Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

joined Apr 17, 2017

I'm surprised this one hasn't been licensed in the U.S. by now––I mean, it's been going for a while without one, even though it seems like a shoe-in. But I thought for sure Can't Defy the Lonely Girl would have had an English-language release as well, and it hasn't got one. I feel like between Vampeerz, Catch These Hands, and Run Away With Me, Girl getting published in English, and these more cute, straight-down-the-middle titles not getting published, I can't predict what'll be translated and what won't.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm surprised this one hasn't been licensed in the U.S. by now––I mean, it's been going for a while without one, even though it seems like a shoe-in. But I thought for sure Can't Defy the Lonely Girl would have had an English-language release as well, and it hasn't got one. I feel like between Vampeerz, Catch These Hands, and Run Away With Me, Girl getting published in English, and these more cute, straight-down-the-middle titles not getting published, I can't predict what'll be translated and what won't.

this hit me where I live, I can't believe lonely girl never got published, both deserve it

I almost dropped reading this one. The twins and Uda are super annoying to the point that I cannot deal with the plot, Sure those three do serve the purpose of moving the plot, like a little push. But I am sure they do not need to act so annoying. I think as the readers are more likely to be 10 years old than 21, it has this shoujo manga vibe, it would not matter much if the MCs are a hetero couple. I'll give it a go again, after reading the matching ring chapter. If there is one thing that I hate in many Yuri plot, then it will be Cultural Festival. 3 chapters are too much for me.

damn why you talking like you got a good point?

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 11:18AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

this hit me where I live, I can't believe lonely girl never got published, both deserve it

I’ve been filling out the survey at Seven Seas since I really want this and It’s a Detached Relationship. I also bought the hard copies off Kinokuniya US to boost sales. It’s in Japanese but more motivation to learn.

Maybe take to social media and bombard them with content of stuff we want published.

I almost dropped reading this one. The twins and Uda are super annoying to the point that I cannot deal with the plot, Sure those three do serve the purpose of moving the plot, like a little push. But I am sure they do not need to act so annoying. I think as the readers are more likely to be 10 years old than 21, it has this shoujo manga vibe, it would not matter much if the MCs are a hetero couple. I'll give it a go again, after reading the matching ring chapter. If there is one thing that I hate in many Yuri plot, then it will be Cultural Festival. 3 chapters are too much for me.

damn why you talking like you got a good point?

I found Uda to be aggressive in that ribbon chapter but once I heard her explanation, it made sense. She demonstrates maturity most of the time.

The twins are just being little kids who were used to sharing their sister only with her studies so I get their motivation.

That anxiety though… oof. It was little but it made me think there might be some sort of dark cloud that will be looming. Can only hope it’ll only be one chapter like last time.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

That anxiety though… oof. It was little but it made me think there might be some sort of dark cloud that will be looming. Can only hope it’ll only be one chapter like last time.

Yeah, I'm worried about this too. I figured after last chapter that the series would get all its angst going forward from the Uda×Riri×Prez×Nurse polygon, but it looks like the main couple might still have more angst in store. Here's hoping it isn't a jealousy arc with the girl in the crowd last chapter.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yeah, I'm worried about this too. I figured after last chapter that the series would get all its angst going forward from the Uda×Riri×Prez×Nurse polygon, but it looks like the main couple might still have more angst in store. Here's hoping it isn't a jealousy arc with the girl in the crowd last chapter.

Same. Way too early for college acceptance drama. But maybe not so much jealousy of a third party but interactions with different people can ensure insecurities to come about.

Someone brought up the idea that maybe they'll meet new characters that they'll help and those interactions will create the drama that'll strengthen their relationship. They have very different personalities, inexperienced in the ways of love and dealing with such powerful emotions, so outside forces/situations can easily come through to rock the boat. Though they've had pretty good communication so far so who knows. I trust the author though.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So, no one thinks Ill Girl is about to die? Anything shy of that is okay, given that's in the realm of possibility here.

joined Mar 8, 2019

So, no one thinks Ill Girl is about to die? Anything shy of that is okay, given that's in the realm of possibility here.

