Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, she's clearly acknowledged as her crush now.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nice!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, I don't care if the the author came out and swore up and down that "No, no, they're totally straight, this story isn't gay at all." I'd just call them a goddamned liar. Even if the translation were being way too generous, nobody straight daydreams about the nape of their bestie's neck like that.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

^ Yeah, it's hard not to have your yuri googles firmly on reading this, to say the least :⁠-⁠P

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

The LEN one is Van Halen. It's a single cover for Hot for Teacher, they had a special cover for each member apparently. I should add it to the list since I have more than half figured out.

GOOD EYE!! and you could be right! I look up and it's Eddie Van Halen playing the guitar with the light shining on his back, left shoulder, and the back of his hair.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Yeah, I don't care if the the author came out and swore up and down that "No, no, they're totally straight, this story isn't gay at all." I'd just call them a goddamned liar. Even if the translation were being way too generous, nobody straight daydreams about the nape of their bestie's neck like that.

What you don't think about the napes of your homies' necks?

Also, was that the nape of her neck she was thinking about? I just assumed it was generally how close they were.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

It's easier to lick your homies out if you say it's not gay

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Instant cameras are the best,especially those in the late 90s that you could collapse into a flat shape for storage,much better then the current rounded ones.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Aya looks so precious in baggy clothes

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

For me all here have a really straight explanation; look that blush, obviuosly is from a bath Aya took before the scene, and that daydream when they slightly touched shoulders? pff Aya was looking the clothes for sure, like "ooh look that fine piece of clothes, will ask later where I can buy one too". And that blush thinking about a photo with her Oshi? ha! besties things, pls

Now leaving this behind that not even historians believe; I know hand holding is a millenary technique no many can archive, but Aya will not survive at one of those right? hahaha Koga just existing beside her is giving her gay panics hahaha

PD: Can't express how happy I am right now that people can see the magazines too; I was about to put a mirror in front of me so I had someone I could scream with(?

joined Aug 12, 2022

The chapter releasing today was such a nice surprise.
@Hamshams I know the feeling lol.

joined Nov 13, 2022

The chapter releasing today was such a nice surprise.
@Hamshams I know the feeling lol.

Indeed, I ended today's work and pop! here it was hahaha And tho is not spoiler, I will put it occult to no provoke anything(?; but my favorite is in this order:

Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. Summer was about to be first but there is something between Spring and Winter that just sold me hahaha

joined Aug 12, 2022

Hmm, my favorites would be the ones with side characters, so Autumn and Winter. I also can't wait for everyone to read Rhythm B, it explains so much

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

flowsthead posted:

Also, was that the nape of her neck she was thinking about? I just assumed it was generally how close they were.

In the last panels, what I see is Aya thinking back about how their shoulders touched and thinking that it makes for the best "tender memories". It's ambiguous if it's the situation or the pic (probably both).

joined Nov 13, 2022

Hmm, my favorites would be the ones with side characters, so Autumn and Winter. I also can't wait for everyone to read Rhythm B, it explains so much

Same about that extra chapter! And yes, I always liked how the author worked with side characters, even with only 4 pages, for me, they are really good included and the relationship they have

joined Jan 14, 2020

I think that's still a choice by Kirin about how to translate 'oshi'.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, I'm mostly curious about the japaneses that "lover's shot" was translated from.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In the last panels, what I see is Aya thinking back about how their shoulders touched and thinking that it makes for the best "tender memories". It's ambiguous if it's the situation or the pic (probably both).

Yeah, for some reason at first glance I thought that panel was more about Aya's perspective, being close to Mitsuki's shoulder/neck area, but after looking again, it's definitely more about the shoulder contact.

Regardless, my point stands.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, I'm mostly curious about the japaneses that "lover's shot" was translated from.

I could swear Kirin stopped doing that a while ago, but I could of course be wrong. Regardless, can't tell without knowing the original line, indeed.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I could swear Kirin stopped doing that a while ago, but I could of course be wrong. Regardless, can't tell without knowing the original line, indeed.

On Discord they said they'd gone back to "crush".

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I tried to use "Oshi" once instead of crush, because I felt it wasn't appropriate from the moment Aya knew of Mitsuki's gender, but then people either didn't understand the word or protested because they were used to Aya referring to Mittsuki as her crush. It's not a hill I'll die on, so whatever.

As for "lovers's shot", it's my personal interpretation of 2ショット (2 shot), which is "a pic with two people on it" and which is usually done by couples.

I had already used that translation in chapter 9 of "My Girlfriend's not here today". It's to the same effect: it's something couples do, which is why Aya reacts as "super gross!" at her own idea.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I had already used that translation in chapter 9 of "My Girlfriend's not here today". It's to the same effect: it's something couples do, which is why Aya reacts as "super gross!" at her own idea.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Dramatic ground hog music and stare

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The LEN one is Van Halen. It's a single cover for Hot for Teacher, they had a special cover for each member apparently. I should add it to the list since I have more than half figured out.

GOOD EYE!! and you could be right! I look up and it's Eddie Van Halen playing the guitar with the light shining on his back, left shoulder, and the back of his hair.

Exactly!!!
For others to see, I’ll put it side to side.

I still haven’t added it yet because I am lazy and got too busy with studies + calling Aya a gay ass mf in my free time, but this one is pretty much confirmed.

These are the mysterious ones so far:

Honourable mention to this since no one really knows if it’s The Beatles or not.

Let it Be is kinda written there (?) and the fact it’s in the middle makes me think of the 2003 ver., the ‘Let it Be… Naked” one but I don’t trust Sumiker

The research team (me and the other fans obsessed with music refs) had a hard time on this chapter ngl. Instead of worrying about the new character said to bring some drama we are crying because the Pink Floyd poster seems to be a fusion between multiple ones and the Misfits one is hard af to even take a guess.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

"who she takes after"

Ma'am, you literally just mentioned her uncle.

To reply you must either login or sign up.