Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

joined May 7, 2020

Wow holy shit I did not expect that from these past 2 chapters. It was so mellow relationship-wise in earlier chapters that I did not expect this much honest to god drama in such a short timeframe. Guess it had to happen eventually ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Reading this I get the sense that Ohsawa-sensei had no intention for it going on as long as it did and was essentially just making it up past a certain point, but I really don't care. The characters are fun, it's about working (semi-)adults, I love the art, and I am reveling in the messiness of it all. Just don't forget Louko! Louko is life.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Where are the lesbians in this manga. Since the beginning all the women we encounter were or are in a heterosexual relationship. Or is this another manga where we follow two women living together and the two of them will develop feelings for each other but not enough to become a couple... Whatever I'm dropping this sh*t

Uh, have you not heard of bisexuality?

joined Sep 24, 2022

Where are the lesbians in this manga. Since the beginning all the women we encounter were or are in a heterosexual relationship. Or is this another manga where we follow two women living together and the two of them will develop feelings for each other but not enough to become a couple... Whatever I'm dropping this sh*t

Uh, have you not heard of bisexuality?

Or even that a lot of lesbians aren’t gold stars. That probably goes doubly in a society with strong pressures to conform where being gay, especially openly, is far less accepted.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

These past couple of chapters have been very eventful. Kinda stopped expecting real progress in recent mangas, after reading all these Twitter based manga, ngl.

Kaede's past about not giving time to relationships and drowning herself in work really hits home. I've f'd up a lot of things because of similar behaviour.
And it's funny because I used to think there's no way people ever become so busy that they can't get some time out of the 24 available hours in a day.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but this is such an absurd theory that I laughed out loud :P It's way more believable she is "gentle and distant" because she really doesn't give a shit about any of those people except for Nanami, and probably glared at them for being "bums that sleep until noon".

37-38 chapter 1

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 12:22AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but this is such an absurd theory that I laughed out loud :P It's way more believable she is "gentle and distant" because she really doesn't give a shit about any of those people except for Nanami, and probably glared at them for being "bums that sleep until noon".

[screenshots]

37-38 chapter 1

... I mean, sorry but what do these screens are supposed to prove? Yeah that's no surprise that Maho knows about Kaede (since apparently Nanami blabbed about her to her ex-boyfriend all the time), the absurd part that I was replying to here is that Maho is now supposed to be Kaede's "stalker fan" and tries to date Nanami just so Kaede can focus on her manga :P There is absolutely no basis for any of this, and there is a way more straightforward explanation.

If you're reffering to what you said earlier (Maho telling Nanami's boyfriend about her being lesbian) I would agree this one is possible, it's just unproven.

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 3:46AM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

... I mean, sorry but what do these screens are supposed to prove? Yeah that's no surprise that Maho knows about Kaede (since apparently Nanami blabbed about her to her ex-boyfriend all the time), the absurd part that I was replying to here is that Maho is now supposed to be Kaede's "stalker fan" and tries to date Nanami just so Kaede can focus on her manga :P There is absolutely no basis for any of this, and there is a way more straightforward explanation.

If you're reffering to what you said earlier (Maho telling Nanami's boyfriend about her being lesbian) I would agree this one is possible, it's just unproven.

Some have been headcanning/assuming a lot of negative stuff about Maho that hasn't been hinted at or shown yet. Not really sure why. There's enough sudden drama as it is. Shes not really done anything besides show up. Even her hearing info about Nanami and her roommate situation isn't shown and that particular event could have happened during a normal gossiping conversation at the college that then led Maho to reach out to Nanami again after seeing a potential opportunity to reconnect and confess.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Dun like this.

joined May 1, 2013

I don't understand where are all this haters coming from LOL like, I'm reading this like "oh wow, I see" and "ooh that's cute" but then they come like I RATHER JUMP OFF A CLIFF THAN READING ONE MORE CH OF THIS TORTURE! omg lol did I skip a murder scene? is one of them secretly in a cult in some bonus chapter I skipped?

Isn't every forum like this? I've never liked something on dynasty and people WEREN'T being hostile and negative some in the comments. Might just say something about the kinds of stories I like, dunno.

