Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

No matter how many times I read it (and I lost count hahaha); I keep wondering, if Aya is acting like this, having gay panics just from seeing Koga (like ch 40, at the start with that little panic), what will be of her when she figures out her feelings; the more deep ones hahaha

cause she's in too deep
and she's trying to keep
up above of her head
instead of going under

Ooh, Sum 41 ref
I love you

I've used this reference twice now. love you too!

joined May 9, 2017

I just receive the manga. Sumiko-sensei did a wonderful job! Color pages at the beginning, a long additional chapter at the end, and bonuses (and three different bonuses depending on where you buy it). No wonder she couldn't release new chapters lately… I hope she's not overworked.

Anyway, it's a real pleasure to finally having it in my hands. I hope the internation audience will have a release as well to support the author!

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 7:38AM

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

I just receive the manga. Sumiko-sensei did a wonderful job! Color pages at the beginning, a long additional chapter at the end, and bonuses (and three different bonuses depending on where you buy it).

Oh! if is not problem, could u tell about the bonus if they are images or mini stories? No need to tell what it's if u don't want, I respect the people don't want to show it since it just came up for sale~ It's curiosity, if it adds some info that is good to know (tho surely not, so it's fair for all ~ )

joined Apr 2, 2023

I just receive the manga. Sumiko-sensei did a wonderful job! Color pages at the beginning, a long additional chapter at the end, and bonuses (and three different bonuses depending on where you buy it). No wonder she couldn't release new chapters lately… I hope she's not overworked.

Anyway, it's a real pleasure to finally having it in my hands. I hope the internation audience will have a release as well to support the author!

So do all four booklets have different story content or just different illustrations? I've got two coming (winter and summer), but I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the other two since I can't find them without books and I already got cough number of books to resell here in the US. Which might be easy to do or not since they are in Japanese.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 10:41AM

joined Nov 13, 2022

I was looking in the author Tw post and rt; and tho there are specific illustrations; there is too 4 limited magazines (autumn, spring, summer and winter), each one with 8 pages telling a short story, and each one different from another~

(Correct me if Im wrong tho)

Edit: OMG I tried to see if I could buy one and is already without stock! (winter magazine + manga)
Edit 2: In Toranoana, they have the autumn maganize to sell individualy

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 8:15PM

joined Apr 2, 2023

Here is a picture of all of them together: https://twitter.com/chopsticks_sp85/status/1648268673902346241?s=20

I have Winter and Summer along with the movie theater postcard ordered. But it's starting to dry up out there and 99% of the time they are listed with books. Try Mercari in Japan (via Buyee if you aren't local) and you can still find some with booklets for inflated prices.

Eventually I'll put a few of my extra books on Mercari US. I don't need all of these dupes. Get some circulating here. Heh.

joined Nov 13, 2022

Here is a picture of all of them together: https://twitter.com/chopsticks_sp85/status/1648268673902346241?s=20

I have Winter and Summer along with the movie theater postcard ordered. But it's starting to dry up out there and 99% of the time they are listed with books. Try Mercari in Japan (via Buyee if you aren't local) and you can still find some with booklets for inflated prices.

Eventually I'll put a few of my extra books on Mercari US. I don't need all of these dupes. Get some circulating here. Heh.

I used Buyee to ask for one, but given the price is a "only" manga, I will use buyee again for the autumn one, but winter is without stock (plus is with manga) and the others two (spring and summer) only could find them with the manga

Will keep searching after dinner

Edit: ufff is true.... in Buyee the prices are already insane....will try the official pages, but wow. At least could order for the autumn one from a offcial page

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 9:08PM

joined Apr 2, 2023

I used Buyee to ask for one, but given the price is a "only" manga, I will use buyee again for the autumn one, but winter is without stock (plus is with manga) and the others two (spring and summer) only could find them with the manga

Will keep searching after dinner

Edit: ufff is true.... in Buyee the prices are already insane....will try the official pages, but wow. At least could order for the autumn one from a offcial page

I see a 7,999 yen listing on Mercari/Buyee for 1 manga + the 3 non-Autumn booklets. A little spendy, but it'd solve your problem all in one go. I think I'm done myself. I was just lucky to already have a Buyee box open for something else when this dropped or I wouldn't have done as much as I did.

joined Nov 13, 2022

I see a 7,999 yen listing on Mercari/Buyee for 1 manga + the 3 non-Autumn booklets. A little spendy, but it'd solve your problem all in one go. I think I'm done myself. I was just lucky to already have a Buyee box open for something else when this dropped or I wouldn't have done as much as I did.

