Forum › The Daughter of Evil and Miss Devil discussion

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I can get behind this take on isekai.

joined Aug 26, 2022

Intresting.

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

This looks really interesting. Especially since it’s about a bullied poor demon lord and a a rich “villainess” ojou sama. Our Mc immediately remembering her friend when she realized she has in fact, transmigrated and about to attend a magical school is a bit of a chaotic start but I see a lot of romance potential.

It’s also about school life so...more school cliche goodness to come I hope. I wonder if the main couple of the book will be slightly antagonistic or warmly become friends with our own main couple. Oh my god I can’t wait.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

holy hell bro! if YOU wanna her to act in YOUR WAY after she just got there not less that A FEW MIN ago, how about you take her place so you can act the way YOU wanna since her reaction to the situation ain’t on your taste………………..>.>

The thought of money temporarily, but dominated her mind relatively right after she got transmigrated. Minutes before the crack in the ground, she was making remarks about a book like a human being with good mental health. It seems like she had a good quality of life, had a good social life, and was looking forward to some things in her future. That was the demeanor I got from her.

In my opinion, the way the character was introduced is actually pretty good. The bantering between the friends was good to read. It's really the middle beats I have issues with. The ending of the chapter seems good.

You say 'your way', but I was more commenting on what I think would make sense for someone in her life and current situation. I don't think she would be that quick to jump on the money, for example. She doesn't come off as desperate for wealth (like she doesn't really mind if she fails some courses? She seems really laid back). Why would she be so invested in such a thing right out the gate? Who would she share the benefits with? Personally, I really appreciate when a story is consistent within itself.

She was also just chatting to a friend. That person would have been one of the last things on her mind when she fell. But no single thought after she woke up out of pure concern? At least before she started thinking about wealth? Before she found out that she was in for some bad luck as the Villainess? Are they friends or are they not friends? What is the narrator trying to tell me? Narrative choices like these are important.

Did her memories become more renegade, assuming they combined with another's? If so, narratively I think it would have been important to at least imply these types of things at the start.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't think your response is civil. My comment was very benign.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 10:52PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

I can get behind this take on isekai.

It is one of my favorite concepts. Found a few Harry Potter fanfiction that use it, but with time travel, and they are often a good read. And, it also side-steps the risk of... certain stuff from happening.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 10:56PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

holy hell bro! if YOU wanna her to act in YOUR WAY after she just got there not less that A FEW MIN ago, how about you take her place so you can act the way YOU wanna since her reaction to the situation ain’t on your taste………………..>.>

Actually... I could see it working if she used the characters she has read, and how they act, as a coping mechanism. She could be shell shocked, and doing stuff in a daze (her mind going all over the place, and making random remarks to distract herself). And it could have been the thought of the share utterly horrifying situation she has found herself in... that turns her back into her normal self.

Tho, if so, it would a bit rough around the edges, and a bit rushed. On the other hand... free reading experience :)

I'm not gonna go back on what I said, at least for other certain starting scenarios, but I don't think the stress of situation was accounted for by my comment, and your comment as well. There's is some leniency for 'taste', but there are fundamental ranges of ways humans react in different situations with different history backgrounds.

I think I'll read the next chapter with these possibilities.

Also, for the sake of saying it, there's a good chance I would react in a similar manner if I was truly shell shocked too.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 11:33PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Any recs ? The only double-transmigration I can think of are After School Re-Reincarnation (kind of a special case) and that one very NSFW doujin, but this trope sounds too wonderful to ignore the potential for more.

the person you replied to was probably talking about webnovels or lightnovels. Manhua/Manhwa with yuri double-transmigration are rare.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Any recs ? The only double-transmigration I can think of are After School Re-Reincarnation (kind of a special case) and that one very NSFW doujin, but this trope sounds too wonderful to ignore the potential for more.

the person you replied to was probably talking about webnovels or lightnovels. Manhua/Manhwa with yuri double-transmigration are rare.

You all are gonna laugh but the first thing that came to me when I read this bit above... was that horrible piece of utter crap Fushigi Yuugi.
It's kind of double-transmigration, or rather double isekai, and for a while it does look like it could be kinda yuri since Miaka cares so much about finding Yui... but then it turns into... gag, puke, barf.
The author herself wound up drawing Tamahome/Nuriko BL doujins because even she couldn't stand her female main characters.

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

Am I the only one who thought that the one girl's dad looked like Diluc (From Genshin) and the other girl looked like Seele (From Honkai)? Either way, I look forward to this one

joined Jul 29, 2022

Not too sure about this one. On one hand, would she have wanted to not be alone if she was transmigrated to a nice household? And, why isn't she concerned about her family, which should be the appropriate response either way? Why was she so happy about the money?

AKA, It seems like she has forgotten quite a few modern ethics, and important people in her life (like the crush she was just right next to a few minutes ago) all of a sudden. Is her head just messed up right now? If I was in such a position, my most immediate external worry would be about my friend that I was just suddenly seperated from.

The second person's transmigration scene was all good, tho.

