Forum › Goodbye, Daisy discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

After the garbage pile that was "Liberty" (sure as hell I don't miss that), I have little to no faith in this author, but I'll give this a shot, I guess...

It seems to be my lot in life to remind everyone that Momono Moto is not the writer of Liberty, just the artist (although my theory is that they had a lot to do with the early, pre-sucky chapters of that series).

Momono Moto can write emotional-trainwreck stories with characters that some people dislike intensely, but they’re more skilled at what they do than the evidence of Liberty suggests.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Keep in mind that Goodbye, Daisy isn't slated to appear on Galette's next issue in December. Same thing for Liberty which seems to be on an unofficial hiatus.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Excuse me for this naive question, but... these girls are Kyou and Mion, right?
Who the eff is Daisy??

Isn't it just a metaphor? They're hardy flowers that last if cared for, but they still generally die by the end of summer.

Yeah I also think it is just flower symbolism. Extremely common for flower names to end up in Yuri titles.

joined May 10, 2021

One cliché after the other huh. At least the art is still top tier, but considering how inconsistent the schedule for this is, it's still gonna be a pain to follow and enjoy.
Maybe it the author keeps the story short it could be decent.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Jan 3, 2020

So... Kyou speedran the confession (a few sentences after the first time they ever talked), then speedran the jealousy, and tried to use those feelings to speedrun the sex, which failed (and amazingly she didn't force Mion), so they speedran the breakup.

That was certainly... one of the stories of all time.

joined May 3, 2014

it's manga with an irregular publication. The reason why it feels rushed is because the author can't spent too much time building up a story.

so make a good story and don’t make an badly written one if your story is publicated in such an magazine!, like let’s not make excuses for the author!, if they can’t make an good manga for this type of serialization the don’t make one in the first place >.>

joined Dec 21, 2016

it's manga with an irregular publication. The reason why it feels rushed is because the author can't spent too much time building up a story.

so make a good story and don’t make an badly written one if your story is publicated in such an magazine!, like let’s not make excuses for the author!, if they can’t make an good manga for this type of serialization the don’t make one in the first place >.>

it's a filler manga for a magazine that suddenly lost one of its major serialization, what did you expect?

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

Just to get this off my chest, I wanna restate how much I loathe the "you look good without your glasses" trope. Is this even something that people say in real life?

I think it's more of a Western trope than a Japanese trope. In Japan, the meganekko fetish is way more common.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

rereading the first chapter to remind myself of what happened, that felt like... an abrupt change in direction?

joined Jan 3, 2020

rereading the first chapter to remind myself of what happened, that felt like... an abrupt change in direction?

Chapter 2 was also 11 pages shorter. I wonder if the page length was truly just "the amount of space that was free in this month's issue".

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 8:52PM

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

speedrun the sex, which failed (and amazingly she didn't force Mion), so they speedran the breakup.

You can publish a lot, but idk if the magazine would've wanted to publish a graphic depiction of date rape.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Pain

Sakit

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

....*sigh* As expected from this author. If there are no aaanngst and drama in their works they are not happy.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

wow that was fast, i thought it was just a temporary misunderstanding and they would talk about taking things slowly but nope it's already over, i guess now maybe they will play cat and mousse then ?

on a side note, the credit page made me laugh so hard

last edited at Sep 26, 2023 2:39AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

it's a filler manga for a magazine that suddenly lost one of its major serialization, what did you expect?

Did they lose My Cute Kitten too? Or was it just Liberty? Or one of the other series? It seems Hakamada Mera is holding down the fort right now, and it's probably not a good sign that they're reprinting Morinaga's The Secret Recipe. I hope all is well at Galette, although you won't see me complaining about Tsubomi stories being republished!

It's probably also helpful to note that Galette is a (regularly published) quarterly magazine, half indie and half commercial, and the editorial staff has little input into what the authors create unlike something like Yuri Hime. It's also the longest running yuri magazine behind Yuri Hime, so it is not a throwaway or bottom tier place to be published. (Not aiming this response at you guys, just getting the info out there)

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Really really hope for yandere now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.