Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

The absolute catastrophe that this girl is is absurdly amusing to me, and part of me wishes it never ends. It's actually impressive since I'm thinking to myself that there will be a point where the novelty wears off, but it ain't here just yet. It helps that I'm actually interested in seeing where this story goes and how, though.

I have no clue where, how, or why Tsubasa came to the conclusion she did, and I'm mighty looking forward to finding out. If it comes out that all of them are one form or another of a disastrous force of nature I'll probably lose it.

At this point, I'm still chalking this up to prior comments on the thread having skewed my vision/read of the character, but there are some in which parts I can really see Hinori being in love with Minami, or at least feeling something toward her. Part of me is really interested to see the series actually develop this as a proper "route".

Her negativity level is... Is

IS OVER 9000!!!!

Unrelated, but I've been sitting on this for a while and you have given me an excuse to share: in the local dub of Dragon Ball Z, Vegeta's name was localized to be Makita (no fucking clue why, by the way. it doesn't even work out in Hebrew), so the meme is highly relevant, I feel.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

every couple is an idiot couple besides Hinori

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

man these idiot couples T-T
Poor Hinori being the thirdwheel between them. I hope author will give you a gf unless ??

joined May 10, 2021

That chapter was very painful to read. Hopefully all those idiots talk to each others and get their shit straight (or gay huehuehue)

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Which one is Kosame?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Which one is Kosame?

Center Panel, sitting in the middle. From left to right:

Hinori, Kosame, Tsubasa

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 12:30AM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

I just went throough the whole thing again because I had no idea who Kosame was. Why would she think that tho? If anything it looks like she likes Hinori.

joined Feb 18, 2022

pompf

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Poor Hinori being the thirdwheel between them. I hope author will give you a gf unless ??

Call me crazy, but I think it would be even funnier if she was the only straight one surrounded by lesbians who are failing to arrange themselves into a functional configuration of couples.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

if anything I would've thought Minami liked Hinori instead of Kosame

joined Jan 28, 2022

I just went throough the whole thing again because I had no idea who Kosame was. Why would she think that tho? If anything it looks like she likes Hinori.

I'm one trillion percent sure this won't happen, but Minami x Yuzu x Hinori poly would actually be pretty funny

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm one trillion percent sure this won't happen, but Minami x Yuzu x Hinori poly would actually be pretty funny

the idiot couple and their mutual emotional support girlfriend, i dig it

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I have no clue where, how, or why Tsubasa came to the conclusion she did, and I'm mighty looking forward to finding out. If it comes out that all of them are one form or another of a disastrous force of nature I'll probably lose it.

This single panel at the top is the best I got :P
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_do_i_get_together_with_my_childhood_friend_ch07#19

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 4:17AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It's like she failed a perception roll. Now how will Minami react?
a) She will carefully explain the situation to avoid any misunderstanding
b) She will admit to it just to try and push Yuzu and Hinori more
c) Something even more illogical happens to double the chaos

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This girl is a complete and utter wreck... :D

joined Jan 6, 2017

I have no idea what happened in this chapter... I'm trying to read it and nothing's registering wtf is going on

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 6:24AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love the disaster that is Minami and have great sympathy for Hinori in having to deal with all that. Also this talk with Tsubasa might make it so that finally everybody (but Yuzu) knows about Minami's feelings.
With the manga not being released super often I think it is just the gap that makes people forget about character names, looking back at the last chapter now I also think that Tsubasa's suspicion is not completely without base, looking at the first couple of pages of chapter 6

joined Aug 13, 2021

Call me crazy, but I think it would be even funnier if she was the only straight one surrounded by lesbians who are failing to arrange themselves into a functional configuration of couples.

Would be better if she was on the sigma rule of only being attracted to yourself.

joined Oct 22, 2021

I suspect this is a reference to chapter 4 and 6. The gurl whose name we are forgetting was whispering and sharing secrets with mc, which made the other gurl jelly

See here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_do_i_get_together_with_my_childhood_friend_ch06#16

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 11:23AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I'd read a story like that, sounds entertaining if done right.

joined Feb 1, 2021

LOL this chapter was pure chaos. Feels like there's a decent chance the author just goes for it and we end up with some kind of crazy love pentagon next

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I'mma just casually ship Hinori and Minami while still supporting the main ship.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Hinori should get a medal for keeping her cool around the walking disaster that is Minami. Trying to get her to talk with Yuzu looks like an epic-level quest.

The last part also took me a bit by surprise until I went back to the previous chapters. I guess Nitori feels that Minami is trying to pair Yuzu and Hitori to get more alone time with Kosame ? ... If she's as negative as Minami, they are totally going to hype each other on their incorrect pairings, aren't they ?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

the idiot couple and their mutual emotional support girlfriend, i dig it

Sounds like YoshiMaru

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Which one is Kosame?

Center Panel, sitting in the middle. From left to right:

Hinori, Kosame, Tsubasa

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/036/110/17.png

Full names (useful to know because they sometimes call each other by their surnames) are:

Tatsumi Hinori, Unohara Kosame, Nitori Tsubasa

MCs are Makita Yuzu and Ikoma Minami.

To reply you must either login or sign up.