Forum › And Thus I Was Picked Up By My Boss's Daughter discussion

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/and_thus_i_was_picked_up_by_my_bosss_daughter_ch06#3

This hand art is scuffed AF. You'd think they would want to be a bit more accurate with just hand and face to focus on.

IT'S THE AI I TELL YOU! THEY HAVE CAPTURED AKASHI, WE HAVE TO SAVE THE AUTHOR!
YOU WILL NEVER LEARN HOW OUR FINGY-JOINTY-POKEY-DIGITS WORK, YOU EVIL STINKY SKYNET WANNABES!!!

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

But really, what with Akashi and emotionally unstable middle-aged woman?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

There's been a few comments about how people don't like this story because it's a bit of a mess. Just want to put it out there, I do like this story, and am interested to see how the "mess" all comes together.

Hoping for continuing updates...?

Same, same

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

Regular updates? Yay! Thanks in advance!

I really do like this story, I wonder what the deal with going to her aunts house is..

joined May 10, 2021

Man fuck the aunt. And not in the romantic way.
Has to be hard for Kazuha but, in wonder if the two dads and Nagashima can make this work somehow.
Thanks for the translation! And godspeed for what's to come!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Huh, so we get hard confirmation that Kazuha truly isn't related to her dad, and then she runs to her aunts place because evidently she's been threatening Kazuha with Nagashima somehow.

And it also looks like Kazuha's bio dad is going to start being a factor from now on, well let's see how Nagashima, Kazuha's dad, and Kazuha's bio dad are going to fix this.

joined Mar 18, 2023

woah.... this story sucks doesnt it?

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

woah.... this story sucks doesnt it?

I mean, it's interesting but, it takes so long for new chapters to release that the tension is pratically nonexistent by the time I read a new chapter

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Poor bodyguards...they just wanted to do their job.

And now she's managed to run off,but it seems the poor ol' real daddio will be brought back at some point to really nail things together.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Huh, so we get hard confirmation that Kazuha truly isn't related to her dad, and then she runs to her aunts place because evidently she's been threatening Kazuha with Nagashima somehow.

I do suspect she's not just doing this to help Nagashima, though, but also as part of her plan to force out the truth. At least looking at everything else she said. But we'll see...

joined May 3, 2014

ugh finally a chapter i forgot this story even existed

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Damn that mom...

joined Feb 24, 2023

I don’t get Yuri from this at all more along the lines of found family or something

joined Jan 14, 2020

Thank you for the translation!

I kept cringing at how her ankles were drawn though, like she was about to fall and break them.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

There's an easy way to find out the truth: a DNA paternity test.

Gaztasterofpork
joined Apr 18, 2023

Dang, but dad sold the kid for money

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Freezing cold take: Both these dudes suck and Kazuha should flip 'em both off and run off with secretary lady.

joined May 9, 2017

I can't really say the manga is bad, but I'm not invested at all in the characters or the story. I don't even want the main MCs to be together. I see no connection not romantic feelings between them.

I'll probably continue to read it, but this is big disappointment after Still Sick.

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 6:53PM

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

Ooh it gets better? I like it a lot already! Thanks for your hard work!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

You know what. I'm actually rooting for the Aunt now. Might've been a bit scummy of her to use MC against Kazuha but then it wasn't that extreme. If it turns out she's just using Kazuha for something, then I'm out.

What's the point of a step dad who actually loves his daughter but won't even get involved? Literally 0 value as a parent.

And looks like real dad chose money so bye, he doesn't need to come back. I can empathize with his choice to an extent but he also has no parental value.

Aunt at least wants to get involved. Even if she's carrying a bit of her sister's memory in the process, she also seems to be giving Kazuha space. So it's not like she's a suffocating relative.

So I'm confused what the conflict here is. I mean at best, it's that Kazuha actually loves her step dad regardless of the truth and wants to stay with him. But if he's acting like this, girl move on.

Weird going into this from following Still Sick. But let's see how it goes.

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 9:04PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

yo what now????

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

And looks like real dad chose money so bye, he doesn't need to come back. I can empathize with his choice to an extent but he also has no parental value.

Could be they're making it seem that way, it's possible he thought she'd be better off in a wealthy family?

last edited at Nov 1, 2023 3:12AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Could be they're making it seem that way, it's possible he thought she'd be better off in a wealthy family?

That might be an argument if he literally didn't kidnap her from a wealthy family to tell her stories of how he was her dad.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That might be an argument if he literally didn't kidnap her from a wealthy family to tell her stories of how he was her dad.

I mean, people can change their minds. Whether it was the money, threat of jail, or coming to understand he was not able to care for her as well as he would have liked to remains to be seen.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Auntie is unwell and unstable. Like, most of the characters act like they're in a somewhat exaggerated soapy family dramedy, and she's over here oscillating between murderous rage and suicidal depression. She doesn't need an apology, she needs therapy. And maybe a restraining order. I'm not even joking when I say I could see Kazuha waking up to find her standing over the bed with a knife, reading to "reunite" the two of them with the mother. Yikes.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying this for the most part.

To reply you must either login or sign up.