Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I see you've missed the key word, she write "bring your studying materials just to be safe". I'm pretty sure it's just studying

I missed typing the word, but I hadn't missed reading it. If she plans studying, why would she say "just to be safe"? And why would she say she can't do the more extreme 'courses'?

Then what kind of materials she want Makino to bring ? They didn't even start doing sexy time and she gonna ask her to bring toys ? Does she even have those ?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I see you've missed the key word, she write "bring your studying materials just to be safe". I'm pretty sure it's just studying

I missed typing the word, but I hadn't missed reading it. If she plans studying, why would she say "just to be safe"? And why would she say she can't do the more extreme 'courses'?

Yes, precisely so. It should be transparently obvious now. At first I too thought that the author was going for the old predictable joke where Makino who expected kinky times would get a study session instead... but it's clearly not the case.

When Satou warns Makino that they can't do the more time-consuming lesbian courses because they only have a hour, her evident meaning is that they will very much do the lighter lesbian stuff!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Then what kind of materials she want Makino to bring ? They didn't even start doing sexy time and she gonna ask her to bring toys ? Does she even have those ?

She's telling Makino to bring study materials, as a cover to justify their being together. In case they nearly get caught cuddling or whatever.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

The MC and Rina are scumbags (Janes). Too late now to return as a "regular" student, let alone "model regular student".

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Hmm. Doesn't that seem like Satou's perfect job? Time to get married and let the wife have that job.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I mean, of course, they would be interrupted: not only were they about to the proverbial "XXX", but Satou was also about to reveal a crucial plot point. In fiction land, that's pretty much equivalent to yelling "Somebody interrupt us this freaking instant!" :D

Also, nice character development from MC, realizing that she likes Satou more than "Maron".

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 2:54AM

joined Jul 23, 2019

I mean, of course, they would be interrupted: not only were they about to the proverbial "XXX", but Satou was also about to reveal a crucial plot point. In fiction land, that's pretty much equivalent to yelling "Somebody interrupt us this freaking instant!" :D

It's only natural.
It's also natural that I instantly hate the twit who is interrupting them. Argh!

Also, nice character development from MC, realizing that she likes Satou more than "Maron".

¿Por qué no las dos?
Srsly, nothing wrong with roleplaying. Satou can have as many characters for kinky games with Makino as she wants.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

¿Por qué no las dos?
Srsly, nothing wrong with roleplaying. Satou can have as many characters for kinky games with Makino as she wants.

I think the point here is she's realising she's doesn't like her just physically, she's falling in love.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

¿Por qué no las dos?

I think the point here is she's realising she's doesn't like her just physically, she's falling in love.

Exactly. If you recall, Makino had originally fallen for "Maron" because she looked so similar to her favorite fictional character, Shiron-san, but 30 chapters later, she is falling for Satou the real person instead. Not saying there is anything wrong with liking fictional characters/personas, just pointing out that our little scumbag is changing. :-)

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 4:46AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Damn,three years?

Ain't no baby stoppin' this author!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I have to give Makino some props she's actually showing some growth when she was kinda disappointed that it was Maron and not Satou and then realizing she actually wanted to spend time with Satou NOT Maron and even stopped her from having sex to talk to her really does show that she maybe isn't as scummy as the title of her manga leads to believe lol. Next chapter gonna be interesting since jealous chick number whatever is now interrupting them.

But I was curious how they were going to handle the actual story here and it not just keep being Makino keep buying Satou over and over. And I've said this before that to me it feels like Satou has shown almost zero actual uh kindness? or interest? Yeah let's go with that with Makino. But if Makino actually is starting to have actual feelings for Satou herself and starts to get to know her and not just keep ordering her for Maron maybe we can finally see Satou show some interesting in Makino even a little bit would be nice lol.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 2:25PM

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

Yes! Finally! Makino is taking a more sincere interest in Satou. Also, love the subtle bits of sweat on Satou's face at the end

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

noice

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Damn,three years?

Ain't no baby stoppin' this author!

Japan took lockdown very serious

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow I expected this to be real studying lol. Those faces at the end are pretty funny.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I don't get it, what is Onee's fault?

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_scummy_gap_student_with_a_hard_life_calls_upon_a_lady_of_the_night_ch31#3

On this page, their mother implies she'd have pushed Onee into this job if Onee hadn't settled on her own dream. Because our scummy MC doesn't have her own stated dream, mother is now feeling OK pushing it onto her.

It's obviously neither of their faults, just the mother's, but it seems none of them are great about standing up to her.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Not really her fault, the ones to blame are the parents actually. But yeah, since her sister decided to tell her parents she is not going to follow the career they want her to and inherit the prep school chain, the responsibility is put on the second daughter.

Parents shouldn’t force their children to work in what THEY want them to, so her sister is as much of a victim as MC.

It's obviously neither of their faults, just the mother's, but it seems none of them are great about standing up to her.

Yeah, that too

——————————————

Oh and MC is a little shit, isn’t she?

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 4:45PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"Huh, who gives a shit" Makino-chan don't ever change^⁠_⁠^

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And here you think last chapter she would have progress but no,double down on it.I can't.

Parents shouldn’t force their children to work in what THEY want them to, so her sister is as much of a victim as MC.

And yet, they accept that the sister do what she want to do. But yeah, they're scums of the earth imarite. If they're were really that much of a scum,they will have forced the sister on it and not accept her dreams. They forced into MC because she is a NEET and a scum who have no dreams.Pretty sure they wouldn't have do this a certain someone cared about what she want to do instead of caring about only her horniness.

Sorry but i can't like her at this point.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

author-san do be having the worst of luck

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah yes Makino's scummy-ness on full display this chapter

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ah yes Makino's scummy-ness on full display this chapter

I know, right??? I loved it to bits!

My darling little princess Makino is so selfish, egotistical and self-centered... But that's what we adore about her.

(Except those who don't, but this is not a problem: door's right there, don't hit your ass on your way out. )

joined Aug 29, 2019

She's being so despicable right now. I love it.

joined May 24, 2014

She's being so despicable right now. I love it.

She IS a scummy gap student, after all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.