Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So rushed. But that's to be expected as she had to end the story in 3 chapters.

I'm sad now.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I was surprised she was even capable of almost making a clean break from her, even if it didn't last so long.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that Mitsuki fully realizes she wants to have Tsuzuki for herself and that is why she tries to break things off. Like she knows that Tsuzuki would not agree to a mono relationship and that that is what she wants from Tsuzuki so she cuts her losses or tries to at least.

And then Tsuzuki refuses to let go and the ride continues on.

last edited at Nov 29, 2022 5:25PM

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This may be a little mean-spirited but given the widespread negative attitudes towards polyamory in fiction, I find it very satisfying that it is consistently Kashiwai's monogamy that causes problems in this series.

This is a terrible example of Polyamory to the point where it barely counts. Polyamory stories work best when everyone involved is, if not in love with, at least cares about the other members. Nanami is the beneficiary of ALL of the love in this scenario. The two men clearly, at best, merely tolerate each other and both would probably rather not share. Mitsuki's boss is nearly openly hostile to her about it. This is a situation that only benefits Nanami. She might be honest about it, but it's very clear that everyone else involved only goes along with it because they like HER that much. I'm sorry, this is just a harem. And hell, the people involved are more hostile to each other than most typical harem scenarios I've seen. If THIS was the common portrayal of polyamory I'd be against it too, because this is toxic as hell and makes about the worst case possible for it.

The best polyamory stories have the group of characters fall in love with each other. Maybe it might START as a love triangle in some instances, but work is done to build the relationship between the others in time. There is no way in hell that would have happened in this story, even if the plot wasn't massively accelerating.

Not all authors want to write stories about healthy relationships.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Mitsuki, please refuse her and walk away you're never going to be okay with this you're going to tell yourself you're okay with it and fake it for a while until you're even more miserable than you're already feeling. I hope she doesn't just go "Oh really you don't want to lose me? Okay I guess I can give it a go"

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh, Nanami. That was very selfish indeed.

This chapter was niiiiiiiiiice and angsty.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I kind of wish we had had more chapters from Tsuzuki's point of view. Like, I get that all the drama is happening with Mitsuki, but it feels a little weird that we got only one Tsuzuki chapter.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Funny that this would come out the same day as the latest chapter of Kanojo mo Kanojo, because the stuff that was said in that manga is actually pretty in-sync with what's happening in this one, despite the two works having totally different moods.

Also, I think Kanojo mo Kanojo is talking about the harem genre rather than real poly relationships, but it still hasn't ended so I'm waiting to see.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

I like where this is going

joined Oct 9, 2022

I like the portrayal here where a person comes across poly at the very first time, decides to try it for the sake of the intense attraction, and immediately realizing it's not for them so they back down. very realistic. been there, done that. tho this seems more like a harem than pol.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Oh nice one, boss. It's impossible for me to dislike any character of this manga, loved Tsuzuki's selfishness, she was so perfect until now. Don't understand why people are so annoyed by this particular non monogamous portray, I thought that a non monogamous relationship could vary and fit the tastes of the people involved in it.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

NEXT TIME LAST TIME?!? Noooo, this was my favorite manga atm, it made me feel so much, why would they axe it, fuck them japanese issues

joined Jun 11, 2021

is this really gonna try to wrap up in one chapter? i'm assuming it got axed :/ god forbid someone writes a story that's actually different from most other yuri. love you manga industry thank you soooo much

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Sigh another update, another day of sadness. It really sucks because as a chapter on its own, I think Akiyama is doing a great job with what she's been given. Even though rushed af, it's still a good chapter. Just gonna forever lament about the lost potential.

joined Mar 23, 2022

damnn you know I love how the author make her come clean with her fiance because her guilt is eating her, atleast she confessed early unlike any other cheating manga that takes forever.and now I like how she just want to finish everything up, with her hopeless relationship with her, because duh at the end of the day the bish is the only one who get the happy smile in the end if they continue this shit. it's no use staying that way and it will just hurt her further. aaaaand now that she finally want to end this shit, this bitch still want to hold on, like gurl you better have to choose one and step up your game because her two other hoes didn't give a shit for having a poly relationship but not our mitsuki gurl so she better stop being selfish and let our poor girl free if she doesn't have the plan to be on a mono relationship.

joined Mar 23, 2022

if the author will not pull the plot twist card. I can now see the ending with her clapping her shit together watching the bish on her wedding day.