It's possible but, maybe mostly optimism on my end, the overall mood of the manga has been uplifting and relatively light. The heaviest drama we've encountered were Mashiro finding out how they first met, the Love polygon with UdaXRiriXPresXNurse, and that (adorable) "fight" about the beach. Nagisa seems to know the severity of Mashiro's condition/her actual diagnosis since her hesitation about the beach was about not knowing what to do for Mashiro, not because she believes Mashiro's illness is fatal and could worsen due to the trip.

Besides, Mashiro's fear is losing Nagisa so it seems more like she's anxious about their future in a way that doesn't imply her death. Mashiro's aware that her condition makes her heavily codependent, needy, and a little selfish. They could momentarily part so Mashiro can seek treatment to better her condition so she can gain independence. There's also Nagisa's tendency to become hyper-focused on her goal (which might be becoming a doctor so she can help Mashiro) that can cause some friction between them. Hopefully the foreshadowing is just misunderstandings or even arguing because Nagisa's too busy with cram school.

But again, it could just be me wishing the ominous cloud doesn't necessarily mean instant death flags.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I personally think Sakuragi is too attached to their characters to let them have bad endings lol, which is totally okay in my book. There's ominous moments, but they're usually resolved very quickly in this series instead of being dragged out, which I think is mostly attributed to good communication tbh

I'm glad I picked this back up after they became gfs. So cute.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Nah, they're just anxious about the future because she is worried that she's too needy and reliant of her. Anemia isn't going to kill you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemia

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Uda looks cute as fuck with her hair down. I can't believe she's been holding out on us for so long.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch23#22

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 2:35AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I personally think Sakuragi is too attached to their characters to let them have bad endings lol...

It may not have been what you meant, but I think it's safe to say you're 100 correct lol. Personally, I'm all in favor. Biases in favor of happy endings aside, I also don't feel particularly icky about this situation. Pres was aggressive, but didn't really overstep any boundaries, and Ms. Nurse also kept her distance until it was kinda-sorta "safe" to do so. It also seems like whatever she's feeling was a more recent development, so there's that. No foul play, no power imbalances abused, and all involved parties seem content. I am all in favor.

joined Feb 1, 2021

A-ha! So the author really was trying to draw one hug per chapter!

last edited at Dec 14, 2022 1:21PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

So it seems the focus is going to shift now to the Love-Square moreso?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Neat, I never noticed the flower motifs for the supporting characters

C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

...were they just playing mario kart on a ps5?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Well if their friendship survived Overcooked than I guess they are golden for life

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

How are they so wholesome??
* Internally screaming into the void

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 6:57AM

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Another chapter full of fluff :D I genuinely laughed at Uda trolling while they were playing Overcooked xD Page 3 has to be one of the cutest moments in this series, I just can't with these two <3

joined Mar 23, 2022

at this point I don't mind if author will give us uda's side of story, after all I look forward to her love story and shipping her with the vp. Daym I love how mashiro is sensitive to nagisa and asked her what's up, and how she can be serious when the situation needs to,such a relationship goalss.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, they're so adorable. ^_^

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Uda is the reason I gradually lost interest in this manga.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I loved pretty much everything about this chapter. I loved that Uda confided in the two and asked for advice/support, Nagisa's genuine concern and opening up to Mashiro and then to Uda about it, and Uda's headstrong attitude. I personally do like the sort-of attention shift toward Uda, especially considering that it still maintains balance with Nagisa/Mashiro fluff. Page 3 is absurdly adorable, oh my fucking god.

Also, I did not expect them to be playing Overcooked, but I do love it. It looked very similar to how my friends and I play... for better or worse.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Shameless flirting is my jam.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

At first I couldn't believe how of all games the first game she gave two non gamers to play was overcooked, but then I remembered I also tried playing with my parents who don't game before too xD. It was an experience

joined Mar 20, 2012

...were they just playing mario kart on a ps5?

Weird the author didn't draw a switch instead, overcooked 2 is on ps5 at least.

The games in the manga style looked super cute.

To reply you must either login or sign up.