Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Aug 8, 2020

Looks like the pages of 262 got uploaded out of order?

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

AvyJae posted:

Looks like the pages of 262 got uploaded out of order?

Fixed it

joined Jul 4, 2022

What a fun pairing this will be.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Imma be honest, I barely understood their conversation, but I guess some progress has been made?

joined May 20, 2013

Mistaken use of complement is not a compliment.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Imma be honest, I barely understood their conversation, but I guess some progress has been made?

Lol same… also when Kaoru says to Shizuka “I don’t know what to say” and Shizuka says “you’ve already said it” was Kaoru talking about Shizuka’s hair? And then Kaoru says “for sentimentality you’ll have to wait a bit longer”…. Wait for what?

joined Mar 19, 2020

Lol same… also when Kaoru says to Shizuka “I don’t know what to say” and Shizuka says “you’ve already said it” was Kaoru talking about Shizuka’s hair? And then Kaoru says “for sentimentality you’ll have to wait a bit longer”…. Wait for what?

Yeah lol I was totally confused

joined Jan 11, 2014

Can someone do a dummy explain to me about what happened + the subtext of Kaoru and Mask’s conversation? I found it difficult to follow.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I will never accept Mask x Kaoru; it's forced. And since they know that demon's true name they should banish her for 1000 years and one day. Get thine countenance behind me, witch.

last edited at Jan 4, 2023 11:25AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

The dialogue lost me...but I like the art!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Kaoru will never NOT come off creepy to me. She's just bad news all over and I wouldn't want her anywhere close to me.

last edited at Jan 4, 2023 11:54AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

The immaculate posted:

Yeah lol I was totally confused

For how I saw it, what Shizuka meant is that Kaoru always said she liked her long hair, which means that she already knows how Kaoru feels about her haircut. For Kaoru's sentimantality, I think she means she will need some time to say a more honest (with herself) comment.
It is very obscure in japanese as well, we are trying to fix it too.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Kaoru will never NOT come off creepy to me. She's just bad news all over and I wouldn't want her anywhere close to me.

It's going to be double counting with mg1342mg ? your nightmare is going to come true because the author of the manga has absolutely not the same objectives as you concerning kaoru and mask...You behave like a nuisance on the forum...The author decides what will happen and your opinion is of no importance.
This chapter is very melancholic and subtle but yes when kaoru asks mask if her emotions are changing towards her, mask seems to tell her yes, but that she goes through subtle messages to do it ....

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Those two have elliptical conversations. I'm not convinced they themselves are supposed to know quite what they're implying.

joined Mar 28, 2021

My favourites by far: Honoka (beautiful dork), Onibi (living the life in her own world, hidden splendour), Mask (tortured soul) and Kaoru (who is seemingly growing up). I ship Mask and Kaoru because imo they have by far the most complex interactions. Very curious about what the author has in store for these two.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Those two have elliptical conversations. I'm not convinced they themselves are supposed to know quite what they're implying.

I think it's clear after some breakdown and not as opaque as it appears. Mayoi dodges Kaoru's compliments all the time because most are insincere, but she is saying she will make an effort to not play off the sincere comments because Kaoru doesn't give sincere comments lightly. Which Mayoi knew from the start and says it was rude of her to ignore Kaoru's sincerity. Well, for the second half of the convo, anyway.

The first half seems to be Mayoi pressuring Kaoru to go back to class because of the haircut, which Mayoi appears to be in favor of generally but knows it has something to do with Kaoru? Like, she tries to imply Kaoru should go back, then cuts her off when Kaoru isn't getting it/tries to flirt and said she was talking about the haircut all along. So maybe she is also trying to see how Kaoru feels about the situation without directly asking. And maybe thinks the haircut meant Shizuka was cutting Kaoru out of her life and is worried about Kaoru? The whole setup to the scene seems to be that she saw the haircut, then saw Kaoru sitting in the library and rushes over because she thinks Kaoru is distressed due to Shizuka's haircut (or breakup). Which Kaoru is distressed, even if she isn't admitting it. Then Mayoi is nice to Kaoru, which makes Kaoru's day and gets her out of that funk and she then proceeds to fall on her face

The referents are unclear all over, which sounds like it was like that in the original

last edited at Jan 4, 2023 4:13PM

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Still hoping Kaoru meets Truck-kun some day. Thoroughly unlikable no matter how many silly faces she pulls.

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

did i miss something it feels like mask totally changed how she regards kaoru out of no where

Transcendent Egg
Home
joined Sep 27, 2018

Should Chapter 262 page 17 panel 3: "complements" be instead "compliments"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sweetjalapeno15 posted:

did i miss something it feels like mask totally changed how she regards kaoru out of no where

They've been interacting quite a lot actually, this is pretty normal, but they just had a late start compared to most ships here... At least they're way closer than Onibi and Nao who are barely at the start line T-T

joined Oct 19, 2022

It's going to be double counting with mg1342mg ? your nightmare is going to come true because the author of the manga has absolutely not the same objectives as you concerning kaoru and mask...You behave like a nuisance on the forum...The author decides what will happen and your opinion is of no importance.

Who the fuck is this retard? Two commenters express their opinion on a character in the manga, he throws a hissy fit and launches a personal attack against them—and spouts all these kindergarten-level insults at them.

And I'm not 100% sure but I think this same user had done it before. I'm almost certain it's not the first time he goes on a war of personal attacks against other users, always because of a character he's obsessed with.

Is there an admin somewhere around? We could use some moderating here.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Mask and Karou have an interesting dynamic, and I think Karou's character is progressing in a mostly forward direction. Maybe a bit slowly and she has a lot of personal growth to achieve yet, but she'll get there eventually I hope.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Kaoru is probably polyamorous but favors one partner that's a bit more serious. But, she's not good at expressing it clearly which is fair coz usually teenagers aren't good at explaining this. Well, she actually did try to tell Shizuka when they were together if I remember it right though she didn't explicitly say she was polyamorous. Since they're still teenagers, Shizuka couldn't process the fact that she felt special but Kaoru wouldn't commit to her solely.

I think Kaoru also didn't expect how difficult it would be for her favored partner to cut ties with her. So her initial reactions were quite retaliatory (the pool and such) and leaning towards toxic manipulation. I think at this stage she thought Shizuka would still choose her as her partner (with Mio in her poly circle).

I think Kaoru's toxic emotional behaviors stopped when she meets Mask though coz she felt something a bit different. She's still polyamorous but I feel like she became a bit more empathetic. She always rejected Shizuka after this and reminded her that Mio was waiting for her. She still has an issue with boundaries though coz those indirect mask kisses threw me off (mostly because of Covid but still)..

So, I feel like part of their conversation is Kaoru reaffirming that they're no longer hovering in each other's circle but it feels final this time so she's just being a bit sentimental about it.

I had trouble following the conversation with Mask though. I can kind of grasp that Mask is sort of worried but there wasn't much emphasis on it so I do feel like it could also be seen as her checking Kaoru's reaction. I like their dynamic though so bring on the cryptic convos.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, it doesn't help that Mask has a very peculiar way of speaking, reminiscent of very old Asian literature and characters

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well, it doesn't help that Mask has a very peculiar way of speaking, reminiscent of very old Asian literature and characters

Along those lines I was thinking she speaks in kind of a "classic literature" fashion. I didn't have too much of an issue following it, I think because I like some artsy and old things, along with Theater haha

To reply you must either login or sign up.