If any one is interested, 'This Isekai Maid is Forming a Union!' has an interesting take on that sort of stuff.
Yes her head is messed what you expect from person who just materialize in another world that she will behave normaly ?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The summary of the original book has confused me somewhat, as I have gotten the impression that the main heroine (Caroline, Princess of Shadow) was the Demon Lord, because that art on page two suggests they are two sides of the same coin. But it seems that the Demon Lord is a separate being who comes out of nowhere (as we learn in this chapter, she is actually an upwardly-mobile member of the underclass, which obviously makes her a supervillain to Lloyd, a representative of the ruling class) and gets defeated by the "good guys", while the Villainess is yet another bad guy out of nowhere. In other words, both MCs got isekai'd as side characters, which will be interesting to observe.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

i kinda liked these characters' original designs better

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

So the first main protagonist is the villainess who is engaged to the light side hero,and the second main protagonist is the dark
side heroine who is supposed to end up with the light side hero.

And in the original tale,after displacing the villainess,they then combine and become one with the Force to take down the last of the Sith,the demon lord.

They're about to go head to head without even knowing its' each other(based off this first chapter),the first main protagonist knows the story whilst the other might not,and they'll only really crack the code once they find who they've become,in turn displacing the hero from their relationship and quite possibly revealing the true nature behind the unnatural methods used by the Sith.

All this needs now is a space battle and we've got a real banger for sure.

Oh,now that I see the description,the second protagnist is actually the last of the Sith,and the real bastard is the hero who dumps the villainess for some hillbilly girl.

THIS JUST GOT EVEN BETTER.

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 9:06AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ooo I already want more I can't wait for their first meeting together lol.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

It's gonna be pure cringe like 80% chinese manhua out there

I dunno about this one for sure, but here are a few of my recs for totally-not-cringe manhua that's already being translated rn

Reincarnation type - Long Awaited Feelings
Transmigration type - Perfect Heroine Wants to Possess Me

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So the first main protagonist is the villainess who is engaged to the light side hero,and the second main protagonist is the dark
side heroine who is supposed to end up with the light side hero.

The second part is not quite correct, I think. Xiao Lan, the villainess' best friend, got reincarnated as the Demon Lord, judging by her new body's dark hair, whom you are confusing "Caroline, Princess of Shadow" who has pink/light hair and who teams up with Lloyd in the original story to defeat the Demon Lord.

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 1:50PM

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

So the first main protagonist is the villainess who is engaged to the light side hero,and the second main protagonist is the dark side heroine who is supposed to end up with the light side hero.

The fuck you talking about? Are you daltonic or something?
Or did you only read the first two pages?

Xiao Lan, the villainess' best friend, got reincarnated as the Demon Lord, judging by her new body's dark hair, whom you are confusing "Caroline, Princess of Shadow" who has pink/light hair and who teams up with Lloyd in the original story to defeat the Demon Lord.

It's as clear as day. It's so glaringly obvious I can't figure how anyone can get it wrong. It's not just the hair that tells you Xiao Lan is not Caroline; it's the title, written in full text, that tells you this is villainess x demoness yuri.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Every time a manhua gets on the reader, sinophobes come post their blanket generalizations against Chinese stuff. Some get banned, more come. It gets so tiring.

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Every time a manhua gets on the reader, sinophobes come post their blanket generalizations against Chinese stuff. Some get banned, more come. It gets so tiring.

Well that's why I said "80%". I'm not completely against every chinese stuff but you can't deny that chinese comics are super cringe no matter what the genre is. Of course if you're a "consoomer" and will suck anything they put out, you do you.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

that opening narration section though.

"Like that's ever going to happen! What a load a crap!"

someBODY--

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 2:08PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Not too sure about this one. On one hand, would she have wanted to not be alone if she was transmigrated to a nice household? And, why isn't she concerned about her family, which should be the appropriate response either way? Why was she so happy about the money?

AKA, It seems like she has forgotten quite a few modern ethics, and important people in her life (like the crush she was just right next to a few minutes ago) all of a sudden. Is her head just messed up right now? If I was in such a position, my most immediate external worry would be about my friend that I was just suddenly seperated from.

The second person's transmigration scene was all good, tho.

If any one is interested, 'This Isekai Maid is Forming a Union!' has an interesting take on that sort of stuff.

While I don't entirely agree with some of your analysis, I did just finish bingeing This Isekai Maid, and I can second it being very good. So, thanks for that recomendation.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well that's why I said "80%". I'm not completely against every chinese stuff but you can't deny that chinese comics are super cringe no matter what the genre is. Of course if you're a "consoomer" and will suck anything they put out, you do you.

I'm fairly certain the ratio of "pure cringe" to non cringe is constant across cultures and countries. The fact that you felt the need to specifically call out Chinese works and the readers says more about you than about those works.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

@needagirl if you want to be taken serious, don't reference memes like "consoomer".

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This seems like a fun start! I hope we get more soon ^^

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Huh huh. The villainess not knowing any magic wasn't what I expected, but it certainly makes things more interesting.

They already met, oh please let them recognize each other immediately.

To reply you must either login or sign up.