Forum › Posts by S31

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Aside from the phone call, this was the chapter I was waiting to see the most.

Shimamura’s descriptions of Gon were always so pleasant, and did a great job showing how much she loved him. I’m so happy that they captured that lovable, old family dog energy so well in the manga, as well as her conflicted expressions.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Well I just binged this whole series in one day and now I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Every NTR triangle needs one of the members to be nice but dumb, and Nanase fits that pretty well.

Yuni is straight up reprehensible. Constantly does selfish thing after selfish thing to try and satisfy herself all while blaming literally everyone but herself when it blows up in her face. The worst person in the room wherever she goes. So she’s amazing and I love her and I can’t wait to see what she does next.

Fuuko is also using Yuni to feel better about herself, and if I’m being honest she’s pretty terrible herself, but honestly she’s observing an ongoing trash fire and trying to spin it in a way that benefits her. I don’t really blame her, I guess. And 90% of the time she’s just prodding at Yuni’s many, many loose screws. I don’t think her and Yuni would make a “healthy” couple, nothing is healthy about these two, but they deserve each other way more than Yuni deserves Nanase.

Nanase is a bit of a dummy but she doesn’t deserve all this. Story could’ve been solved in 3 chapters if Yuni had the guts to actually talk with Nanase about her insecurities and loneliness, but she instead just makes wrong choice after wrong choice and it continues to spiral downward.

Aaahh… isn’t good drama the best?

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

And it seems like it's NSFW :o

PLEASE. I need to see this. Not because I’m particularly excited for smut, I’ve read enough of Ooshima’s works to where that feels pretty standard. But I’ve been watching Shiine fumble for almost five years now. I NEED the closure that this girl can indeed set a proper mood without chickening out.

You can do it!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Koga smiling in that last page might just be the cutest thing this manga has shown us so far. Just perfect. Still my favorite way to start a Sunday.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Comedy is all about the context. In the early chapters, the love potion was being usesd more or less unintentionally and the person responsible was arguably suffering the most while everything was so over the top and silly that you could easily suspend disbelief and judgment

The Nurse scene was played very real, with a student coming to her in a moment of weakness to voice a concern about themselves and the nurse seemingly taking advantage of that situation to have her way with her, which is a common real world problem

Not only that, but the difference of character is important too. Toudou starts off as completely unlikable, and only gives the potion to prez because she thinks it’ll make her sick and doesn’t want to test it herself. So when that blows up in her face in such an over the top way, we can at least laugh at the schadenfreude, as well as her insane goal-post-moving afterwards (“it’s a good thing I enjoyed that otherwise you’d be in huge trouble btw I’m definitely not gay quit asking”).

This chapter opened strong with the “handsome Prince” character realizing that she actually likes girls: something you don’t always see in yuri series (usually it focuses on specific relationships rather than sexuality as a whole). And so far Tsubasa has felt like one of the more down to earth/sympathetic characters. I thought it might have been a wholesome chapter about gaining an adult confidant who she can discuss her sexuality with, but then she just gets molested by a teacher. There’s no comedy, it’s just messed up.

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I saw this and said “wait, Nipi? I know that artist… why do I know that artist?”

“Oh, they’re the Jalter/Salter artist? Drawing hatesex? Yes, this will do nicely.”

Turns out I was right. Love this one. Wish their other doujins could get translated.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Here’s a fun little tidbit: in chapter 37, Hino kissed Koguma on the forehead as a show of thanks. I’m chapter 38, she’s all embarrassed about it and accidentally lets it slip to Koguma that she did it. Koguma then says “don’t do that while I’m asleep” and adds under her breath “but I wouldn’t mind if you did it while I’m awake.”

So for over 90 chapters we’ve known that they’ve wanted to kiss each other. That was in 2019, 4 years ago. It feels so sweet to finally get that payoff.

S31
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 00:49
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’ll admit, I’m a little salty we didn’t get Vampire Ichika, but I’m pretty happy with this ending regardless. If I had to pick between a tragic ending and this super sweet happy one, I know which one I prefer.

