Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Wowzers, that was an exposition-heavy chapter. I liked it, though. It’s interesting that Evie seems to have wound up in the “good” timeline, what with her mother not dying and father not going power-mad. I wonder what changed for her mother. Maybe it’s related to the villainess system?

Also, this chapter does seem to confirm that the isekai’d OL has been Evie for much longer than just her teenage years.

last edited at Mar 8, 2023 5:39PM

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

i have no idea where this plot thread is supposed to be going...

Boch
joined Aug 9, 2020

Ahhhh, I need some Evie Smollet with Elsa fluffy cuteness already!

Also, it looks like this time-warp stuff is gonna end with the "promise" that they've been teasing us with.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm curious about something. How exactly does Yvonne refer to her father in the original language for it to be rendered as "Lord Father" rather than just "Father"?

Incidentally, shouldn't she be calling her mother "Lady Mother" rather than "Lord Mother?"

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

You gotta go with the Prince so you can meet your future wife in the past!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Oooo Evie is gonna beg daddy to let her go so she can meet smol Elsa isn't she <3 we will finally see the promise!

joined Jul 29, 2022

DON'T TELL ME THAT NOW SHE GONNA RUNNING AFTER ELSA AND AFTER THEY WILL MAKE PROMISE

joined Mar 26, 2021

Wowzers, that was an exposition-heavy chapter. I liked it, though. It’s interesting that Evie seems to have wound up in the “good” timeline, what with her mother not dying and father not going power-mad. I wonder what changed for her mother. Maybe it’s related to the villainess system?

Wasn't the previous timeline manipulated by the future Elsa? Not sure this timeline is the "good" one anymore, Evie's mother might not be safe this time around... I feel like that's the implication in this chapter.

joined Mar 23, 2022

niceeeee looks like this arc of time travel will reveal the said "promise" elsa is talking about when they're kids I got a feeling this time travel will lead and result to that promise, hopefully they will reveal it on this arc.*v*. also I like how the story is starting to show now the male targets, starting with the prince, though I don't mind if the author decided not to focus and show the male targets.XD.I have no complains either way.<3

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Wasn't the previous timeline manipulated by the future Elsa? Not sure this timeline is the "good" one anymore, Evie's mother might not be safe this time around... I feel like that's the implication in this chapter.

Same, I get the feeling Evie is in for a very bad time in this new route... maybe not her mother's actual death since that might be a tad too dark, but definitely a bad, bad time.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh no, I was talking about the timeline Evie initially experienced being the good one, not the one she just got sent into (although I’m not entirely convinced that this one will be that much worse). Also, do we know how much of Evie’s life future Elsa was actually involved in? It seemed like she didn’t show up until relatively recently in the story.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I actually think the opposite. That re-doing it will let her fix every problem and let her have her happily ever after with Elsa

joined May 10, 2021

My words smoll Evie is cute as heck, I can't wait for her to meet smoll Elsa!
Also I still don't know where all of this is going, makes me a bit restless

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

i don't know it seems like most people have been enjoying this but from the moment the word time travel was mentioned to now i've just not been loving it.

it's really unfortunate my personal enjoyment of this series is taking such a sharp turn i really hope something changes for me or that the time travel segment doesn't take much longer and is entirely non consequential to the elsa we spent 60 chapters with.

last edited at Mar 9, 2023 1:23AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Same, I get the feeling Evie is in for a very bad time in this new route... maybe not her mother's actual death since that might be a tad too dark, but definitely a bad, bad time.

My question would be, what was the purpose of the change in timeline in the first place? Evie wasn't evil, not because her mother didn't die, but because she was isekai'd, so why did her mother not die in the first place (I don't mean in-story plot, I mean in the meta that I can't see the point of it story-wise)

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I like the fact that establishing the yuri relationship, allowing it to grow, and then finally blossom was deemed more important than the backstory of the setting.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My question would be, what was the purpose of the change in timeline in the first place? Evie wasn't evil, not because her mother didn't die, but because she was isekai'd, so why did her mother not die in the first place (I don't mean in-story plot, I mean in the meta that I can't see the point of it story-wise)

It's actually quite simple: at the end of the first time loop (which is the game's original storyline, as exposited by Evie in this chapter), Elsa attained the Rings of Time, went back in time, and created the second loop by manipulating events so that Evie's mom survived. Isekai!Evie has existed in this second loop until now, where her mom doesn't die, Evie doesn't grow evil, and Elsa falls head over heels for her. I suspect that Evie got isekai'd because of this original timeline manipulation in the first place, too.

