Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Anyone else think Koga is dressed like Ellie from TLOU2 from the Seattle arc in this summer chapter?

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

could you take her picture, cause Aya won't remember
could you take her picture, cause Aya won't remember

heeey Uncle, what do you think about your niece, noooowwwww?!
oooh heeey Uncle, what do you think about your niece, naaaoooowww?!!

hey wlftchtr82, have you updated the list yet? I miss you. <3

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 3:42AM

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

The facial expressions in this lol

joined Nov 22, 2019
  1. I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

2. I can't beleive we're still in the "totally don't even recognize our relationship as ever being possibly romantic" and "getting overly blushy over an indirect compliment" stage. Plus, the whole "I don't actually have a crush on her, I just admire her because she looks cool and I think she's brave" bs. I thought we were over those sort of stereotypes in yuri, but I guess this author wanted to do a period piece.

This chapter title got me all excited for finally some sort of development away from the usual sterotypes of the last 20-30 chapters, but it ended up just being gross. I don't care that the token straight guy thinks the girls are cute. Who gives a shit.

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 7:47AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014
  1. I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

2. I can't beleive we're still in the "totally don't even recognize our relationship as ever being possibly romantic" and "getting overly blushy over an indirect compliment" stage. Plus, the whole "I don't actually have a crush on her, I just admire her because she looks cool and I think she's brave" bs. I thought we were over those sort of stereotypes in yuri, but I guess this author wanted to do a period piece.

This chapter title got me all excited for finally some sort of development away from the usual sterotypes of the last 20-30 chapters, but it ended up just being gross. I don't care that the token straight guy thinks the girls are cute. Who gives a shit.

I feel like the point of this chapter was more that Aya is worried that she might have a rival for Koga's affection and is trying to deal with that by making herself even more attractive, as would be expected of a gyaru type of girl. It may feel a bit like fluff but it is speaking to deeper issues in their relationship that may need to be sorted out later

Also, sure Jeff "jerkface" McNarita might be a bit annoying and pushy but there is a certain comedy to his bullshit

I23iaj6av56b1
joined Apr 18, 2023

jerkface-kuuuun best wingman of all time

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol, they're in high school in Japan. I'm pretty sure people don't just figure they're gay that fast. I mean I'm not sure, never lived in Japan but I come from a more conservative country and it's not that evident. The first thing you do is deny it to the moon and back lol.
I think Aya kind of gets it but she's afraid to reaaally think about why she cares so much about Mitsuki. And Mitsuki, idk, she's a bit oblivious. She's probably not so in touch with her own emotions due to being closed off for many years.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One person’s “stereotype” is another person’s “trope.”

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I feel like the point of this chapter was more that Aya is worried that she might have a rival for Koga's affection and is trying to deal with that by making herself even more attractive, as would be expected of a gyaru type of girl. It may feel a bit like fluff but it is speaking to deeper issues in their relationship that may need to be sorted out later

Yeah the whole thing is spelling out that she's feelings scared and trying to peacock a bit

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah the whole thing is spelling out that she's feelings scared and trying to peacock a bit

It's the only way to read it IMO, she feels like she has to compete with whatever mystery (to her) woman was with her crush last time. Being a gyaru, her go to would naturally be ''I need to look prettier''.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's the only way to read it IMO, she feels like she has to compete with whatever mystery (to her) woman was with her crush last time. Being a gyaru, her go to would naturally be ''I need to look prettier''.

Is that just a gyaru thing? I feel like most people would feel that way. "Prettier" might mean different things and different looks, but I don't think it's gyaru specific.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's the only way to read it IMO, she feels like she has to compete with whatever mystery (to her) woman was with her crush last time...

Yeah, the Narita said exactly that ("Got a rival (girl) huh?").

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 11:24AM

joined Oct 30, 2021

I think everyone forget that in previous chapters Aya met an Onee-san in Mitsuki's life that she's really close to that had a really cool straight hair. So she got a bit insecure at the time when the both of them bond sending links of their fave album, they were interrupted and Mitsuki immediately complied and ended the call. Then comes with the talk of hair so it leads her wondering which would be Mitsuki's type. Maybe since Mitsuki looks up to her Oneesan, maybe she likes that kind of style too especially the straight hair. So it's not just about her being gyaru hahahaha

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 11:04AM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Fat pony Aya is too cute

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

I really liked this chapter ~ it was a nice surprise that the previous "posible drama" was taken here like a fluffly comedy, tho I think this "drama" (Aya feeling down because of Kanna's presence) is not over, Im glad to see a "interlude".
And I really missed Narita hahaha I like how his chacter helps a lot in the relationship of both (I thought it would only count for Koga, but glad to see he supports Aya too), probably will come a time He won't be able to help them, but is always nice to see another characters worried about their friends/family in these cases~

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

the faces in this chapter lol

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Accidental lady killer mode strikes again. lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Smooooooooth.

4825dbbf-266a-42cd-a88b-34a30c1f7471
joined Apr 16, 2021

honestly i love narita-kun, usually the “yuri defender” male character trope is kinda annoying but i think it’s done really well here and he’s pretty respectful and nice :)

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm a little sad we didn't get an extra of Narita with Aya's hair

joined Sep 23, 2022

Haha Mitsuki wants to take photos of Aya's face. She's in love already.

Yeah

joined Sep 23, 2022

Aya is too cute

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I do give a shit and im grateful his character is not being used to downplay straight dudes like theyre evil and instead is being serving as a friend to both of them

Bc you know, girls and boys can be FRIENDS

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Honestly, Narita is way more of a bro than most of y'all would probably be...

I think it's kind of refreshing to have a character that recognises a developing case of Acute Anime and acts to immunise against it. If he extracts payment in the form poking fun at them, I can't really begrudge him that.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

...he's not a third wheel now?

To reply you must either login or sign up.