I don't get the complaining. We're up to chapter 56, they've had 56 chapters to get used to the format, but they've just been complaining the whole time. It's classic: I don't like this kind of story, but I'm reading it anyway so I can tell everyone I hate it every chapter.

I also take issue with people's ideas of what "progress" is. It was always so frustrating to see people complain about a lack of "progress" in Komi-San because people equate romance to progress. No, that's not the only way a story and the relationships between characters can progress. Mitsuki and Aya are getting closer every chapter, they're deepening their bond and they're understanding each other and the world around them better. That is progress. It doesn't need to be romantic, no matter Aya's feelings.

so what you wanna say, is that this is good in YOUR EYES so other can buzz off with complaining?? ah funny no one ask to make YOUR definition of progress the universal one, you might not see this as an flaw of the manga but others have as much truth to their words as you self proclaim that we complain for nothing

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 10:24PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

so what you wanna say, is that this is good in YOUR EYES so other can buzz off with complaining?? ah funny no one ask to make YOUR definition of progress the universal one, you might not see this as an flaw of the manga but others have as much truth to their words as you self proclaim that we complain for nothing

You might not like it, but people are allowed to disagree with your opinion and think poorly of you for the way you express it.

And they're not wrong. You've had dozens of chapters to leave. If you don't like the series and it's format, then stop wasting your time on it, and stop cluttering up a discussion thread of people who are here because they want to talk about the characters and plot developments.

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 11:47PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

do you think complaining here will make the manga better

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I don't think she would feel very different in the US. It's not like changing country will make her suddenly less awkward and find a place where to belong. I mean, if she really wants to leave, she should and I encourage her to do so. But leaving with the expectation that it will change anything regarding her feeling of awkwardness and her inadequacy with other is wrong. Just because the music industry is different and more open in L.A won't make her magically belong to a group of people and find her place.

Exactly what I was about to say. If she has a hard time with people who are loud and overbearing, America is really not the best place to go directly after growing up in Japanese culture… But then again, it could be a chance for her to open up and discover a new part of herself. Sometimes people need that kind of push.

I don't think she's thinking about America in that moment. She's just feeling out of place there. But clearly Aya's going to connect it to that, because that's where her anxiety lives right now.

Yeah the entire issue will be Aya's perspective. I don't think Mitsuki will ever seriously want to leave.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 7:52AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

It's hard to say what Koga's thinking, we've gone a surprisingly long amount of time without really hearing what's on her mind. We're instead in Aya's shoes, sharing in her anxious contemplations of her opaque oshi.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

The gayquarium arc is here. We're in the endgame now.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Classic aquarium scene. Time to rumerate feelings of doubt, angst, and insecurities while staring at fish while the other one looks at you or both aren't looking at each other and just holding hands barely

joined Sep 5, 2023

I wonder if the winter moonlight magazine will ever be translated

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I wonder if the winter moonlight magazine will ever be translated

I will, eventually cough

I have too many manga to translate.

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

there's so much dramma here , and for what bruh , the comic is amazing , can't believe there are haters that continue reading it

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Mmmmmm, idk about that Aya, forcing an introvert in front of a crowd with all eyes on them so suddenly might not go as well as you think it will

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh but this is perfect! They can sing one of the songs that they really love together! This might turn out really well!

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Mmmmmm, idk about that Aya, forcing an introvert in front of a crowd with all eyes on them so suddenly might not go as well as you think it will

Eh, it’s a gamble, but it might just work if she plays her cards right. It’s not the first time Koga’s been up on stage, after all, and she’ll have someone with her this time.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

When the shy girl with eclectic music tastes suddenly gets dragged into a karaoke duet with her girl best friend that's when she becomes down cataclysmic (personal experience speaking)

Being forced into a position of vulnerability by someone you trust and may find attractive while they back you up is peak romance idc

last edited at Sep 17, 2023 8:02AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm expecting great things from the next chapter.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Tbh, I went with "We'll sing" because of the hand on the shoulder, but the Japanese sentence is totally ambiguous.

It's just 歌います!! ("Singing!!" or "Will sing!!"). No pronouns.

So it's only my guess that she wants to sing a duet with Koga.

I don't think it would make sense for her to serenade Koga at this point.

Inb4 I have to change that sentence next week...

last edited at Sep 17, 2023 8:27AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Tbh, I went with "We'll sing" because of the hand on the shoulder, but the Japanese sentence is totally ambiguous.

A duet is the only thing that makes sense in the context. Whether Mitsuki will go with it or not is another thing though, it MIGHT turn into a serenade in the end :P

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah, it's always a judgement call. The intent could be to parallel Koga's serenade from earlier in the series. So she could intend to sing on her own, here. I figured she's only leaning on Koga to raise her hand higher in excitement. But like you said, it could be a bit ambiguous and works either way. She's either singing to her or helping her feel more comfortable by singing with her.

No matter what it should be fun.

last edited at Sep 17, 2023 9:19AM

joined May 9, 2017

Having read the Japanese version before the translation, I understood that she will sing for her sake. The way I've read the last panel is in that order:
"今度は私があなたのために歌います"
"This time, for your sake, I'll sing"
as if she was finishing her thought out loud.

But I guess we'll have the answer next week!

last edited at Sep 17, 2023 9:52AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

After reading the twitter of Sumiko Arai, the Japanese readers in the comments understood that AYA will sing for Koga.

So I changed it.

We'll see next week.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Dash it all! There have to be more pages!!!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Going to be interesting to see what Aya chooses to sing. Perhaps a call back to the beginning where they first got talking about the Foo Fighters?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Going to be interesting to see what Aya chooses to sing. Perhaps a call back to the beginning where they first got talking about the Foo Fighters?

Closer by nine inch nail, may as well go all out :P

last edited at Sep 17, 2023 5:31PM

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

You go girl sob sing your way into her heart!

To reply you must either login or sign up.