Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Blushing and crying after hearing that her sisters wants to become one? Either a love triangle is coming or she admires her sister are my guesses.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Yes kosuzume-san I have a question are you accepting second moms for your son

joined Sep 18, 2021

Excuse me what in the fuck did I just read?

joined Jan 11, 2022

Kosuzume-san can you please adopt me?

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 4:10PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That's a lax student educator policy for a supposed hardcore cramschool

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yasako has proposed to Kosuzume-sensei in a roundabout way. :-)

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'll take "Para-social relationships" for $200, Alex.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'll take "Para-social relationships" for $200, Alex.

Oh wow it's the Daily Double!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

With that blush at the end are we to maybe assume Satou knows Makina's sister? That was quite the confusing ending.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The only thing we need from you,author,is to continue being the super mom you are!

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

You know I kinda want Makino to get some karma for extorting her sister...

Rsz_1230979
joined Sep 1, 2021

Ugh I keep hating Makino more each chapter.

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 12:13PM

joined May 29, 2022

She must be happy that someone has the same dream as her ig??

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 11:38PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

you see, i want to become a clinical psychologist
AUTHOR DIDN'T WRITE AFTERWARDS NYOOOOO

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

AUTHOR DIDN'T WRITE AFTERWARDS NYOOOOO

The next chapter's one will make up for it.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Is "clinical psychologist" so difficult to say in Japanese that even a high-school graduate like Makino (who should have a good general culture) has trouble articulating it?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Is "clinical psychologist" so difficult to say in Japanese that even a high-school graduate like Makino (who should have a good general culture) has trouble articulating it?

She just don't give one fuck about it.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmm different than what I thought and also some surprise one sided incest but whatever, I do like the explanation of how her sister wanted to find someone she could trust and how Maron wanted to be that person so badly all her life but it's right exactly this moment that it becomes clear to her that she's just not, which like all for the better honestly, find yourself a girl you're not related to and have a nice relationship with her I'm sure you'll be happier in the end haha.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 5:30PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The peek into the author's work schedule is so interesting! I'm glad she seems to have found a good work life balance with 3-4 hr work days that gives her enough time to take care of the children.

Was not expecting this to be where the story is going for Satou, but I feel like things will finally progress from here?

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

oh...

well that's a shame, this was a fun one. peace

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

hmm different than what I thought and also some surprise one sided incest but whatever, I do like the explanation of how her sister wanted to find someone she could trust and how Maron wanted to be that person so badly all her life but it's right exactly this moment that it becomes clear to her that she's just not, which like all for the better honestly, find yourself a girl you're not related to and have a nice relationship with her I'm sure you'll be happier in the end haha.

It's interesting how now both Makino and Satou has had to face that they weren't that special to the one they are pursuing.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ko Suzume is one hell of a powermom, that's quite the packed schedule. Love those glimpses she gives us at the end of each chapter.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

holy maceroni autor-san is drawing fast.

I didnt expect satou to like her own sister tho. also isn't kinda wierd to "convince" someone you trust to study the thing you need? even if you trust someone, you can never be sure and maybe they wanted to do something else

joined Nov 16, 2021

You know I kinda want Makino to get some karma for extorting her sister...

she got it alright

joined Jan 14, 2020

I wonder if "big sis" actually means biological sister, vs. a school/senpai sense of "onee-sama"

Like in Railgun, Kuroko is calling Misaka "onee-sama" all the time but they're not related.

The production stuff was interesting. Average of 11 days to do 12-14 pages plus a color frontispiece. If we combine the hours into full-time days, that would be 5-6 days, or a week, to do 13 pages. Webcomics tend to top out at like 3 color pages a week, or in the case of El Goonish Shive, 3 B&W pages + 3 B&W strips so maybe like 4.5 pages. Pro Western comics tend to have someone spending a month on drawing 22 pages, with other people doing the writing and coloring.

Conclusion: Kosuzume as unmentioned assistants, or is a art-drawing beast.

Edit: OTOH, the pages tend to be like 2-4 panels, whereas Girl Genius and EGS today have 8 panel pages, so it's not the same.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 7:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.