Forum › Posts by lluNhpelA

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I like the detail that the humans all look like rabbit bear things while the "monsters" look like humans. I wonder how the monster actually look

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Isn't their love almost more beautiful because we know it might be fleeting? Almost like picking flowers with the knowledge that they will soon wither...

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Everyone's loving Ayaka but I get the feeling that in real life she would end up in jail pretty fast.

You can love Ayaka, but don't be like Ayaka ;)

This idea that your love will win through sheer willpower is very toxic, because 99% of the time the thing that prevents your love from happening is the other person, and whether their reasons for saying no are good or not is irrelevant.

Ayaka is forcing Hiroko and whether it's for the best or not is irrelevant too, she should just stop.

I love Ayaka, but I think my love for her comes from romanticizing something that really shouldn't be.

Yeah irl she should've taken the no as a no and moved on. This is one of those cases where I think people would see her behavior way differently if she was a man, y'know

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I mean this in the most positive way, but I immediately thought "this looks like the artist draws bl". I can only describe it as Suletta and Miorine not being exactly masculine but still being hot in the way that a bl artist would draw a pretty guy with piercings, y'know? Especially the detail on the teeth and the emphasis on the canines

It was just a really funny process of realization when it was revealed that Suletta had a dick and I thought "yeah, that makes sense" then the author said they draw omegaverse and it was the least surprising thing they could have said lol

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

People will really see a girl who due to growing up in a heteronormative environment doesn't realise there's really an option beyond having a boyfriend or not having a boyfriend and think to themselves wow what a bitch.

Like yeah she's not being a good friend or partner right now, and yes she is stringing him along but like Eri herself is saying "I'll fall fall in love eventually please just wait until then" like she genuinely believes this is it, that this is what she is meant to do and like yes that means she's a bad partner but no it does not mean she's being bad partner on purpose.

Also given that Fuyuki is coming out to Eri right now I'd expect the next couple chapters to be about Eri slowly unraveling as she comes to terms with what is actually possible and what choices she would make differently now that she knows.

100%. Fully agreed. It's hard to discuss, so I normally avoid it but it's always interesting seeing so much of what I'd describe as lacking empathy about issues I'd have thought people would be more sensitive to. But I agree, she seems to be unaware that her entire focus is locked to Fuyuki. Even her reason for trying with Kyou is "maybe this will keep Fuyuki with me now." Kyou clearly picks up on it (and is jealous), and Fuyuki, as well; but, Eri does not understand herself very well. She has a dependence on Fuyuki that she's likely rationalized as simply "best friend/saviour" dependence but might be more than that. This could be why a crossroads set by Fuyuki's getting a girlfriend might serve as a catalyst for a change, whether good or bad.

I think people are missing the aspect of dramatic irony, too; we know that Fuyuki has feelings for Eri and that Eri's actions are causing a lot of pain but, of course, Eri doesn't know that because Fuyuki is actively hiding it.

It's very common for people to get so caught up in a story (especially when a character is making them angry) that they stop understanding that the characters in a story don't have the same perspective as the audience. I'm sure opinions will change as we get more Eri pov, but I'm not surprised to see so much hate in the comments. At least it's a sign that a story is good when people get so emotionally invested, though

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

That really was... a final chapter.

Seriously though, this manga was enjoyable throughout its run so even a lukewarm ending is still a net positive and, really, any neutral-quality ending is better than one that's outright bad or the author just spinning their wheels forever with no progress. I'm happy with this

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 1:16PM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It may be mostly played for laughs, but I really love that the protagonists have a support network with the bar regulars

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Gwitch had me bracing so hard for a sudden and tragic ending

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

This is the kind of quality angst story that I am so here for. The first two chapters were good, but I love when the protagonist is also at least a little toxic instead of just being a victim wallowing in their own suffering.

The fact that Fuyuki isn't purely tunnel-visioned on Eri but is making moves to deal with her own suffering, however unhealthy and potentially detrimental to her other relationships it might be, has got me seriously looking forward to the rest of this story

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Being so physically affectionate and flirty then having an almost-confession in chapter 2 makes me think this won't be a slowburn. Considering that the story is called "A Love Yet To Bloom" it would make sense for the story to only last long enough for said love to bloom.