joined Jan 13, 2021

I suppose the expectation from a complex story that seems to be on the cusp of an untimely end is tumult and incoherence, but what struck me most about this chapter (once I was done guffawing at how Kashiwai on page 8 is essentially identical to the crying Aya Asagiri meme) was how profoundly peaceful it felt? Not the peace that comes in life unhindered, sheltered from the eddies of insecurity, but the release that accompanies the rush of tears, that breaking, cresting sigh of pain unknotted, the craggy dignity of heartfelt sobs, of collapse most momentous and liberating- such is the tragedy that graces Kashiwai, blinding her so she may see, letting her pour her heart out a cold and uncaring world so it might be purged of yearning's occlusion, and beat clear and steady again. How poignant those pages that trail her staggering down the long way to an unfamiliar home, that perch her on balconies in flightless reflection, that coil her in long shadows on yesteryear-creased sheets, heavy in the lightness of separation, sliced from herself by double-edged silence, and yet so very striking in her loss-won wisdom, in the set of her eyes that range across futures past and presents unreceived. There is no avalanche of events here, no smuggling of contrivances across this penultimate pass, but only the whispers of the city and the echoes of recollection, the sound of clacking heels and crowing phones at the salon, and the deafening hush of rain washing mistakes up and away. Perhaps they shall arrive at our next meeting, pile thick at farewell's site, but for now, moments are cheaper than promises and swifter than trains, passing us leagues in foggy omission, seams to be plastered with phantom what-ifs.

And the final pages are all the more striking for it, the closing of the circle once more, the quietude of glacial grieving rammed perilously by the face that sailed a thousand ships, battering Kashiwai and Tsuzuki both with an old, rapturous pain, the devilry of their wordless deal. In some sense, I feel the tale's ended already, and the final chapter shall prove not so much a continuation or an epilogue or a footnote as it shall a misty parallel, a speculation as authentic in its ghostliness as the delusions of those drifting far out at sea. It may not or perhaps cannot provide the perfect closure, if such a thing exists, if there even was an opening in the first place, for this is in so many ways a tale of the irresolute and labyrinthine present, where moments are strung as pearls in a necklace, each with their watery history and yet no order of organization, nested as they are upon a breathing throat. Fitting then, to end uncertainly and haphazardly, apocalyptically and anticlimactically, or not all at the close of it all- do tales end at weddings? At elopements? At gatecrashings? At annulments? Something shall always stretch on, for all staging is a vignette, and the grandest of stages cast themselves beyond curtains to live on in the spotlight of the mind's eye, endlessly improvised in an ardent viewer's heart. So it goes with Iberis, a tale I'll fondly remember regardless of how it ends- a strange declaration to make before the conclusion, and yet one that cannot be made any later, dedicated as it is to a tale out of its time, and yet so perfectly in its place.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I like the portrayal here where a person comes across poly at the very first time, decides to try it for the sake of the intense attraction, and immediately realizing it's not for them so they back down. very realistic. been there, done that. tho this seems more like a harem than pol.

The only real problem with poly is that so few people are wired properly for it and without the proper mindset most people will just implode the entire relationship before they realize what's going on. You get situations like I was in where one or two people really do have the proper mindset for it then several people who really are only suited for monogamy either are convinced or convince themselves that they can make it work then the whole thing lurches on for a bit before exploding in a world of hurt. I will never forget that wedding. Ever. Even if there comes a day when I can barely remember my own name anymore.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I think the next issue of 月刊!スピリッツ (should be out on the December 26th.) will be the final chapter, based on what was written on the last page. I have the RAW. What a shame, but then this type of plot with this kind of arc, there is not a whole lot of alternatives other than a single or a couple of tankoubon materials. I don't think the author can draw a "full blown" polyamory plot which can go on forever, with lovers comes and goes from the MCs lives (even after marriage). Although it must be weird if the mangaka decided to have the MCs in a monogamous relationship, that is because one of the MCs is totally polyamory. This has to be an open marriage, but I am not sure if the two MCs can work it out.
Oh, the mangaka has a 7 years gap between this manga to the previous one. I wonder what happened, 7 years gap in the manga industry?

last edited at Dec 9, 2022 5:57AM

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

het tags usually never ends well in terms of yuri. idk why i ever bothered reading this

joined Dec 24, 2022

What do you mean it's ending? But Octave lasted FIVE VOLUMES!
What did poor Brides Of Iberis do wrong??

too much het, probably

I think the problems tackled in this series are probably too ahead of it's time.... (or maybe needed a different marketing strategy)

I do think so. It's really a shame for its edge contents which is trying to draw a novel relationship besides the social dominant.

I'm so sad that this manga are going to be axedT_T

last edited at Dec 25, 2022 12:22AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Maybe delete your precedent post or edit it and delete this one.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Its finished. I am sure the scanlation team will do a good job.

Yeah. And you're doing a really good job at getting banned for not using spoilers. Again.

YOU CAN'T EVEN WAIT A DAY BEFORE POSTING SPOILERS, CAN YOU? IS THAT WHAT THEY CALL INCONTINENCE?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
I think you guys read it while I was in the middle of blackening out. There must be millions of readers, barely 5 minutes and you guys responded already. This is the second time that this happened I think I need to go to a dead thread on a random manga and test out the post concerning "==", before copy and paste on a forum.
Oh, someone here also posted that this will be cut short. I have no idea until I am on chapter 10. Maybe I should complain...since I never got the notice of cancel while reading it.

"==" seems to be a bit tricky to use. Took me three times to fix it on this post. Anyway, won't happen apologies

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 7:26PM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Yup I hated this. Thanks as always for your work Kirin~

To reply you must either login or sign up.