Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It feels like the telling of this story has become more disjoint. Is there a chapter missing or something?

It's always been rapidly jumping forward. Getting two chapters that are directly following each other is very rare in this series ^^;

joined Apr 2, 2023

Kanna has a big sister or (way) upper classmate vibe. I do not think we get a love triangle now.

She seems like an adult to me. All the teens so far still have that baby face to them and she doesn't. Knowing Mitsuki well enough to be informal with her name and comment on her appearance changing feels more like something an older person would do too and with Mituski being 16 anytime in the past is basically her childhood. But if she knew her primarily through the shop then I'd argue Mitsuki always looked cool at least in that setting. If she knew her through school or maybe a more domestic setting that comment might make more sense right now.

I'm not feeling a love triangle, but I think she could be someone who knows a lot more about Mitsuki than has been willingly shared with Aya so far and Aya has been curious.

last edited at May 7, 2023 1:18PM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It feels like the telling of this story has become more disjoint. Is there a chapter missing or something?

It's always been rapidly jumping forward. Getting two chapters that are directly following each other is very rare in this series ^^;

Yeah, but last chapter was Aya fucking around and get being avoidant, now suddenly they're at a concert live they're best buds and the tension between them is gone.

It feels more disconnected than my recollection of earlier chapters where, even if they weren't directly sequential, they had a logical throughline that you can follow the plot easily. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

a new lesbian has appeared

joined Apr 2, 2023

Yeah, but last chapter was Aya fucking around and get being avoidant, now suddenly they're at a concert live they're best buds and the tension between them is gone.

It feels more disconnected than my recollection of earlier chapters where, even if they weren't directly sequential, they had a logical throughline that you can follow the plot easily. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

It was a little easier when it was just one constant mistaken identity storyline/gags sure, but there still are things linking the story together currently and there's always been an ongoing question to why Mitsuki is in her situation.

Right now there are two threads set up: First, Mitsuki being in her last year of school and the hints of apprehension growing about her future via her Uncle who somehow in the course of her life became her caretaker. He's extremely careful with her. Second, Aya being in the final stages of dealing with her attraction to cool shop Onii-san/actually cool shop girl Oshi/actually cool quiet Koga-san from school who she also gets the butterflies for now. The tension is less Aya spending several chapters accepting she's into all of them, and more her starting to question why there a fracture there in Mitsuki in first place to understand her better. Currently it's a superficial 'why is she hiding how cool she is' thoughts but there is something deeper going on. She has a pretty good vantage point as being someone who has been able to see the different sides of her even if she doesn't know the why yet.

Both of those threads seem related to Mitsuki's past and now we got some overly familiar older girl who existed in that past show up. Perhaps not a love rival, but someone with more information than Mitsuki has given out just at the time Aya is wanting to know more herself.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont mind a new chr to give them a nudge in the right direction or cause a bit of jelousy etc but PLEASE lets avoid any pointy polygons in this story!

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Whoa. She good-looking, too.

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:42PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

ANTOGONISTAAAAAA

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Love Rival at 12 o'clock - get your pepper spray and taser ready, Protagonisto-chan!

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:47PM

joined Aug 12, 2022

I woke up, saw the raws then went back to sleep. I was super sleepy when I used the google picture translator on my phone. I misread Kanna-san as kasan and so I thought she was her mother lol. even had a dream about it.

I honestly don't think this will be a love triangle. If Kanna was around back when Mitsuki lost her first friend and decided to close off, then maybe she'll just want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

That's gonna be Mitsuki's first crush isn't it

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

If Kanna was around back when Mitsuki lost her first friend and decided to close off, then maybe she'll just want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Im around that kind of theory too, if Kanna is older than Koga, I think too that probably knows what happened with her in the past and will try to protect her now seeing she got a new friend

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Uh oh. A challenger approaches.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I can hear a lot of alarms blaring from that ending.

On the other hand, whether she's the ex-girlfriend, love rival or experienced lesbian, she means progress.

joined Jan 11, 2014

BEGON THOT!

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

starting to think this author and I have a similar type....

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

A NEW CHALLENGER

They always appear

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

whomst?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Speaking of Mitsuki's friends, wasn't it established early on that she actually has friends (or at least one friend) in some other class?

joined Nov 13, 2022

Speaking of Mitsuki's friends, wasn't it established early on that she actually has friends (or at least one friend) in some other class?

In a character bio page yes, but I think that one changed since the manga came out. Spoiler:

The extra chapter in manga about Koga past, we can see that childhood friend so can be or not still in the same school, but given what happened..... don't know if they are still friends...And after that the manga says she closed emotional in school so no more friends after that

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Ngl it’s a little hard to stay invested in this series when you wait nearly month and only get like 3 pages lol

joined Nov 13, 2022

Okey just got the physical manga and magazines....I have no words from the quality really; that and the attetion of the seller is amazing. Dont know if it's because of the normally treat in business here where I live or what, but the details are incredible. Really glad to experience all

joined Apr 2, 2023

Okey just got the physical manga and magazines....I have no words from the quality really; that and the attetion of the seller is amazing. Dont know if it's because of the normally treat in business here where I live or what, but the details are incredible. Really glad to experience all

It was really well made, right? I have one to read and one for the shelf. I'm hoping an English version is at least close to that print quality, but I'm not sure what publisher to be hoping for.

I think two of the booklets were still needed to be scanned. Spring and Autumn. Not sure if you have a public library with a scanner available. Still a little mad I didn't get all of them myself when I had the chance. I was able to sell off the extra books easily so in retrospect I should have just gone all the way even if I ended up with cough number of additional books in the process.

joined Nov 13, 2022

It was really well made, right? I have one to read and one for the shelf. I'm hoping an English version is at least close to that print quality, but I'm not sure what publisher to be hoping for.

Absolutly well made, and I have the same thinking about an English version, tho here only from Spain is what we got....not to be bad about that editorials, they do really good prints but.....this one? this one is TOO different from what we normally recive.....

I think two of the booklets were still needed to be scanned. Spring and Autumn. Not sure if you have a public library with a scanner available. Still a little mad I didn't get all of them myself when I had the chance. I was able to sell off the extra books easily so in retrospect I should have just gone all the way even if I ended up with cough number of additional books in the process.

*cries for not even have a library in the zone(?) I got the alll the magazines, won't lie, it cost....a lot, I even waited 1-2 days to see other offers but I saw what was happening, no one having the 4, Autumm magazines that I tried to buy apart, sold in hours; so yeah....just jumped and take it hahaha

Scan issue....I only have a cellphone.... all that is public scanners are gone now, ours broke years ago and we couldn't afford another

To reply you must either login or sign up.