Anyway, I honestly don't know why anyone would comment anything except about how the best character, Louko, just keeps on being the Queen of Best Characters.

Hello
joined Feb 7, 2013

10 year crush frome MIDDLESCHOOL????? JEEZ GIRL GET SOME THERAPY AND MOVE ON! And I thought I had some attachement issues dayum.

Also hello angst please leave let them be happy... let me be happy...

Louko is the light in this chapter what a woman

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I don't understand where are all this haters coming from LOL like, I'm reading this like "oh wow, I see" and "ooh that's cute" but then they come like I RATHER JUMP OFF A CLIFF THAN READING ONE MORE CH OF THIS TORTURE! omg lol did I skip a murder scene? is one of them secretly in a cult in some bonus chapter I skipped?

Isn't every forum like this? I've never liked something on dynasty and people WEREN'T being hostile and negative some in the comments. Might just say something about the kinds of stories I like, dunno.

Anyway, I honestly don't know why anyone would comment anything except about how the best character, Louko, just keeps on being the Queen of Best Characters.

nah it's just forums everywhere. always gotta have hostility and rage :P

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Oof the angst is strong with this one.

joined Feb 17, 2018

It's rough reading a slow burn when you don't want the main couple to get together lol

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

please no ntr....

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Kundara posted:

It's rough reading a slow burn when you don't want the main couple to get together lol

What's wrong with Nanami x Kaede? I think they'd make a cute pair...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

nah it's just forums everywhere. always gotta have hostility and rage :P

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I see it as just a symptom of episodic stories like this. Everywhere I read chapters or episodes of things on the internet, the forums can't just discuss what is happening, they need to weigh in on every little plot point and whether the writer was right or wrong to do it, whether they are cliches, and whether the writer even knows what they're doing. It's baffling, just enjoy the story and trust the writer will get to the end in their own way and their own time. If you don't like the writer, don't read their work.

At least Dynasty has the civility to stay away from screaming "die" every time there's a character introduced who ruins things. Those comments really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

joined May 10, 2021

I really thought Mahiro wasn't as bad as she first appeared to be when she decided to move out... But nevermind that, she's still the sly fox trying to get Nanami at every occasions she's got. Even though it's been years since it was one-sided. Even if it'll remain one-sided..

joined May 7, 2020

10 year crush frome MIDDLESCHOOL????? JEEZ GIRL GET SOME THERAPY AND MOVE ON!

Seriously! I feel like no one in yuri manga ever moves on it’s crazy

joined Dec 5, 2019

I'm loving this manga, seriously, thanks tl team.

And btw, Find Louko a girlfriend is my biggest desire right now

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I see it as just a symptom of episodic stories like this. Everywhere I read chapters or episodes of things on the internet, the forums can't just discuss what is happening, they need to weigh in on every little plot point and whether the writer was right or wrong to do it, whether they are cliches, and whether the writer even knows what they're doing. It's baffling, just enjoy the story and trust the writer will get to the end in their own way and their own time. If you don't like the writer, don't read their work.

What's the point of even having forums if not to discuss the manga? I don't see why shouldn't it include discussions about the writing. I enjoy the story but I can't pretend that it isn't a little clunky and abrupt.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

What's the point of even having forums if not to discuss the manga? I don't see why shouldn't it include discussions about the writing. I enjoy the story but I can't pretend that it isn't a little clunky and abrupt.

Way to misinterpret what I said, haha.

But, Is it actually clunky and abrupt, or does it just seem so to you because it's episodic? All I mean was, People tend to overreact to every new plot element that turns up in stories, and get mad at the writer for daring to actually try to make a story dramatic. I assume you don't mean that. I didn't say you can't discuss the writing, I'm getting at the fact that people are overly critical because they can only see one episode at a time and don't trust the writer to do what they get paid to do.

last edited at Jan 14, 2023 6:16AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And it was going so well...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Louko is the real MVP of this manga so far, despite her idiosyncrasies. Taking on an exhausted colleague's portion of the crunch without expecting anything in return is real working class solidarity.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Louko best girl

To reply you must either login or sign up.