Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Also:

I might need a minute to recover from this. From hot alt dude to DIFL… Nice genes, Koga-san, nice genes

It would be funny if Koga's dad did not look like her at all bc we all can agree that she resembles her uncle VERY MUCH

9ea8c86338c0cf066a21ed99afb1e363
joined May 22, 2022

koga is way too hot

Too hot, too smooth, too oblivious to her charms.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The intimacy…! The casual hand that reaches out with an earbud….! The shimmering energy of undisclosed love…!

tbf, not waiting for the obvious "sure, go ahead" and reaching over with an earbud (as long as you have clean ears I guess) to share music with a friend, while discussing music, is not that intimate imo. Then again, I live in a middle eastern country and my last time hanging out with people of my own free will was back in the army.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

YURI AURA CLEASING POWAAARR!!!

ah, to be young again.

btw wlftchtr82, they mention Muse!

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

amazing chapter, loved the Uncle's old punk friends' reaction

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

The intimacy…! The casual hand that reaches out with an earbud….! The shimmering energy of undisclosed love…!

tbf, not waiting for the obvious "sure, go ahead" and reaching over with an earbud (as long as you have clean ears I guess) to share music with a friend, while discussing music, is not that intimate imo. Then again, I live in a middle eastern country and my last time hanging out with people of my own free will was back in the army.

Keep in mind the cultural context. This is written by a japanese person, so casual physical contact is more of a big deal.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, sure--sharing earbuds is not necessarily an intimate gesture in all contexts everywhere, just as sharing a swig of a drink between friends isn't always an "indirect kiss."

In this context, especially since earbuds played such an important role in the discovery of Mitsuki's "deceit," it's pretty darned intimate.

joined Jul 23, 2014

My soul, too, was cleansed

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Me every Sunday: "It can't really get any better than this, really".
This manga every next Sunday: "You are wrong AGAIN!"

joined Mar 21, 2017

No wonder i dont feel like I'm in my 40's, yuri really does make us feel younger.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

My soul, too, was cleansed

ours and everyone else's

joined Jul 23, 2019

The assumption that your teen years are the best, more shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I guess we've all already been mentally colonized by the Japanese. :P Come to think of it, I haven't read any rants against lolicon manga in a long time...

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Oh....oh my......my now this is finally wholesome!

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Now lets get a spin-off of the adults! Ahahah jk....unless O_O

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The assumption that your teen years are the best, more shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I guess we've all already been mentally colonized by the Japanese. :P Come to think of it, I haven't read any rants against lolicon manga in a long time...

I think it's pretty common in the West as well, although it also includes college. There is pushback for it, but there are plenty of media that talk about the high school/college years as "the best years of your lives".

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lizstar posted:

Every week when this updates I check it out and it's consistently like the best thing on this site

Why do you think it's the best? Also, happy (early) birthday!

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"Why is it so upbeat today?"

"Ah, the power of yuri."

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A sudden outbreak of youth. :D

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Am I the only one who's bothered by them just sitting on the floor, right next to the adults? I could see them sitting on the floor, further away from the adults, or standing near them, but the combination of proximity and position feels off to me.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

My mission objective is now to put out such a powerful gay vibe that I automatically raise the Yelp review score of any store I enter

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Omega Deuse posted:

Am I the only one who's bothered by them just sitting on the floor, right next to the adults? I could see them sitting on the floor, further away from the adults, or standing near them, but the combination of proximity and position feels off to me.

The store is small.

joined Jul 21, 2020

The assumption that your teen years are the best, most shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I think it's pretty common in the West as well, although it also includes college. There is pushback for it, but there are plenty of media that talk about the high school/college years as "the best years of your lives".

But you gotta admit that the angsty tormented teenager trapped between childhood and adulthood is far more frequent in Western literature.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The assumption that your teen years are the best, most shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

But you gotta admit that the angsty tormented teenager trapped between childhood and adulthood is far more frequent in Western literature.

Yes but those two concepts aren't contradictory nor exclusive.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But it's not a trope used to depict teenaged characters, it's a "middle-aged person romanticizing youth" trope.

(Although to be fair, the "next we're going to be third-years and have to decide what to do with our lives and then get jobs, etc., so let's make fun memories while we're footloose and fancy free" trope shows up in manga pretty regularly, too.)

joined Dec 25, 2021

The yuri was so strong the bald dude grew a mohawk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.