Forum › Cinderella Cosplaytion discussion

joined Jul 22, 2014

Beautiful art style, girl look quite elegant with that change of persona.
I'm curious if this kind of age gap yuri can get an official English release?

last edited at Oct 29, 2022 8:00PM

joined Oct 10, 2016

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one, does she love her or her cosplay persona?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Art looks a bit awkward to me, to be honest. Hard to pinpoint why though.

joined Oct 11, 2019

"Well, this could be fun, as long as the age gap isn't too- never mind."

Dynasty desperately needs a tag for stories that go beyond "age gap" to actual pedophilia. You can read what you want, but people should have a reliable way to avoid it

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

After a certain fushoji age gap couple manga ended, I needed something to fill it's spot. This gets a definitive pass.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 9:36AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This has potential… to be a success or a minefield. I’m interested to see how cosplay is tolerated over there.

Japan is the birthplace and home of cosplay - it is far more common there than anywhere else!
Tho im sure none otaku still sometimes look down on adults who still do it, most of the time i doubt its a big deal.

@Pyoro Im fairly sure its been all drawn in an art package like manga studio etc, it does give it a slight stiff look, tho I personally still like the art. Maybe its the thicker than average outlines?

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 11:08AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

To me, "pedophilia" (or lolicon) is when one of the characters is under 14. At 14, you're a teen and should be aware of sexuality and how it works. Sex ed exists in Japanese middle schools you know. This manga doesn't need more than the "Age gap" tag.

Seeing where this is published, it won't get lewd. At most ecchi (like, skimpy cosplays).

So, people shitting on this because Hinata is 14 feels ridiculous and a prejudice.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Dynasty desperately needs a tag for stories that go beyond "age gap" to actual pedophilia. You can read what you want, but people should have a reliable way to avoid it

I've tried to suggest this before, but people didn't seem to like the idea. The argument being: most "Age Gap" stuff on the site involves a minor, so there's no point. Not a very convincing argument, since there's even a tag for lizards and several other rarely used joke tags... But what can you do.

In this case I wasn't that surprised due to the author's previous work, but I am a bit disappointed because it seemed cute until the last page.

You and the person you are responding to should really google what the word "pedophilia" actually means, as you are using it completely wrong. Maybe then you will also understand why your suggestion received pushback.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Japan is the birthplace and home of cosplay - it is far more common there than anywhere else!

Also the birthplace and home of lolis who look like they are 25 years old. I don't believe the trope existed anywhere else before the Japanese invented it.
But it's not exclusive anymore: I've seen some, more recent instances in Western media; so like everything in manga it's spreading.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Also the birthplace and home of lolis who look like they are 25 years old. I don't believe the trope existed anywhere else before the Japanese invented it.

Is that even loli? Vs. the reverse, someone who is 25 (or 250) but looks 13 or 10 or 7.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Is that even loli? Vs. the reverse, someone who is 25 (or 250) but looks 13 or 10 or 7.

Both are, two sides of the same coin really. One goes with the "it's okay actually bc they look like an adult despite their age." and the other goes with "it's okay actually bc they're as old as an adult despite their looks".

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

no space posted:

Do you find the School girl + Age gap tagging insufficient for some reason?

joined Jul 28, 2020

Finally, something to fill the Kami eshi-shaped hole in my heart has appeared.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

age of 14 up to 21 are almost indistinguishable. woman just mature earlier

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

...holy fucking shit

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Be careful, Tsukiko Onee-san!

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

...holy fucking shit

You really need to touch some grass.
I dont even want to know how you took that but better look at yourself before u point at others.

All Im saying is when you get into a relationship with a young woman you better take a good look at her ID because it can be really hard to tell as this manga aptly demonstrates.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

You really need to touch some grass.
I dont even want to know how you took that but better look at yourself before u point at others.

I never once had a problem with telling kids apart from grown women but I'm the one out of touch with the world...

I've been 14 and I've been 21, people look and behave completely differently at those ages. The gap is literally 1/3 of a person's life at that point

joined Jan 14, 2020

Eh, sometimes there is overlap.

In grad school, I had a friend who at the age of 21, was told "I'm sorry dear, you have to be at least 14 to volunteer at the library". And she wasn't medically unusual, just 5'0 or maybe even 5'2, and somehow looking youngish.

In the same period, my advisor's daughter regularly looked 4 years older than her age, to people. When she was 11 people guessed she was 15, when she was 13 people thought she was 17. Maybe 5'6, dressing more 'maturely' with European influence. Darker coloration, not sure if that affects people's perceptions.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

people age and mature at vastly different speed, both physically and mentally. and maturity is not 100% needed to make a relationship succeed either. i just love these stories. love that goes beyond normal established societal parameters.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Eh, sometimes there is overlap.

In grad school, I had a friend who at the age of 21, was told "I'm sorry dear, you have to be at least 14 to volunteer at the library". And she wasn't medically unusual, just 5'0 or maybe even 5'2, and somehow looking youngish.

In the same period, my advisor's daughter regularly looked 4 years older than her age, to people. When she was 11 people guessed she was 15, when she was 13 people thought she was 17. Maybe 5'6, dressing more 'maturely' with European influence. Darker coloration, not sure if that affects people's perceptions.

A year ago I was rushed to a hospital and the nurse thought I was a minor (which means under the age of 18 here). I was 31. It happens, and it is not even that rare.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

people age and mature at vastly different speed, both physically and mentally. and maturity is not 100% needed to make a relationship succeed either. i just love these stories. love that goes beyond normal established societal parameters.

Agreed with this 100%.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So will they help each other? Will Tsukiko return to cosplay? Will this resemble OL and JK-Goddess?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Awww that's a sad note to end the chapter, makes you think that it is better if Hinata keeps them after all, because these costumes can be adjusted to a smaller size but hardly for bigger ones, that's just a fact.

I'm hoping she'll find inspiration to make new ones instead of saying something like "I just have to lose a few kilos!" because as we can clearly see, she looks pretty nice already.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I knew this art style was this author... well it's not the first age gap manga she drew. Hopefully it isn't as short as kimi wa kanojo was.

To reply you must either login or sign up.