Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

I read ahead and am not really seeing the problem? It seems like your usual messy lesbian drama (more accurate compared to usual yuri drama tropes), like just one quarter of it came outta left field sure... but nothing too unforgivable?? There might be a TL/context discrepancy in the later chapters but I was under the impression Nanami was bi as well, so while the Aoi stuff is messy, it isn't the sum total. God forbid someone be messy.

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 6:49PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Yeah actually the following 4 chapters are all operating off the same moving parts that have been ticking throughout save for Koga, who partially aligns with Nanami being attractive to lesbian/bi people and getting detected on gaydar megahard (by everyone but Kaede) already. I wont ever like this manga more than Hello Melancholic, bc that ones a masterpiece (also a later work), but Yayoi has something good here imo.

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 6:54PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

spoilers for 14-18 Like, per the Kaede angst, her being burnt on love before makes perfect sense considering we know much the same of Nanami like, out the gate. Her breakup was the first chapter, as well as the confirmation she had been in another (likely) unsuccessful relationship with a woman before. You could conject, "just get married like normal" as a response to that burn, possibly, that remains to be seen, but she's already have some foil to Kaede. And throughout, Kaede's aspirations as a mangaka have always been her priority so it's no surprise she would think herself romantically unavailable, despite relying so heavily on Nanami emotionally. Currently, that is still attached to the aspiration, whereas Nanami has been able to detach it and see it for what it is, love. When that dream is on the cusp of fruition, and Nanami's sorrow is a palpable hurricane at the prospect of moving out, we will see Kaede follow suit. I trust this one to pan out, I really don't think it's that grim.

and besides if you're able to let whispering you a love song's melodrama slide, this is not a big deal, and far less on the "melo-" end.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

As someone who's read ahead elsewhere, I personally recommend abandoning ship at this point unless you like shitty forced drama, really creepy love triangles, and the worst aaaaaaanggsttt

speaking for yourself please! I personally hate thous kind of stories, BUT NOT THIS ONE! your exagerating way to much with the angast as if there is something REALLY angasty about this story lool ain’t one for sure!, also the creepy love triangles? really? what I saw thous chapters on manga dex there ain’t that bad given this is how the author will use thous other confessions to progress the story, plus there are way more shity love triangles on this website, so stop exagerating and telling people to drop the story for that werid reason

Yes! I second that! I cannot stand pointless drama and forced love triangles and all that garbage but this story has never once given me that vibe. I’m really enjoying this story and all of this authors works tbh.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Was this posted here before? I could have sworn I saw something like this already, set up the exact same way. Ex-roomate left pot or other appliance at old house, one of the mcs becomes friends with someone. Ex-roomate is called to pick it up, and then they call when they get there, and it's the new friend the mc made. Was there another manga that used this exact same setup?

i feel this too.. cant put my finger on it tho.. god this is going to bug me lol

Could be that I read this chapter on another site previously but I’m not sure

Did you ignore the answer to this that was made 3 hours before you asked?

Reading on mangadex and after chapter 14, I am really not a fan of Aoi.

Here's the thing, I've never read any yuri doujin series outside of dynasty. The only things I've read are Manhwa and one-shots. Even with the way this arc ended with Aoi being engaged seems like deja vu. I'll never know where I've seen this before, and maybe I never will.

Edit: Actually, I think I remember hearing this story wasn't gonna finish being translated here, so maybe I decided to just go elsewhere. This is gonna bother me for a long time

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 8:49PM

joined May 10, 2021

This feels really stupid for some reason...
Knowing it'll end well I'm still gonna read it through the end, but it's kinda bleh.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, yes. Just normal.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Blimey, the TL nailed it with feign book. The black haired gal seems to panic more with each meeting.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

ALERT! STALKER DETECTED! ALERT!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nanami has the cutest dog. :nods:

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So why would you call your breasts "onii-chan"?
. . . That's not it? But she said--

joined May 1, 2013

Aoi really is a completely unnecessary character; I kind of suspect that originally it was Louko who plays this role in the plot, but then the author or an editor decided they wanted an additional "type" of lady character so they cut Louko's story short and inserted this random person.

