Forum › The plain girl sitting next to me discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

As usual, there's nothing like a rival to really make you notice what you want. Worse in her case, the other girl was there long before her. I guess they need to learn to share...

I love a good game of tug of war, though.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I think kawase is aware that ichika's feelings but somehow she thinks she doesn't deserve her(?)

joined Sep 9, 2016

Did the same chapter get double-posted?

Chapters 8 and 9 are the same.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Fixed. Thank you and sorry about that. Chapter 8 was the incorrect one.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Kawase did deserve the head-butt, ngl

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The ere of Jimiko Yuri has arrived.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Well at least shes self aware innit

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, how wrong you are...

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

she's not wrong, realistically I'd say naw chase someone nicer

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Jimiko?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Jimiko?

Jimi ko-racked corn and I don't care

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Why are they talking about her as if she weren't three feet away

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It's funny to see the reactions to this story and to compare it to others in similar scenarios. Typically, when you have a character who's like "I can't choose" and the one going after her says "I don't mind if I date only you while you date multiple people", the reaction gears towards yay, harem.

But when the one going after actually doesn't want to be treated as one out of many, the reaction is the one she loves is a player, it's awful, she should go after someone better. The contrast between the two, and pushing "guilt" on the target of affection even though she is behaving in the same way in both examples, is strange. (I guess it helps that in the first scenario the protagonist is the target, in the second the protagonist is the one who fell in love).

Either way, I rather like this story. In addition to the bait-and-switch at the start, this is actually a pretty interesting take on two people with different views on love. They naturally wouldn't have a good chemistry, but are interested enough in each other to consider their options despite those being away from their comfort zone.

joined Mar 19, 2020

It's funny to see the reactions to this story and to compare it to others in similar scenarios. Typically, when you have a character who's like "I can't choose" and the one going after her says "I don't mind if I date only you while you date multiple people", the reaction gears towards yay, harem.

But when the one going after actually doesn't want to be treated as one out of many, the reaction is the one she loves is a player, it's awful, she should go after someone better. The contrast between the two, and pushing "guilt" on the target of affection even though she is behaving in the same way in both examples, is strange. (I guess it helps that in the first scenario the protagonist is the target, in the second the protagonist is the one who fell in love).

Either way, I rather like this story. In addition to the bait-and-switch at the start, this is actually a pretty interesting take on two people with different views on love. They naturally wouldn't have a good chemistry, but are interested enough in each other to consider their options despite those being away from their comfort zone.

I wouldn’t really put kawase in the “I can’t choose” section nor would I really agree that they’ve shown different views on love. I don’t think we know enough from kawase’s side beyond the fact that she has a physical relationship with the other girl and that she thinks she’s undeserving of the protagonists love/affection

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

I wouldn’t really put kawase in the “I can’t choose” section nor would I really agree that they’ve shown different views on love. I don’t think we know enough from kawase’s side beyond the fact that she has a physical relationship with the other girl and that she thinks she’s undeserving of the protagonists love/affection

I agree completely. We don't know enough about Kawase. The way the scenes are framed and characters reactions should also be taken into account. Those harem manga frame interactions in a way that communicates to the audience that the love is mutual and healthy. This manga hasn't had that same framing for these scenes. It implies that there is something else at play. Especially considering that Kawase was fine with sleeping with them both in the classroom but in that same scene expressed doubt that she could ever be truly loved, it seems she views the physical relationships differently from romantic ones. Beyond that she hasn't said whether she believes in having multiple romantic partners at once, just non romantic sex partners.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 3:56PM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This series fascinates me. It seemed like a light jokey kind of thing at first, but there's way more going on under the surface, and I'm really curious what kind of story the Mangaka wants to tell by the end.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

The girl reading this

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

It’s the Senpai isn’t it? At least short-haired girl thinks it’s the Senpai.
Also, I hope the Senpai is a really nice person so Ichika can have a friend.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

yeah the introduction of the senpai really clinches it: kawase is only making out with that other girl because the other girl needs an outlet and kawase gave up

joined Apr 16, 2022

Interesting theory. I just assumed Senpai was introduced to give Shiori (the short-haired girl) a consolation prize after she inevitably loses Kawase.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Interesting theory. I just assumed Senpai was introduced to give Shiori (the short-haired girl) a consolation prize after she inevitably loses Kawase.

I'm going all in on Ichika x senpai

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

yeah the introduction of the senpai really clinches it: kawase is only making out with that other girl because the other girl needs an outlet and kawase gave up

Huh. My running theory is that the sempi likes to play around and is the reason Kawase has a such a low opinion of herself.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Tbh as of rn i dont particularily like the idea of ichika ending up with kawase. Im guessing thats where this is ultimately going, but rn kawase just seems somewhat selfish.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Kawase is a twat and Ichika should hook up with that cute senpai from ch 10, who’s probably the person Kawase likes (according to Shiori).

To reply you must either login or sign up.