Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I did not see that one coming, but it's certainly very Magenta.

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

ah yes. the 'dark' power-up before the true power-up xD

joined Aug 11, 2022

...I wonder if Magenta still has some magic taint from chapter 35 like the other comments suggested or if Magenta has some kind of secret kinky sadism side coming out that no one knows about....!?

La Verita' forms (The truth???):

Sulfur (Blitz Angel/Lightning angel)
= Chinese-like dress with straight forward determination/ Electric element./close combat, rings that can move to punch with pseudo fists or boosting magic / Pure respect of being a hero/magical girl.

Azul (The VERGLAS maiden)
= Shrine maiden with tank build/ waster Ice-like element/Rebound,reflect like ability, robe flexible / Gain it through accepting herself and her kinky M side.

Magenta...(Fallen Medic)
=Fallen nurse(Lewd Nurse outfit)..../ Either healing type...possibly status effects/ seems to have one black wing on her left side and her twin tail hair looks similar to chapter 35....also that black star on her stomach/womb area....

The other 3 new magical girls (insert info/description/skills/magic here)

(Enormeeta Side)

Kiwi/Leopard
3 star cat form=strong but cause damage to user.
(La Verita' = Strong as fuck state):

Utena/Baiser:
Standard horny lust magic booster ability= magic level/stars increase when turned on.
(La Verita= Night spider's web).

Leberblume & Loco Musica (Combination skill/magic| No La Verita yet)
Nero Alice (Doll house, doll creation controll, minor reality warp| No La Verita yet)

Sister Gigant (Unknown if she has La Verita?? Might be hiding or holding stronger magic power as suggest in ch.48?)

last edited at Jul 27, 2023 12:12PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Utena/Baiser:
Standard horny lust magic booster ability= magic level/stars increase when turned on.

[...]

Nero Alice (Doll house, doll creation controll, minor reality warp| No La Verita yet)

That's actually something I've been meaning to comment on for a while now, because Baiser and Nero's are very much non-standard.

Pretty much every magical girl we've seen has had fairly static powers. That is, they do one thing, or a small set of closely related things. Kiwi creates bombs in her base form and is a lightning bruiser in her upgraded forms, Leber can wrap people up in shadows, Sulfer hits things real hard. You get the idea. Baiser and Nero's powers, on the other hand, are much broader than that, allowing them an incredibly wide range of effects, limited mostly by their own imaginations and available materials.

The thing that really highlights how odd their abilities are is the fact that we've seen two different, normal, takes on Baiser's powers, first in the form of Lorde's hoard and then in the form of Pesca's golems. Both of them summon minions, but those minions are directly created from their powers and fairly consistent in form and function. By contrast, Baiser and Nero transform things in their environment into minions and those minions can have wildly different abilities.

Aside from wondering why Baiser and Nero are so different from everyone else, this also raises a second question in my mind: Since their powers seem to function similarly, is it possible that Baiser also has broader reality warping powers? Her web in La Verita seems to suggest that yes, she does, though it's notable that the web goes back to the standard template of creating a fixed effect directly, rather than manipulating the world around her. Either way, I hope we get more information on how abilities work and why those two seem so different from everyone else.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Utena/Baiser:

[...]

That's actually something I've been meaning to comment on for a while now, because Baiser and Nero's are very much non-standard.

Pretty much every magical girl we've seen has had fairly static powers. That is, they do one thing, or a small set of closely related things. Kiwi creates bombs in her base form and is a lightning bruiser in her upgraded forms, Leber can wrap people up in shadows, Sulfer hits things real hard. You get the idea. Baiser and Nero's powers, on the other hand, are much broader than that, allowing them an incredibly wide range of effects, limited mostly by their own imaginations and available materials.

The thing that really highlights how odd their abilities are is the fact that we've seen two different, normal, takes on Baiser's powers, first in the form of Lorde's hoard and then in the form of Pesca's golems. Both of them summon minions, but those minions are directly created from their powers and fairly consistent in form and function. By contrast, Baiser and Nero transform things in their environment into minions and those minions can have wildly different abilities.

Aside from wondering why Baiser and Nero are so different from everyone else, this also raises a second question in my mind: Since their powers seem to function similarly, is it possible that Baiser also has broader reality warping powers? Her web in La Verita seems to suggest that yes, she does, though it's notable that the web goes back to the standard template of creating a fixed effect directly, rather than manipulating the world around her. Either way, I hope we get more information on how abilities work and why those two seem so different from everyone else.

