Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

agonizing over what the ending will be like man

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

It's gonna be the last day best date!

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

Not like this man…

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Im crying on my bed while reading this chapter, it hurts that the end will be a tragic one

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Coming right for the jugular once again I see

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 5:42AM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Really hoping, if by some chance, this gets picked up as anime. Usually it would be some sort out there request, but with the state of Yuri being consistently picked one by one recently, I have hopes this one will too. It’s relatively popular, plus the bittersweetness of it all will provide a good enough draw for people to take with it. I just truly want another way we can immortalize Kaori, not just in the novel Shizuku is writing, or in this manga, but also her voice in an anime. I feel like even as a fictional character, Kaori is one of those special ones you don’t want to forget.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 5:48AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
The only issue I see with that is that six volumes is just a bit too long to adapt in one cour, but they could do it if they condensed things here and there.

joined May 1, 2015

Even though I get super sad when I read this story, I cannot help but want to see it to the end. I still have hope for a happy ending.
I don't want Kaori to die, damn it is so unfair.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this had one of those long, detailed manga titles, it would be "A Story About a Bully Being Sorry And Then Readers Getting Their Hearts Smashed With a Sledgehammer."

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Jesus fucking christ this chapter went hard. Pages 30 and 34 were both freight trains at full capacity hitting full speed.

Even though I get super sad when I read this story, I cannot help but want to see it to the end. I still have hope for a happy ending.
I don't want Kaori to die, damn it is so unfair.

Fucking same. Word for word what I am feeling as well. I do not care how much of an ass-pull it would be, I just want the two of them to be happy.

..."A Story About a Bully Being Sorry And Then Readers Getting Their Hearts Smashed With a Sledgehammer."...

lol but also oof.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 8:17AM

joined Aug 7, 2020

come on man, dont do this to me
not the "I'll be able to leave soon"

we all know it doesnt mean what it means

i hope some miracle happens and we get our happy ending

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

come on man, dont do this to me
not the "I'll be able to leave soon"

we all know it doesnt mean what it means

i hope some miracle happens and we get our happy ending

I dunno--what do people think are the actual odds of this author doing a miracle-cure twist to this story?

I personally don't put them as being very high. I get the feeling it's going to be, "Look, people, you were warned on the very first page--now face the music!"

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Really hoping, if by some chance, this gets picked up as anime. Usually it would be some sort out there request, but with the state of Yuri being consistently picked one by one recently, I have hopes this one will too. It’s relatively popular, plus the bittersweetness of it all will provide a good enough draw for people to take with it. I just truly want another way we can immortalize Kaori, not just in the novel Shizuku is writing, or in this manga, but also her voice in an anime. I feel like even as a fictional character, Kaori is one of those special ones you don’t want to forget.

I want (demand...) Narcissu 2 anime first. :)

This story is fine too, but is of lower impact because it focuses more on the girlfriend of the patient than the patient herself.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yep cried through t his entire thing. I'm not ready for this ending even though we all knew it was coming a few chapters in. Like damn the title of the entire thing lets us know what the hell were getting ourselves into when it comes to the ending. I have a feeling this ending is going to scar me.. Can't get much worse in that department right?

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

God, this must be so hard on Shizuku's mind. Also, I think y'all know what it means when they let people in such bad condition enjoy some time out of the hospital right...
I can already see this is one of the series I'll remember for the rest of my life

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Utterly destroyed, both Shizuku and my own heart...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Your Lie in April, redux.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm gonna be crying a lot once the obvious ending happens, aren't I?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

If Kaori dies, and neither of them confesses before that, I will be on the news

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I dunno--what do people think are the actual odds of this author doing a miracle-cure twist to this story?

Realistically? Not zero, but practically no chance whatsoever. Crackpot theory? It's 50-50 between the chances being incredibly low and the story reflecting that or the chances being so low that it means the outcome will most likely be the opposite.

In all seriousness, I think I've commented similarly before, I truly believe that with the competence and quality they've displayed thus far if the author chooses to go with a happy ending, they'll manage to make it make at least some sense without cheapening the whole thing.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouchy.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Your Lie in April, redux.

More like Strawberry Panic since the Koari from there also died from illness

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

And I just did my makeup... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...... ;_;

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Realistically? Not zero, but practically no chance whatsoever. Crackpot theory? It's 50-50 between the chances being incredibly low and the story reflecting that or the chances being so low that it means the outcome will most likely be the opposite.

In all seriousness, I think I've commented similarly before, I truly believe that with the competence and quality they've displayed thus far if the author chooses to go with a happy ending, they'll manage to make it make at least some sense without cheapening the whole thing.

honestly, the happiest ending I can imagine is Kaori getting the news she'll have like a couple years more to life than expected and we'd get a bittersweet "they get the time to really make to most of it together and then Kaori still dies at age 21 leaving no regrets" or something like it. A palliative care ending could happen, a miracle cure ending is in my opinion completely out of reach.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I feel like there's only one reasonable ending, which the author has been building towards from the very first chapter. It's going to hurt a lot, and it has to. With something like Kannazuki no Miko, fantasy was well-ingrained into the world where you thought they might escape their fate.

There's none of that here. Everything has always felt very final, like it was a foregone conclusion that Kaori will die, and that the story is about what can be done before it happens rather than whether it will or not. Very interesting storytelling.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 11:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.