Oh! I can't find it, and Im new to Buyee too. How can I search for it? I always used the " Yahoo! Buy" because I searched for offical pages and so

joined Apr 2, 2023

The top bar on Buyee it should say...
Yahoo! JAPAN Auction | Yahoo! JAPAN Shopping | Mercari | Rakuten ... etc.

Just have Mercari selected and then do your search as normal. It lets you select what shop to focus your search from.

last edited at Apr 21, 2023 12:04PM

joined Nov 13, 2022

The top bar on Buyee it should say...
Yahoo! JAPAN Auction | Yahoo! JAPAN Shopping | Mercari | Rakuten ... etc.

Just have Mercari selected and then do your search as normal. It lets you select what shop to focus your search from. Maybe this direct will work for you? https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m12210624648?conversionType=buyee_top_browsing_history

Yes! Ty you so so much!!!

Edit: aaaah didn't make it on time hahaha I will keep searching now how you told me, ty!
Edit: I will keep searching these days, now is one full at 15,555 yen, that one yes is too much for me, but will try to find the magazines mostly

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 9:55PM

joined Apr 2, 2023

Oh snap. I hope I didn't tip someone else off here. (looks around) It literally was just there. I had the diner postcard swiped out from under me. They even billed me and had to refund. There is a slight pause between Buyee clearing your money and actually making the purchase for you.

Try to get one or two, but don't let it stress you out if that's all you get. These are hard to nab even domestically. And from my experience yuri extras like this usually stay expensive so even one at or near retail is a win.

last edited at Apr 21, 2023 12:04PM

joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh snap. I hope I didn't tip someone else off here. (looks around) It literally was just there. I had the diner postcard swiped out from under me. They even billed me and had to refund. There is a slight pause between Buyee clearing your money and actually making the purchase for you.

Try to get one or two, but don't let it stress you out if that's all you get. These are hard to nab even domestically. And from my experience yuri extras like this usually stay expensive so even one at or near retail is a win.

Hahaha maybe is someone watching ha! but is all okey, I sure they are happy ~ And oki doki too all, plus I made a preorder so the manga itself is already purchased, so it's better if I search the magazines (really difficult but I can try).

Edit: I shall break the F5 these days(?

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 10:18PM

joined Nov 13, 2022

I was looking at the replies to one of the author posts and seeing this: https://twitter.com/si9Psydu9/status/1648712055887904769

Then Koga is the younger one, that is cute~

joined Apr 2, 2023

I got mine in the mail today. The publisher must love her because they got every detail right. It's a larger format, printing under the dustjacket, several color pages (I'm not going to spoil the hair and eye colors), and of course the green throughout. Textured cover and matte pages even for the color pages, but the ink took really well. Very good value for the price.

I didn't immediately notice any large corrections or changes to the art so I assume whatever cleaning up she did was cosmetic. It ends with a new story called Rhythm B which is 13 pages of new content that answered several of my ongoing questions so to me is necessary to the story and not mere bonus fluff. Eventually it will show up online, but it's good to let people have a chance to buy their copies. She's been doing everything for free until now so I'm hoping everything is very successful with this first volume.

I have three bookstore benefits versions still coming and a couple books I'm going to put up on Mercari here in the US. If anyone is interested I can give a shout when I list those in like 10 days-ish. I closed my Buyee box so no more than that coming. Hopefully Kinokuniya in the US stocks them soon too. I want it to do really well.

joined Nov 13, 2022

I got mine in the mail today. The publisher must love her because they got every detail right. It's a larger format, printing under the dustjacket, several color pages (I'm not going to spoil the hair and eye colors), and of course the green throughout. Textured cover and matte pages even for the color pages, but the ink took really well. Very good value for the price.

I didn't immediately notice any large corrections or changes to the art so I assume whatever cleaning up she did was cosmetic. It ends with a new story called Rhythm B which is 13 pages of new content that answered several of my ongoing questions so to me is necessary to the story and not mere bonus fluff. Eventually it will show up online, but it's good to let people have a chance to buy their copies. She's been doing everything for free until now so I'm hoping everything is very successful with this first volume.

I have three bookstore benefits versions still coming and a couple books I'm going to put up on Mercari here in the US. If anyone is interested I can give a shout when I list those in like 10 days-ish. I closed my Buyee box so no more than that coming. Hopefully Kinokuniya in the US stocks them soon too. I want it to do really well.