Which sucks because Louko is the absolute best and Aoi is very dull.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Aoi really is a completely unnecessary character; I kind of suspect that originally it was Louko who plays this role in the plot, but then the author or an editor decided they wanted an additional "type" of lady character so they cut Louko's story short and inserted this random person.

Then why would u want Louko to do the same things Aoi did. That would've ruined her character for me. That's why I'm glad it was Aoi who did what she did

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Was this posted here before? I could have sworn I saw something like this already, set up the exact same way. Ex-roomate left pot or other appliance at old house, one of the mcs becomes friends with someone. Ex-roomate is called to pick it up, and then they call when they get there, and it's the new friend the mc made. Was there another manga that used this exact same setup?

i feel this too.. cant put my finger on it tho.. god this is going to bug me lol

Here's the thing, I've never read any yuri doujin series outside of dynasty. The only things I've read are Manhwa and one-shots. Even with the way this arc ended with Aoi being engaged seems like deja vu. I'll never know where I've seen this before, and maybe I never will.

Edit: Actually, I think I remember hearing this story wasn't gonna finish being translated here, so maybe I decided to just go elsewhere. This is gonna bother me for a long time

It's kind of a trope. Was it this one?:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/what_is_love#2

Side note, it didn't seem to be a joke that Aoi had 17 partners. Is it that surprising that one was a primary?

And even not clicking the spoiler tags I feel like I've managed to spoil the entire structure/thrust of the back half of the manga by reading the comments, just a reminder to spoil your spoilers for people who haven't read this yet. Even if you're just here to complain. I'm gonna stay out of these comments tho from now on just in case

last edited at Jan 7, 2023 2:45AM

joined Nov 29, 2020

I think you maybe did read it on dynasty unless my mind is playing games with my memory.. which is also quite possible. I don't really follow this series because at first I find it kinda boring.. but time to time I would check on it if it shows up on the front page when I access dynasty. So basically, I don't read all of it, I just read whatever ch shows up. I remember very clearly one day I try to read the ch that shows up like usual and getting very confused about who Aoi is and why is she the one with Nanami, not Kaede, which made me end up checking some previous ch to figure out what did I miss.

Just like you I also only read on dynasty and use other sites for manhwa. But for quite a long time I start only read on dynasty because my country block other sites. I don't really mind since I can read manhwa update through scanlators in fb. The only one I read outside dynasty are Yuri is My Job and Kobayashi-san's series.. which I rarely do. If I read 2dk series on other sites, it doesn't explain my memory about getting confused of Aoi because only on dynasty I read any chapter randomly that shows on the front page. I always run to filter the genre or search the name of the series when I use other sites.

last edited at Jan 7, 2023 9:34AM

joined May 1, 2013

Then why would u want Louko to do the same things Aoi did. That would've ruined her character for me. That's why I'm glad it was Aoi who did what she did

She wouldn't do it the same way. The important plot thing here is that Nanami encounters someone who makes a move on her in a blatantly, undeniably gay fashion and she's into it but can't commit, and so she realizes she loves Kaede. Louko would do it with more smarminess and less getting engaged.

The author does seem to really like Louko, though, so maybe it was also to spare her any potential blowback for being an obstacle to the Main Couple.

last edited at Jan 7, 2023 4:08PM

joined Jan 6, 2023

And they were roommates

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I do agree it was a shame we haven’t had many scenes involving Louko recently. Especially since it was revealed she has a crush it’d be at least interesting to see how it’s goïng for her.

joined Jan 6, 2023

Wow mga accla

9c22079b5cf7eec50059a2cf68a7cf53--hiyoko-small-animals
joined May 25, 2017

what in the goddamn double simultaneous confession

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

The AUDACITY for Ohsawa to end it there!

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 11:44PM

joined May 10, 2021

Bruh what the fuck is wrong with those trash human beings Nanami encounters..

last edited at Jan 11, 2023 12:49AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Attacked on both sides.

Official%20profile%20pic
joined Jan 19, 2019

"What is this some kinda manga?" is my new favourite "B-b-but we're both girls!"

Official%20profile%20pic
joined Jan 19, 2019

"What is this, some kinda manga!?" is my new favourite "B-b-but we're both girls!"

last edited at Jan 11, 2023 6:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.