Now that I think about it, it may be similar to the difference between Lord's fixed high power and Baiser's power rising depending on her mental state. The reason Baiser was chosen by Vena as the leader from the start may very well be due to her boundless imagination (and Alice's broad powers would in this case similarly be explained by her unbridled childish imagination - just take the Ultraman battle, for example). Unlike the usual magical girls or villains who are limited by what they believe their roles should be like, Baiser and Alice are simply letting their fantasies run wild.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Everyone: RUN AWAY.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Magenta, please stop pleasuring your twat, and show us what your La Verita form can do!

I don't see why those things have to be exclusive. :P

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

AAAAAAHHHH this is so exciting and unexpected i can't believe i have to wait until next month to see what happens next!!!

This is so interesting I think we're going to get some really cool insights into Magenta. We've gotten some very interesting tidbits with her and she's always seemed offbeat with the rest of the cast, she's been the only simple and idealistic magical girl genre character, so I should've expected a twist was coming but I never would've foreseen this! I'm so fucking excited to dig into what she represents about bdsm/love/sex once we have more details

... I also want her to completely rock Sulfur's shit and melt her down into a gay little puddle with all her sexy corrupted magical girl-ness but that's neither here nor there...

Blackroseheart
joined Jul 27, 2015

I'm curious what Magenta's ACTUAL La Verita would've been; on page 19 panel 6 has an entirely different silhouette before the Flower of Lust encloses her. Chapter 40 showed there's still residual dark magic from the berserk Baiser fight inside her so it looks like it's capable of overriding her transformation.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Veena got the flower he wanted

Spillmyjuice
joined Jul 11, 2021

I'm curious what Magenta's ACTUAL La Verita would've been; on page 19 panel 6 has an entirely different silhouette before the Flower of Lust encloses her. Chapter 40 showed there's still residual dark magic from the berserk Baiser fight inside her so it looks like it's capable of overriding her transformation.

I've been wondering the same thing. From "Fallen Medic" I'm thinking that her true La Verita would have been something with Heavenly/Angelic/Saintly- both because those tend to be the opposite of Fallen in this context and, while I don't know Magenta has ever been referred to with those adjectives, they definitely suit her- so maybe something akin to a cleric but fancier?

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

wait, Magenta just put her hand down and brought it to her mouth to lick it

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Free sample just for stopping by.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yes, reading mangas involves looking at the pictures to see what's happening.

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

I have soooo many questions x'DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
SHE HAS A DARK STAR LIKE ENORMEETA MEMBERS. This transformation is definitively due to Berserker Baiser corruption. Like they have mentioned, the remanants of that corrupted magic reacted by themselves in chapter 40 and now they interrupted the La Verita transformation (as we can see in some panels, she was going to be wearing a dress just like she imagined), covered her in a black lotus and merged with her, that explaining the personality change.
DUDE, this manga is so freaking good x'DDDD ¡¿HOW CAN IT MAKE ME EXCITED WITH SUCH A CLICHÉ?!

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

Man the anime isn't even out and im already seeing many weirdo's claiming this as their own just like they did with Maid dragon and are acting like this series isn't yuri and calling people "yuritard" if they call it that and then you have the other side calling it yuri-bait that's fetish-fuel and pedo-pandering for straight dude.
I'm out here just hoping they don't censored it like crazy when it airs. Why can't a girl enjoy S&M Magical Girls in peace.
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Man the anime isn't even out and im already seeing many weirdo's claiming this as their own just like they did with Maid dragon and are acting like this series isn't yuri and calling people "yuritard" if they call it that and then you have the other side calling it yuri-bait that's fetish-fuel and pedo-pandering for straight dude.
I'm out here just hoping they don't censored it like crazy when it airs. Why can't a girl enjoy S&M Magical Girls in peace.
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

These days, if you say you're watching the middleschooler majou shoujo BDSM ecchi anime, they arrest you, and throw you in jail.

Baiser_ugly_flower
joined Nov 26, 2022

Trailer for the anime just dropped!

Looks like Magenta's new tactics are super effective against Baiser. (:

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Every chapter we stray further from God's light, and that's great.

joined Dec 22, 2021

As expected the transformation was corrupted,

And so Utena was brought down by the consequence of her own actions.

joined Mar 11, 2020

Utena: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY THE HORNY! NOT JOIN THEM!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh wow. 0_o

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Some of the greatest (mostly deformed) reactions known to man in this chapter. :D

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Utena got Thanosed a lot in this. Also I love Enormeeta protecting their youngest.

2000th post biatch.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 5:36PM

joined May 24, 2014

That was some unusual healing

To reply you must either login or sign up.