So nice!!! And glad to know all that <3 Here in the end got the one with manga + 4 magazines. It's already purchased so now to wait, the time already is a 4-7 days to send so I dont have a rush; plus I can't really can ask to send it here until past first week of May because I will not be able to take the delivery~ But the important thing is already done ~

joined Jan 4, 2014

I didn't immediately notice any large corrections or changes to the art so I assume whatever cleaning up she did was cosmetic. It ends with a new story called Rhythm B which is 13 pages of new content that answered several of my ongoing questions so to me is necessary to the story and not mere bonus fluff.

Mine arrived today as well, albeit a day late due to Amazon forgetting one of the import documents. Luckily easily rectified via a simple email. Book looks great indeed, both in terms of the colours and the general print quality. Also some of the clearest and easiest to read text I've seen in a while; might even try brushing up on my very rusty Japanese reading skills for it. Hair and eye colours are a surprisingly close match to what I had in mind, so took me a moment to realise that we actually hadn't seen them before.

joined Apr 2, 2023

Now that I'm going through comparing page by page (as one does on a Friday night) she actually has changed a lot more than I first noticed.

She's made a lot of the greens more dynamic with fades and screens that weren't there before early on. Mainly in the earliest chapters when she was still getting the feel for it. She did a transparency on Koga's mask at work for several key moments early on too so we can see how she's reacting vs the black mask originally. She slightly changed Aya's eyes/expressions a several times in the early chapters. To a more precise emotion. Koga too sometimes. Mouths cleaned up. I'd say their iconic moment expressions were the same though so no worries there. One thing I really like as a change is when she used to have a washed grey panel of someone like in a memory she now drew it as her normal style or uses a more balanced screen. That grey just never jived. Most of these changes are early on and balance the pages more or be more intentionally with Aya. It really refined her signature tight transitions even more from the beginning now.

I did see album art, tshirt art, and posters made more generic. They still specifically talk about the bands/show playlists, which is actually nice compared to other manga that Great Value Brand even band names to avoid trouble, but she can't get away with the album art in the published version 99% of the time it looks like. Unfortunate, but I don't think it ruined anything. Oddly the album art at the festival booth stayed branded Gun's N Roses but it's a different cover. Wonder if they got permission for one instance like that? I'm not familiar with the new cover, but it still had their name on it. Not sure if this is tighter or looser than what a US publisher would require. Hopefully they aren't forced to get goofy with the band names.

All that would have taken a lot of work to do so no wonder she was busier than she thought. Editor-san stuck with it. Plus the extra story (just noticed the first few pages were new material too and perspective bookending the new story at the end between Aya and Koga with her foot tapping connecting it...I was too stunned by the color to catch on first reading how literal that tapping linked it.) and bonus boolets.

joined Nov 13, 2022

She's made a lot of the greens more dynamic with fades and screens that weren't there before early on. Mainly in the earliest chapters when she was still getting the feel for it. She did a transparency on Koga's mask at work for several key moments early on too so we can see how she's reacting vs the black mask originally. She slightly changed Aya's eyes/expressions a several times in the early chapters. To a more precise emotion. Koga too sometimes. Mouths cleaned up. I'd say their iconic moment expressions were the same though so no worries there. One thing I really like as a change is when she used to have a washed grey panel of someone like in a memory she now drew it as her normal style or uses a more balanced screen. That grey just never jived. Most of these changes are early on and balance the pages more or be more intentionally with Aya. It really refined her signature tight transitions even more from the beginning now.

I did see album art, tshirt art, and posters made more generic. They still specifically talk about the bands/show playlists, which is actually nice compared to other manga that Great Value Brand even band names to avoid trouble, but she can't get away with the album art in the published version 99% of the time it looks like. Unfortunate, but I don't think it ruined anything. Oddly the album art at the festival booth stayed branded Gun's N Roses but it's a different cover. Wonder if they got permission for one instance like that? I'm not familiar with the new cover, but it still had their name on it. Not sure if this is tighter or looser than what a US publisher would require. Hopefully they aren't forced to get goofy with the band names.

No wonder she was working so much, from the bio page I saw in one post that already was changed, I did expect something like that but I didn't know at what "level".
And true....I didn't thought about it, but with brands when it's a comercial product you can't just "put them there" because you can have problems of copyright; so yeap same, that will something that is not really her choice in reality

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Classmate-kun is every Dynasty lurker in the nutshell.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

In Aya's defense, she has to face a barrage of smooth charisma on a daily basis, it takes a toll on a girl :P She'll find her courage soon, I believe in her!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im still unsure if she knows herself why she is running away or not.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

What a cute chapter. You can’t keep running away forever! Hahaha
I hope we get to see Mitsuki’s POV

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Unbelievably normal. :D

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Im still unsure if she knows herself why she is running away or not.

Yeah I don't think she's put two and two together yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.