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I didn't actually expect their relationship to develop much further than it was- Majime being genki and excitedly declaring her love for Shimeji while Shimeji just doesn't reject those feelings, implying that she might feel the same way- but this turn of events is certainly appreciated

I loved GLT and I enjoyed the way that Chii and Yuu loved each other without that love being strictly defined or labeled because it fit the vibe of the story, but the idea that Shimeji and Majime will now likely end the story in a real romantic relationship makes me super happy.

That is, if nothing tragic happens, but even then I love bittersweet tragedies so I'd even be happy if one or both of them die as long as it's in each other's arms

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 7:40AM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Pretty sure this is the kind of setting where two women could have a biological child with no elaboration on how that works

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I'm really thinking that the doctors are letting her go outside because she's so close to death anyways. Like when a cancer patient is taken off of chemo because they'll die either way so they might as well suffer less in their final days

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

This has some real Tatsuki Fujimoto vibes for me. The sketchy style, the expressions (especially how it almost looks like the characters were photographed mid-syllable), and the bizarre premise all make me think that this author is at least a little influenced by Fujimoto's work

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

good god I'm in already in love. Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii solidified my love for toxic yuri and this one looks like it'll be another beautiful trainwreck and I can not wait

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

What happened to this one? The main page doesn't say it was licensed so was it axed or just dropped by the scan group?

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

That line about their bond breaking makes me think the last trial will require them to break up (maybe splitting the bond they've built will release a ton of energy like splitting an atom?) but Melissa will choose Tanya over the power

Then something like "refusing the power is the real way to earn it" or "the real power is the bond we made along the way"

last edited at Dec 10, 2022 7:55PM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

i thought this one would stay as subtext!! I really hope this becomes an explicitly confirmed romance!

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

In a case like this I don't think "taking sides" really makes sense as a reader. The vampires need human blood to survive so ofc they're going to take that blood by force if necessary because the alternative is just starving to death. On the other hand, humans don't usually like having their blood taken by force so they will try to stop the vampires.

We're meant to sympathize more with the vampires as this story focuses on them, but both sides are just fighting for their own survival so neither is really "in the wrong". You wouldn't call a lion evil for hunting a gazelle, but the gazelle might

Ideally, of course, the humans would donate blood to the vampires and everyone would live in harmony, but that seems unlikely; humans wouldn't be eager to offer charity to the "monsters" that have been hunting them and vampires wouldn't be happy about living on the charity (and thus, being functionally subservient to) the humans that were once their prey

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

"Do you hate me just like my mom does?"
"you won't even look at me... so what was I supposed to do? How do I go about getting people to..."

A bad relationship with her mother that has given her a desperate desire for connection and (probably) some disability that makes it hard to handle relationships and emotions, resulting in very few relationships as a child for her to learn how to manage her emotions. Now, she's experiencing intense and confusing feelings for a girl that never reciprocates and she has no outlet for it. The girl needs some serious therapy, but the fact that she could hide in her room for days with seemingly no one even checking on her, I doubt anyone would step in to help

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Why are people hating on this? It's been really good so far and has never tried to lie about what it is. This was never going to be a cute fluffy yuri with moe blobs blushing at each other and anyone that hates angsty stories can only blame themselves for reading a story with the angst tag lol

last edited at Sep 19, 2022 5:05AM

lluNhpelA
Make a Mark discussion 20 Aug 11:57
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

god i love toxic relationships in yuri manga

There are so many tooth-achingly sweet stories that I've basically been desensitized but I can always enjoy a well presented story about shitty people

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Wait, I don't get the joke about the human girl saying she had a third leg at one point too. Was there a chapter she magically grew a penis, or something, and I've just forgot about it?

I also forget, but knowing this series is seems pretty likely lmao

Nah, it was the chapter where she gives the mermaid girl legs. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_about_doing_xx_to_girls_from_different_species_ch22#2

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Kokeshi and Prez really just fucked off-screen, huh? With how much all the girls like her it'd be weird if Kokeshi wasn't getting it when we're not looking, but the confirmation is appreciated

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

it's kinda funny how the thing that freaks me out the most about this whole series is Hitomi-chans soulless vacancy of a face xD

Got a sweet new pfp out of it though

That's my favorite thing. I love characters that are just... there. Without adding anything. They are just present