Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Adorable. ^_^

Apparently, the pose on the final page is known as "Yuri Cosmic Symbol" 百合太極図

Yuri confirmed, then? :D

Now, let's not read into things too much

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Oh, so that's why there are so many promotional images with English writing and logos.

Wait, so is that like a thing actually? 'Cause I googled moonlight magazine and only found naked women doing scary faces, which was nice but not it.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

I'm waiting for them to start showing feelings for each other

“Them” who?

Me and your mom...

They're talking about the useless lesbians

Maybe don't call their mom useless? I don't care about the self deprication but that's going too far, pal.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

most progressive countries in Asia

Uhhh, they are extremely regressive about trans people and immigrants, but good on them for the partnerships I suppose...

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 5:32PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Also seems like she's slowly unlocking some kink where she want to be yelled at and possibly degraded and maybe even a little bit of being stepped on.

Dude what

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

[...]The series is also very funny to me cause my own grandpa died and left my grandma a widow within 3 days of ch. 1 release.

...lmao?

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

[...]But it's kinda funny seeing our protagonist go through all the same "kyaa! she noticed me!" thoughts and facial expressions as the typical high school romance characters do.

"High school romance" being a character's first romance, of course she's gonna act like that.

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

justforthis posted:

Lol, the "yaoi crush" tag is such a cope-out. People desperately wanting Satsuki to be woke.

Satsuki is in love with what he can't help but see as a girl. And that's what is gnawing at him. "Yaoi crush" isn't where he's at I think.

my dude got a crush on a dude, friend. don't overthink it

I'm not overthinking it: he said it himself in the previous chapter. He sees Rika as a girl and has a crush on "her". Period.

Nothing yaoi here.

The translator made Satsuki refer to Rika as "he/him" (which is how Rika identifies and it's fine in itself), but Satsuki in the story doesn't actually readily identifies Rika as "he/him" and that's the crux of the drama. And that drama is muddled by the translation.

While I agree for the most part, the thing about pronouns doesn't have to be the case. Satsuki can be attracted to what Rika hates about himself without implicitly misgendering him. Pinterest showed me a picture of pre-transition Elliot Page today for some reason and I thought "damn, he used to be hot." I didn't misgender him but it would still be awful to tell him that if I somehow had the opportunity to do so.

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

What are they talking about when they talk about generations? Because it doesn't sound like it means the same thing as I, a North American talks about, when I talk about generations.

Generations in a familial sense not a sociological one. So if some person is the youngest generation, then all their siblings are also the youngest, their parents are the previous generstion, grandparents are 2 generations back, etc.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Someone did chapter 9 over on dex

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

The adorable pig cat mayor

I must be missing something, why the cat is the mayor?

I'm baffled too. Maybe it's the mayor's cat?
But we have never met the mayor?

I mean, it's not unheard of

https://i.imgur.com/4sLFNxJ.png

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

My hypotheses are:
1) Yuzu didn't want to be interrupted
2) Yuzu didn't want to share Minami during the holidays
3) Yuzu is disappointed that Minami said "it's not what it looks like" (unprobable, because fist closed is more anger than disappointment)

4) She doesn't like the beach

coarse, rough, irritating, gets everywhere...

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Yes, it's interesting how the orientation can change how you see am image.

True, most images look better with lesbians in them, for instance

last edited at Feb 12, 2023 5:46PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

A witch AND a midget?! Damn, shit sucks, hope she finds a gf

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Hehe.

Is seniority really such a big deal in China, even today?

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Good on you Hajime, go live your best life!

Manga transwomen are always beautiful. No adam apple, no large shoulders or hands, no square jaw. Always pass flawlessly.

IRL many transwomen are beautiful. And some might not be. What's your point?

Just that. Manga almost always presents idealized transwomen and in this way minimizes the hardships they may endure because their body and appearance doesn't match their inner femininity. It makes it look like "passing" is just that easy.

It's always good to have representation and while, as you said, many transwomen are beautiful, for most of them I think it takes a lot of effort and frustration. The image of what's a "beautiful woman" in our societies has reached such impossible standards that even cis women [...]

PSA: it's "trans women" not "transwomen", y'all. Makes zero sense gramatically and it's a little uncomfortable to see if one is familiar with terf language. You wouldn't say "tallwoman" because tall is an adjective, not a prefix. Trans is an adjective referring to being transgender, trans- is a prefix : transport, transalpine, transgender. Idk what a "transwoman" would be, some sort of superhuman, I guess.

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Honestly, with all the things Xingyuan has gone through, she gets a few honorary years tacked onto her in my book

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Hi, do you folks know have recommendations for manga (or other media even) featuring a lesbian triad? I've read Introduction to Love Triangles, Luminous Blue and (not a manga) Muted

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Please take a look at this thread, a few transphobic people there
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20337-after-school-mate-discussion?page=4

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Holy shit, they cleared up the misunderstanding in one chapter. Pleasantly surprised

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

@Akiji are you sure you replied to the right thread? Kind of a nonsequitur

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

I'm starting to appreciate mangas where in each chapter the author reminds us of the names of the characters in it. Because I really forgot how the other two were named. I'll blame myself since I'm horrible with remembering names, but still, I wish this had it somewhere at the start.

I just read the chapter like 30 minutes ago and you couldn't get me to name any of the characters. The only one I recall is Aizawa, 'cause she's right there in the title. I mentally substitute characters' names for shapes or colors

Edit: I had a lot more written here but it seems dynasty yeets everything past an emoji should you use one

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 10:50AM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

my longest, exasperate sigh ever.... why can't these ever be about trans women? Not well oops ive magically become a woman and now that my bodies physically like this I guess it'd be wrong to not be a woman! Transition back?? Nonsense!!

god, it always winds up so cisnormative.

Eh, let 'em have it. It honestly seems like a fantasy in the same vein as "oh no, I was forced to wear a dress" or "woe is me, mistaken for a woman and have to play along". It doesn't just wind up cisnormitive it IS cisnormitive - always magic or something improbable because that's more relatable for the author than being trans. The point is to find something that forces the character into a different gender instead of them making a conscious decision, self-determining one's gender identity is a foreign concept to most people.

I didn't figure out I was trans from realistic portrayals of being trans but from silly stories and what-ifs, I don't enjoy them in the slightest now, but a few years ago they were helpful to me.

None of this is to imply anything about the author, just saying it's not such a bad thing, despite obviously lacking any understanding of gender beyond socially ubiquitous norms.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Can't say I've ever encountered that in anything I've read

A lot of rl lesbians are crazy about yaoi—and believe that a man shoving his dick into another man's ass is like the hottest thing. Just sayin'.

Is that really a thing?? Can't think of many things less attractive than 2 people who are literally the opposite of who I'm into having sex with each other