Forum › Goodbye, Daisy discussion

joined Dec 21, 2016

Kyouko is clearly a cultured girl since she went for the meganekko with braids. The removal of glasses was just a move to get even closer with Mion and flirt with her. The move was successfull given how she confessed and started dating Mion.
Anyway, Momono Moto's name is listed on the preview of the next issue of Galette (out in september) so we'll probably see a sequel to this.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Excuse me for this naive question, but... these girls are Kyou and Mion, right?
Who the eff is Daisy??

I asked myself the same question.

Perhaps Kyouko and Mion will live happily ever after—but at some point, after their marriage, they will adopt a doggie named Daisy who will later die and this explains the title?
(crosses fingers)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Title aside, this relationship already rings a few alarm bells for me.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

It's pretty i like it

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Who the eff is Daisy??

Lol that's what I'm wondering too! XD must be a reference to something since it's not a Japanese name... Maybe a reference to the Great Gatsby, which well is kind of a tragedy

joined Dec 21, 2016

Who the eff is Daisy??

Lol that's what I'm wondering too! XD must be a reference to something since it's not a Japanese name... Maybe a reference to the Great Gatsby, which well is kind of a tragedy

I think it's a reference. There's another, unrelated, manga called sayonara daisy which probably references the same thing.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Who the eff is Daisy??

I think it's a reference. There's another, unrelated, manga called sayonara daisy which probably references the same thing.

Or could be Daisy from Mickey and Donald, who knows :P

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Who the eff is Daisy??

Perhaps Kyouko and Mion will live happily ever after—but at some point, after their marriage, they will adopt a doggie named Daisy who will later die and this explains the title?

You'd rather kill a puppy than have some school thots mess up their romance? You evil fiend! Have you no heart?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

To answer the question on the credits page. I honestly DON'T miss Liberty because the MC got cheated on and then the FML felt guilty and now magically the too nice for her own good MC is gonna just accept her apology for running back to her Ex and cheating on her like nothing happened.

This however seem interesting. From the whole "the first time I fell in love" line this isn't going to end with well these two and we might get a time jump of some kind? Looking forward to more of this!

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

It felt a bit plain to me, and like all the points were being hit very quickly, as well as being basic things I've seen repeated many times before, but if it's just a setup for the pain (as it probably is seeing that name) then I'm excited for more

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

The move of taking someone's glasses because "they look prettier without it" should die.
That aside, daisy might be referring to the flower itself? It has different meanings so not sure which one it could be. Could be secret love, innocence, hope, and a bunch of other stuff.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Title aside, this relationship already rings a few alarm bells for me.

Yeah and there's a certain tone here that feels off. Plus the author being known for angst and drama. I'm definitely in the camp of avoiding reading further until there's more or the series is finished.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Invoke your inner yandere, megane-chan.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Who the eff is Daisy??

You'd rather kill a puppy than have some school thots mess up their romance? You evil fiend! Have you no heart?

No one said anything about killing a puppy. It will be an old doggo that lived a long and fulfilling life before peacefully passing away in their sleep.

Jokes aside, I didn't like this very much. It felt very rushed, like I was reading a —rather awkwardly written— one-shot, instead of the first chapter in a series, but I can overlook this if it was meant as a prologue and we enter the main story in the next chapter.

Also, is it just me, or is Kyou a bit weird? I'm not sure if she was meant to appear this way, or if this simply isn't written very well, but a lot of the things she did weirded me out somewhat: first, the whole glasses thing (which unfortunately seems to be a staple of stories with girls with glasses), then confessing out of the blue in a very... aggressive (? Not the right word, but I can't think of a better one) way, then the stupid "I tried to make you jealous so that you'd love me more" and the ending scene where she seems to be going way too fast for the protagonist. She seems kind of... Possessive? Idk. And the whole thing is written in a way that I can't tell if it's just a poor use of the tropes of shy glasses girl and confident outgoing girl that sweeps her off her feet, or the beginnings of an unhealthy relationship.

Just to get this off my chest, I wanna restate how much I loathe the "you look good without your glasses" trope. Is this even something that people say in real life? And if yes, does anyone who wears glasses actually feel fluttered by that? I, for one, know that I would be pissed if someone told me that, it's not like I chose to wear glasses in the first place.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah I have a feeling the weirdness is intentional. Like it's a foreshadowing for something but I'm not sure what yet. Even they way it's drawn and the narration over top give off an ominous vibe lol

joined Dec 21, 2016

it's manga with an irregular publication. The reason why it feels rushed is because the author can't spent too much time building up a story.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Who the eff is Daisy??

Isn't it just a metaphor? They're hardy flowers that last if cared for, but they still generally die by the end of summer.

joined Mar 18, 2023

kyou feels like a player to me.

she chose easy prey in the shy and naive glasses girl with no confidence,deceived her with empty compliments to sweet talk her into dating her,manipulated her feelings to make her position feel threatened,and finally pressuring her to have get intimate way earlier than she would otherwise all in one chapter.

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

this feels like a speedrun of a yuri manga

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

kyou feels like a player to me.

she chose easy prey in the shy and naive glasses girl with no confidence,deceived her with empty compliments to sweet talk her into dating her,manipulated her feelings to make her position feel threatened,and finally pressuring her to have get intimate way earlier than she would otherwise all in one chapter.

Yeah, she sends up all kinds of alarm bells.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Do I miss Liberty?

Also man it is weird to see an original work from Moto
How long has that been?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Ick factor 8/10; those last three pages left me feeling ill. Kyou-chan checks off almost every bad vibe in the book.
Looked like it had potential, but I don't think I can read this one. :(

PrismaticOwl
Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

ahem

A daisy is a flower. Just like a lily ("yuri") is a flower.

The title of this manga is thus "Goodbye Gay Girls." Which, given the author, completely tracks.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

After the garbage pile that was "Liberty" (sure as hell I don't miss that), I have little to no faith in this author, but I'll give this a shot, I guess...

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 11:44AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

this feels like a speedrun of a yuri manga

inb4 next chapter is a 10 year timeskip where they reconnect

To reply you must either login or sign up.