Forum › Posts by Nerotoxin

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

I realy don't know how to feel about this. The girl stays friend with their ex boyfriend who has cheated on her multiple times, the boyfriend portrayed as innocent that he has no choice but to cheat, especially in a yuri manga. Maybe it could bring a fresh new air to people but I can't bring myself to be comfortable on this

the boyfriend isn't portrayed as having no choice. he just gave his reasoning for his actions. would you prefer a character who only acts according to the plot and has no personality?

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

some things can just be objectively bad and some people and their actions undeniably awful

I have no moral standing in a debate about an event that didn't happen between people that don't exist. But I am the kind of nerd emoji personification who refuses to call peppers vegetables or peanuts nuts. So when people say stuff like this, I have to wonder if they actually know what the words "objective" and "undeniable" mean. Morality is religious, ethical, philosophical and psychological, but it is ultimately a human concept and thus impossible to objectively measure or prove, unless you happen to have God's phone number on standby. Even if 99.99% of the population agreed that "X thing is bad" it still wouldn't be an objective fact and some people would still deny it. I don't know what will happen after the AI chatbots take over the universe; but for the foreseeable future, all opinions, including morals, will remain subjective and very much deniable, for better or for worse.

Well, maybe I'm the one who's misunderstanding the terms. I'm not an English professor. Feel free to "uhm, actually" me if that's the case.
I wonder if this counts as going off-topic...

I swear you people argue about the silliest things.

I haven't touched grass since Elder Scrolls 6 was announced

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 2:00AM

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

While I do somewhat understand the backlash this chapter received, it does make me wonder...did people just skip over Midori telling her ex-boyfriend in chapter one "I do like you, but it's not love anymore"? This twist (if it even is a twist) didn't come out of nowhere, it's based on aspects of Midori's character that were already established.

Well, to be fair, that certainly is consistent with Chapter 2, but by itself it can be read as a standard let-them-down-easy brush off. It didn’t necessarily indicate that she was going to stay entangled with him and his family, (and I had in fact forgotten that’s how she said it).

That's a fair point, I just think people are letting their outrage at cheating (and cheating is bad of course) blind them to what Midori is actually saying.

Midori is a weirdo who never lets her emotions show. This is off-putting to most people, including most people in this thread lol. Baba, however, is an easygoing and carefree guy; that's why he's one of the few people willing to hang out with her. That's probably the reason she originally fell in love with him. But those qualities are also precisely why he continually cheated on her. And I suspect that Kyouko was the cause behind her deciding to break up because Kyouko demonstrated there was someone besides Baba (and his parents) who cares about her.

None of this is particularly dramatic or messy imo. It's just kind of weird and unique because of how weird and unique Midori is.

I agree with this. Not sure how well the "never lets her emotions show" part will age though, since she did respond to an emotional problem (cheating) with physical violence (punching ex-kun) which means she could very well do the same to protagonist-chan. That seems like the biggest red flag to me, but it could also just be a moment of early-installment weirdness and they'll never bring it up again.

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

I wasn't sold on the first chapter, but this one has me kind of interested. Nothing really stands out to me about the characters individually, but the dynamic between love interest lady and her ex is one I've never seen before. No idea where it'll go from here, though.

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

I just noticed how the artist often draws blank spaces around the characters to make them standout against the backgrounds. That's a nice detail. Overall, I'm really enjoying this artstyle. I've also never seen a short-sleeved hoodie before reading this and it's making me want one.

joined Jan 28, 2022

yooo I was hoping this would get translated!

joined Jan 28, 2022

Iku deserved better

joined Jan 28, 2022

I just went throough the whole thing again because I had no idea who Kosame was. Why would she think that tho? If anything it looks like she likes Hinori.

I'm one trillion percent sure this won't happen, but Minami x Yuzu x Hinori poly would actually be pretty funny

joined Jan 28, 2022

I'm ace myself, and I'm not usually the type of person to care about "representation", but I have to admit seeing an actual ace couple is pretty neat since most ace characters tend to also be aro by default, at least from what I've seen.

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

is the translation on hiatus, or did the creator stop making this? google won't give me a straight answer, supposedly a 5th chapter exists but I couldn't find an actual confirmation of this

i think it got either removed or translations were dropped
either way, there's a second volume on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/むく/dp/4046816112/ref=rw_dp_pbnx_fo_vol_2

the author seems to be pretty active on their twitter too
@harumankai

I see, thanks!
sucks that the translation was dropped, but it's good to know more of this story exists out there
one more reason to learn japanese I guess

joined Jan 28, 2022

I know it's been cancelled, but it says volume 2 has 20 chapters, and from what I've seen online, 14 is the max number of chapters available. Why is that? Is that really all that got published or is that the most that could get translated? I doubt I'll get an answer, but I would appreciate one. It's too bad because I was really enjoying the story so far. It's a damn shame.

I'm also curious about this, and one of Muku's other works, "Because You Dazzled Me". With both series, I can't find a definite answer as to whether more chapters exist or not. It's Schrödinger's manga.
edit: I did get an answer for Because You Dazzled Me, it exists but nobody translated it

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 12:44AM

joined Jan 28, 2022

Ha ha, isn't slavery so f***ing funny and hot, lol. This kinda crap is why I despise isekai.

"slave" is literally right there at the beginning of the title
did you click on it just to complain about the genre lmao

joined Jan 28, 2022

A little triggered because she said "the sun and a star" but okay.

I like vampire chan

LMAO with the bots

To be fair, while yes the Sun is a star, there's a VAST difference in the kind of light we perceive from them. And Utaho doesn't shine so much as sparkle, like a star in the darkness, fitting with her thematics.

"a sun and a distant star" would have made more sense imo

joined Jan 28, 2022

I've never seen so many chapters added at once

joined Jan 28, 2022

maxim tomato looking ass

Nerotoxin
Photo Shoot discussion 19 Jul 17:44
joined Jan 28, 2022

amogus

joined Jan 28, 2022

you can't convince me that Build and Cross-Z weren't at least a little gay

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

I feel like maid is probably endgame, with brave as a close second and priestess in third. witch and princess haven't shown any potential for chemistry beyond comic relief imo

joined Jan 28, 2022

is Melua's suit a Kamen Rider reference?

I don't know how to send images but it looks very much like Brave's Level 1 suit

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 8:43PM

Nerotoxin
joined Jan 28, 2022

is the translation on hiatus, or did the creator stop making this? google won't give me a straight answer, supposedly a 5th chapter exists but I couldn't find an actual confirmation of this