Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

lovely as always

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

So far the side characters are more interesting than Yuzu, I hope she'll get some actual development soon. We're supposed to believe Minami and Yuzu are best friends, but so far it seems like Minami and Tatsumi are way closer.

It's the yuzu and harumi problem lol

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

They sleep in the same bed, next to each other… aren’t they already married?
Seems that this is one of those settings where no one even blinks about someone being gay. I’m not really sure how I feel about that.

Also, people are allowed to hang out with their friends without wanting to kiss them you weirdos

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 9:44AM

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

I imagine this will end with her confessing; and Yuzu being confused because she thought they were already a couple.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

They sleep in the same bed, next to each other… aren’t they already married?
Seems that this is one of those settings where no one even blinks about someone being gay. I’m not really sure how I feel about that.

Also, people are allowed to hang out with their friends without wanting to kiss them you weirdos

Give me that over the usual "B-but she's a girl, there must be something wrong with me" bs every day~

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Give me that over the usual "B-but she's a girl, there must be something wrong with me" bs every day~

Agreed 100%

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I imagine this will end with her confessing; and Yuzu being confused because she thought they were already a couple.

After her behavior this chapter, I very much doubt it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I mentioned this on Reddit too, but one thing I particularly like about this series is how much specificity there is to the characters, especially Minami and Yuzu. Not only is Minami extremely proactive for a romcom protagonist, but the manga goes out of its way to showcase her weird quirks like how she doesn't realize how popular she is and how she's such a nerd she tries to understand love by reading a bunch of textbooks. Yuzu has less focus but just establishing that she has a life and interests of her own goes a long way toward making her a real person and not an idealized moe girl. I think this is why I find it so entertaining despite the relatively generic premise.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I mentioned this on Reddit too, but one thing I particularly like about this series is how much specificity there is to the characters, especially Minami and Yuzu. Not only is Minami extremely proactive for a romcom protagonist, but the manga goes out of its way to showcase her weird quirks like how she doesn't realize how popular she is and how she's such a nerd she tries to understand love by reading a bunch of textbooks. Yuzu has less focus but just establishing that she has a life and interests of her own goes a long way toward making her a real person and not an idealized moe girl. I think this is why I find it so entertaining despite the relatively generic premise.

Yuzu's quirk is obviously SCIENCE

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I was promised a date last chapter, this felt like a filler :P

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

this is progressing extremely fast

joined Mar 31, 2017

What's that line at the top of ch4 pg15? Was that there in the raws or did the redrawer sneeze?

2rhinelab(f)-min
joined Aug 10, 2022

What's that line at the top of ch4 pg15? Was that there in the raws or did the redrawer sneeze?

Its was like that in the raw, so the author sneeze perhaps? xD

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Yuzu is so dense, I love her.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I agree I can't believe how dense Yuzu is either haha. And Wow a confession already I didn't expect that.

joined Mar 23, 2022

welp you can't really do what you want even to confess if the gay force is not with your barbie. there is always be a disturbance, wait for the right time child.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just like the other couple I always confuse this one with, so adorably useless.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Just like the other couple I always confuse this one with, so adorably useless.

Yesss, I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets these confused lol. Both excellent series though.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That little flashback might have been the first glimpse into what Yuzu is thinking which might be interesting, so far we pretty much only saw everything from Minami's perspective. Playing the game of "she's so oblivious lol" while funny, will probably get old fast, so I'm wondering how do we go from there.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yuzu's flashback was definitely interesting. Minami views her as just a shy but kind girl, but the flashback shows she was (is?) actually straight-up antisocial and had to be relentlessly badgered to open up to her. It shows that Minami perhaps does not understand her best friend as much as she thinks she does.

I normally really hate the interrupted confession trope, but Minami has been proactive enough that I'm hopeful this won't actually be a setback. As b58 says the current dynamic will get old fast, and I think a real confession from Minami at the end of the volume would open up a lot of more interesting story possibilities.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

I thought it was cliché, but the quiet ones really are wild. Minami watch out, Yuzu is going straight for Uranus

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 6:37PM

ClockworkRaven
Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

Oof, interrupted right before the confession. Better luck next time Minami-chan.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

GASP
that was a cute date, i mean, bff hangout

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Swing and a miss
Mission failed, we'll get 'em next time

joined Jul 8, 2019

Oh, no! The fearsome "one panel interruption!" Curses! Foiled again!

To reply you must either login or sign up.