However, the second loop has had unintended consequence of the infinite spawn glitch in the demon wolf ambush, resulting in Evie's death in Elsa's arms, so this loop's Elsa sought the Rings of Time, realized that she was in the second loop and tried something different by sending Evie back this time around. This way, the events of the second loop will happen as Isekai!Evie remembers them from her own experience, rather than from the game, and whatever she does in this arc to manipulate the timeline will create a third loop what will hopefully get her and Elsa past the demon wolf ambush event.

last edited at Mar 9, 2023 5:43AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The prince is actually rather cute.

Well, looks like next she's going to go with him to meet Elsa, then.

There is no "new route", seeing how everyone else already had memories of this loop - as repeatedly hinted by the mentions of Evie lacking memories of the events that should follow now.

It is however very likely that her mother's survival may also be a result of her traveling back to this point in time.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I'm curious about something. How exactly does Yvonne refer to her father in the original language for it to be rendered as "Lord Father" rather than just "Father"?

Incidentally, shouldn't she be calling her mother "Lady Mother" rather than "Lord Mother?"

It's the same as "-sama" in Japanese, to address someone in a respectful way.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It's actually quite simple: at the end of the first time loop (which is the game's original storyline, as exposited by Evie in this chapter), Elsa attained the Rings of Time, went back in time, and created the second loop by manipulating events so that Evie's mom survived. Isekai!Evie has existed in this second loop until now, where her mom doesn't die, Evie doesn't grow evil, and Elsa falls head over heels for her. I suspect that Evie got isekai'd because of this original timeline manipulation in the first place, too.

However, the second loop has had unintended consequence of the infinite spawn glitch in the demon wolf ambush, resulting in Evie's death in Elsa's arms, so this loop's Elsa sought the Rings of Time, realized that she was in the second loop and tried something different by sending Evie back this time around. This way, the events of the second loop will happen as Isekai!Evie remembers them from her own experience, rather than from the game, and whatever she does in this arc to manipulate the timeline will create a third loop what will hopefully get her and Elsa past the demon wolf ambush event.

You've big-brained this more than me, lol. I hadn't considered that this return is why her mother survived in the first place.

I do love that you prefaced this complex plot with "it's actually quite simple" though, lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I am not complaining, this is simply my opinion. In any case, I will refrain from being negative since everyone seems to enjoy the story as it is.

Since you're convinced of your viewpoint, if I may give a bit of criticism as to the type of comment you (and others) have been making, and the lack of useful discussion it creates.
No one is against negativity. You can dislike the story, but dislike something real. Critique the actual story chapter in front of you, then people can engage with you on the merits of your criticism and arguments, rather than just on what you think the finished product may or may not be at the conclusion of this plotline.

last edited at Mar 9, 2023 9:01AM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

It seems we were right to assume that this time travel would link her back up with Evie (and likely that forgotten first kiss), but with the introduction of her mother's plotline and this prince there's a lot more to this world that's opening up. I wondered where the series would go after the confession and this is showing a lot of control from the author. So much of this was mentioned or hinted at before and now is being further developed. Feels very planned and I'm interested to see what else is planned moving forward.

last edited at Mar 9, 2023 9:24AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I am not complaining, this is simply my opinion. In any case, I will refrain from being negative since everyone seems to enjoy the story as it is.

Since you're convinced of your viewpoint, if I may give a bit of criticism as to the type of comment you (and others) have been making, and the lack of useful discussion it creates.
No one is against negativity. You can dislike the story, but dislike something real. Critique the actual story chapter in front of you, then people can engage with you on the merits of your criticism and arguments, rather than just on what you think the finished product may or may not be at the conclusion of this plotline.

I think I'm seeing more comments complaining about negative comments than the actual negative comments. And I'm sorry but I just disagree with your point completely, people should be perfectly allowed to make negative comments, and they don't have to wait until the story finishes completely before doing so, and that's what your point basically boils down to if you think about it.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I might have speculated a bit too much. However I might even unfairly critique something if I simply focus on the actual chapter, right? I could say that I dislike the time traveling going far that back and having all that exposition thrown at us, for example (not that I do dislike it truly, it's just an example) and I might be completely ignoring what this could be possibly building up to.
I don't think I should be bringing too much negativity here if people enjoy the story. In general, without trying to focus too much on this particular comic it is my opinion that stories are made much more compelling by focusing on an ideological conflict, for example "the villainess can't be with the heroine" and building up arguments and counterarguments regarding that conflict. If that conflict is disregarded for high fantasy and time travel I do not enjoy the story as much, even a light hearted pull and push is more interesting for me personally to read, which is not to say it should be dragged to eternity either. In the end I do not know, whether this conflict is supposedly surmounted by now, whether it will be touched upon again later or whether another one will emerge. So maybe I'm wrong.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You've big-brained this more than me, lol. I hadn't considered that this return is why her mother survived in the first place.

I do love that you prefaced this complex plot with "it's actually quite simple" though, lol.

In my defense, it all sounded much simpler in my head when I started typing it out. >__>

To reply you must either login or sign up.