Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Gash posted:

Do you think this chapter means drama from before the hiatus is resolved now? Or is this an out of order interlude?
I love this update but I was really thinking previous arc needed at least a chapter or two more to properly resolve.

The author choose to stick to a "real" timeline. Ie, it's X-mas when it's X-mas IRL, it's spring when it's spring IRL, she references concerts that actually happen in Japan, etc.

Yeah, to the point that I honestly was kinda surprised a few weeks ago when we got a direct continuation of the previous scene. That almost never happens.

I wonder if there's going to be more to the book to fill in the gaps.

So, since the concert, I'd assume a few weeks have passed, as much as in real life. Maybe she'll reference the aftermath in later chapters.

Though I think that next chapter may be a birthday chapter, since it'll be Aya's according to what's been mentioned here.

Another occasion for Mitsuki to be a smooth criminal I guess.

Yeah, watch for falling hearts.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 3:23PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Absolutely devastated now, I thought you were a musician and wrote a jingle for us :((

I wish I was a musician. but don't be sad. I didn't mean to deceive you like this. <3

i forgive you, my beloved. to prove this, I have updated the artists list <33

awww (> ^-^)> <333

and you know what, I'll reconsider it on making a jingle for you and to everybody. with the help from my friend who is a musician so give me some time and I'm using the list for reference.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 12:10AM

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

I love the Uncle and his friends theyre just great

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Now I really wonder if there are circumstances that led to her living with the uncle rather than her parents.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Now I really wonder if there are circumstances that led to her living with the uncle rather than her parents.

It's not so uncommon in Japan. With many kids having to commute to larger cities for school, they often end up moving in with relatives who already live there.

I do get the vibe that something may have happened to her parents from this story, though

joined May 10, 2021

I freaking love her uncle and the relationship they've got so damn much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I suspect it's the same reason Huey, Dewey, and Louie live with Unca Donald. (No reason given.)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nephewism

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 8:51AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well that is just too damn cute.

Also, as an uncle it just makes my heart feel nice and warm.

joined May 3, 2014

i guess I’m the only one that wants some romance progression? the slice of life is starting to get boring -_-

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Best uncle since Iroh. Prove me wrong.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No similarity whatsoever, sure... :D

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

i guess I’m the only one that wants some romance progression? the slice of life is starting to get boring -_-

I think youre more frustrated that the author took a bit of a hiatus with the book

joined Apr 6, 2013

I bet you skip cut scenes

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Oh so they are third years now… I wonder if they changed classes, and if career path stuff will hinder the (alleged) romance aspect of the story for a bit.

I do wonder what Mitsuki plans on doing. Being a musician is such a meh way of answering it tbh. Just because you are passionate about music doesn’t mean you will drop everything to pursue such a career, specially given how she DOES NOT want to stand out — if that weren’t the case, she’d be playing in other occasions other than the afterparty. I think it would be nice if she decided to do something related to business administration (or whatever else you can study to be a manager), given her work at her Uncle’s store. The idea of Mitsuki taking over and being the rocker-looking store manager like her Uncle while in her 40s is really cool.

As to Aya, she’s truly a mystery in that aspect. All we truly know about her is that she’s gay af, is a gyaru and loves rock music. But none of that could give us any hints of a possible career she’d be interested in.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh so they are third years now… I wonder if they changed classes, and if career path stuff will hinder the (alleged) romance aspect of the story for a bit.

I do wonder what Mitsuki plans on doing.

Those Japanese school "career path" declaration forms are an interesting cultural difference from the US. I vaguely recall a required ten-minute meeting with the guidance counselor that amounted to, "You need to get your math grades up if you ever want to go to college" (I didn't, but later went to college anyway).

As for my classmates, there was the small "getting a job in my dad's business" contingent (plumber, resort management, funeral home, etc.), a somewhat larger group of "going to college wherever I get in" people, and the rest were either unknown to me or (like me) "I dunno."

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

For all the trials and tribulations that surely await in their third year, it also gives rise to fun, potential developments such as deciding to live together for university after graduating. Am excite *w*

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I bet you skip cut scenes

Shit I got hit with a stray bullet

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Happy year anniversary (hehe can't believe I was the first one to post a comment heheh)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I do wonder what Mitsuki plans on doing. Being a musician is such a meh way of answering it tbh. Just because you are passionate about music doesn’t mean you will drop everything to pursue such a career, specially given how she DOES NOT want to stand out — if that weren’t the case, she’d be playing in other occasions other than the afterparty. I think it would be nice if she decided to do something related to business administration (or whatever else you can study to be a manager), given her work at her Uncle’s store. The idea of Mitsuki taking over and being the rocker-looking store manager like her Uncle while in her 40s is really cool.

I would not even be that surprised if she did drop everything to pursue a career in music, but she definitely wouldn't write it in her career path form.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I would not even be that surprised if she did drop everything to pursue a career in music, but she definitely wouldn't write it in her career path form.

Being a musician doesn’t really seem like something she’d have to hide from her Uncle & Co. But I still think it doesn’t match the character’s personality we’ve been shown so far. And the story doesn’t really seem to be hinting towards that. She’s surrounded by people in the music business but doesn’t seem to be doing something behind the scenes (composing, practicing) or being eager to go to more concerts and meeting the music industry people themselves. And heck, not even trying to be in a band — since her main traits revolve around not wanting to be outwardly cool/smooth, I doubt she’d be dreaming of becoming a solo center-stage Gt./Vo. at this point.

The story has been focusing on the high school life and the potential yuri, so for it to shift like that (turn into one of the MCs wanting to be a musician despite wanting to be a wallflower who has no friends among her peers) would be kinda weird.
That’s why I am thinking of something related to the store. Even if it turns out to be not getting any form of education to continue the “family business” but keep working there after graduating and that’s that.

[P.S: The career rant is because with this new information — them being 3rd years — the plot could expand way beyond the GAYaru panicking and the relationship being a slow burn]

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

hi, can you please stop making me fall for the uncle? thanks.

joined Jan 24, 2022

Ah yes, the "you look like your dad" moment, instead it's uncle here

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

hi, can you please stop making me fall for the uncle? thanks.

Sumiko:

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

You are aware that this is not yuri and will never be... right?
Sometimes when I read the comments I wonder how many of the readers have forgotten that the mangaka specifically warned us about that.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

There are a lot of jobs in the music industry that are never/rarely (?) covered in manga such as; promoter, tour manager, guitar tech, roadie, videographer, all the merchandising side from design to production to sales, etc.
It would be nice to see one or more of these roles get a bit of coverage in the story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.