Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

This was like running a 100 meter dash. No time for feelings. Gotta exposition fast. Well at least there is the acknowledgement of the LGBT problems in Japan. But this felt like Lily Marble at the end.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm pretty happy with the ending, and it was a great read overall, so thumbs up from this one. Definitely wouldn't have minded it being longer.

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

didn’t expect it to end so quick, great story anyways! love the artist as well

joined Mar 23, 2022

lol I sooooo feel the credit page. dammnn really thought author will give us their steamy bed scene, oh well everything is well that ends well.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah pretty quick ending but I think it tied it up nicely. Altogether probably one of my favourites. Nice and sweet, good art etc

starlighthanabi
joined Jan 13, 2021

Even though it felt short, I still enjoyed it. We need more adult wlw manga.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww I half expected this to be quite a long series shame it ended only being 6 chapters... Was cute either way but it felt like everything was resolved and moved way too quickly. Still a cute series. Always love me some OL yuri.

joined Mar 15, 2015

While the series was rather rushed overall, I think the last chapter ended the series as well as could be expected.

I actually think having the wedding at the end be for another couple is a good touch. It shows that Haruki has come to terms with the fact that she and Risa won't be getting married any time soon, thereby overcoming her main character flaw. Having the law suddenly change and allowing them to get married would feel like a copout.

The series has some interesting points about discrimination against same-sex couples in Japan, such as about same-sex couples having difficulty in getting apartments together.

All in all, the series could have definitely stood to be longer, preferably 3-6 volumes rather than chapters, but it was reasonably enjoyable, nevertheless.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Double fake-out: ex-lover, then 'marriage'.

I thought singles and lesbian couples couldn't adopt in Japan.

Nice read overall.

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 1:06PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

This Yuri OL series turned into a Lesbian OL series. Kudos!

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Double fake-out: ex-lover, then 'marriage'.

I thought singles and lesbian couples couldn't adopt in Japan.

Nice read overall.

I think the adopt comment comes with the moving abroad option presented.

joined Apr 16, 2022

6 chapters was definitely not enough for this manga, which is a shame because I quite liked all the characters. The character development in particular really started to feel artificial from chapter 3 on, with most of it taking place in exposition ("I feel this way" followed by "Now I feel this other way"). The end result isn't bad, I think the manga is pretty good overall, it's just kind of wasted potential. Hopefully Miura will get more volumes to work with in their next serialization.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Always like Miura's stories. Knew this was the last chapter since I bought it. Tho this could have been longer with wholesome daily life as a couple chapters and more characters development, I really liked this one.

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

Ended more quickly than I expected but at least wasn't dragged out. I liked this one, and I might agree with that credit page .3.

joined Dec 14, 2019

gonna inject this into my bloodstream lol

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

[end]
The fuck? Is there not a single yuri manga which doesn't have a rushed ending?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Overall a sweet decent story. Wish there were more like that.

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 6:47AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Aw i realy liked this one, its not perfect but pretty nice overall.
I wanted there to be at least 2 more chapters: one more before the fight and one more after they talk in the hospital, just to have some more actual relationship on the screen and i do think the "third act conflict" was clunsily made. Thbaks for the scanlation and hosting!

joined Mar 29, 2019

Shame about the ending. I really liked this one. It needed way more chapters. I don't honestly understand how it's already over.

Typical yuri, always with the bait.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I really enjoyed this chapter's plot beats and ending, I just wish it had been a little longer so the pacing wasn't so rushed. I do appreciate that most stuff was addressed and resolved in the end: Shiina was able to kinda come to terms with her breakup with Ryouji, Takagai was able to make Shiina understand her worries, and we got a nice little epilogue showing them continuing their relationship. But each deserved more time than we got.

943cce4f712f471e75140ebf05d6011f
joined Feb 9, 2021

The "can't visit you in the hospital" thing she mentioned will no longer be a problem. As of november 1. Tokyo will recognise same sex couples.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/06/15/tokyo-same-sex-japan-lgbtq/

Altho they are still not able to marry, this I a really big step!!

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 12:00AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

The "can't visit you in the hospital" thing she mentioned will no longer be a problem. As of november 1. Tokyo will recognise same sex couples.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/06/15/tokyo-same-sex-japan-lgbtq/

That's good to hear.

Incidentally, regarding other bits about same-sex marriages, I noticed a few things while reading the Renta! translation.

1)The Renta! translation has Risa and Haruki always use first names, so the part in which Risa starts to call Haruki "Haruki-san" but corrects herself to say "Shiina-senpai"(implying they use surnames around each other out of professionalism or to keep their relationship secret) doesn't get included.

2)There were a few notable differences with the part about the hospitals and apartments, such as omitting the part in which Risa starts by saying it won't stop her from taking Haruki to the hospital if necessary, but I can't completely recall them.

3)The Renta! translation is a bit vaguer about where Risa and Haruki can live if they want to get married and/or adopt, with Haruki only mentioning that such places exist.

4)On a minor note, Ryouji(or Maki?) doesn't make a reference to it not being safe for women to go out alone in the Renta! translation.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Wedding where :v

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

One day, Japan, you will recognize same-sex marriage. One day....

To reply you must either login or sign up.