I loved all of the characters in this one. All of the Lilu are such diverse and fun representations of immortality, and Ichika is the most based protagonist of all time. I bet she still asks for Aria to bite her

I’ll miss having this to look forward to at the end of every month, but I’m glad I stuck with it. And if there really is an anime, I won’t miss an episode.

Long live gay vampires!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This chapter in the novel is where everything clicked for me. Aya revealing that she’d been pining after her for a while and going about it in a wrong way, while Marika is the undefeated queen of moving goalposts. From here on its 100% my favorite flavor of trash.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
18772277_p0

Also got her wearing jeans. I don’t remember but I’m pretty sure Mio never wore skirts outside of school or concerts.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Aha, it’s a short one, but we got some HonoUmi! Yay!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

this is why i like this series so much bc instead of being a cute fluffy romance, its an introspective character study between two girls who arent perfect, which is pretty cool.

Mmhmm that’s me as well. The changing perspectives do a good job highlighting that relationships are two-way roads. They’re already teenagers, which makes everything awkward, but they’re also not exactly equipped for their situation either. Adachi’s mom is neglectful, poor girl has no idea how to interact with people, and Shimamura isn’t exactly a champ at the whole “friends” thing herself. It’s always an interesting back and forth between them and, as is the case for most good drama, I care much more about seeing them happy and fulfilled than I do just seeing them together because they’re the “main couple”

Speaking of the back and forth, I always loved how the upcoming mental breakdown places the ball squarely in Shimamura’s hands. Even if she doesn’t understand everything Adachi says, she gets to sit on how her perception of her has changed. I reeeeeeally like that, even if it takes a painful chapter to get there.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Okay everybody, unrelated musical poll: Aerosmiths Crazy vs don't wanna miss a thing

DWMAT EASY.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Aww I kind of like him now. It’s way more believable now that he’d be capable of causing some relationship drama. Not because he’s malevolent or plotting, but because he’s actually a dumbass and is insensitive enough to not realize he’s in a yuri manga.

My favorite part about Sundays for sure

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Just went ahead and read the LN and… it made me way more excited for the manga updates. This series pokes the right brain cells for me.

The romance is genuinely pretty cute and the side couple of the two friends is something I genuinely wasn’t expecting. Knowing where the series is going makes the first few chapters a lot more bearable

The smut is… pretty trashy and indulgent, but in that fanfic, “there’s only one bed” kind of trashiness. What can I say, I’m a sucker for it. When the premise for Volume 3 is that they’re literally living together while Mari’s mom is in the hospital? This is the kind of plot convenience that ive been missing from my yuri smut! It’s great!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Oh my god they’re actually so cute. Forget heartwarming, this is downright healing. I need 50 more chapters STAT

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Oh my god they’re actually so cute. Forget heartwarming, this is downright healing. I need 50 more chapters STAT

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Let’s go Song 2 by Blur, these girls are certified “woo-hoo” enjoyers

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Chiaki’s realization of how lewd the things she & Hana did/do is funny, but it’s not 10+ chapters funny.

If there’s anything Wakame is good at, it’s taking a basic premise and running it for as long as physically possible. We’ll be seeing this scenario for at least 10, maybe even 20 chapters to follow.

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Man, 2 chapters ago Shiine was taking Ichika’s clothes off and getting very physical. To see them both so embarrassed at texting each other is a pretty comical sight.

Glad that this is getting more chapters. Always loved how flirty it was.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Jeez Louise, 2015? NicoMaki really has been a thing for that long huh?

I’m happy these old Tomo works are being translated, but it also just makes me hope for more After School…

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

“One shot” more like “two short” am I right or am I right

Cute tho

S31
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Sep 12:30
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

When Ichika was hugging aria and had her face in Aria’s shoulder, did anyone else think Ichika was going to bite her then and there?

Glad that she outright asked though. It’s only a matter of when now.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Oh my god Hino is so adorable in this chapter. Being in that close proximity with her crush and she not only behaves herself, but is so awkward and flustered aaaaaaaah it’s too much

S31
Image Comments 05 Jul 23:25
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
90166007_p0

I was just thinking about rewatching this show.

Granted, it’s my favorite anime so I think about rewatching it 24/7