Forum › Posts by valence

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I don't really get what happened in the second half, did she confess? Hypnotize her? What spell is she talking about?

Yeah, she cast a spell to make Kana-chan fall in love with her. It’s not a spoiler to tell you but it’s also explained later on, so you don’t have to understand at this point; I think it’s intentionally confusing.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Yaaayyy it got uploaded here :D :D

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Harem when

valence
Heart Gifts discussion 13 Sep 04:25
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Holy Fucking Shit: 40 000

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Honestly, this is such a huge letdown. "Just keep putting up with things" is the absolutely worst thing you could tell people.

Lots of people have repeated this sentiment but I really don’t think that this story has a message, at least I did not interpret it that way. This story, overall, is intended to depict failure — it’s a story about failure. There’s no moral communicated, it’s just two people who made decisions that seemed reasonable at the time but turned out to have bad consequences. But that’s fine, since it’s made quite clear by the story that they had no way of knowing.

Another way of putting it, it’s art without hope. I will acknowledge that this genre is controversial in and of itself, but personally I think that it can be very enjoyable and empowering to read in its own way.

The sense of betrayal is justified. I do think it’s funny though.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Dismemberment plan

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Very cliché setup but Sugano Manami manages to make it really good. I love this

last edited at Jul 24, 2023 5:58PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Niice! I really liked this series.

As I was already kinda expecting, axed.
What a shame.

Do you know that? It didn’t seem very rushed to me

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

She’s definitely not a ghost. There’s way too many suspicious moments in this chapter where she didn’t let on any information that she should have known.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Wow, that’s really nice. I’m biased but it's one of my favourite oneshots now.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I’m genuinely really impressed. I didn’t find this manga particularly funny, or beautiful, or tragic, but it thoroughly manages to be wholly unsettling throughout. Just…what? I feel like it can only be classified as fiction that makes you want to throw up.

To be honest, it’s perfect.

last edited at Jul 17, 2023 5:25PM

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Wait so the whole sexual abuse thing was just dropped?

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Love it. The main character keeps reminding me of a different one and I don’t know who though.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Very based

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

They really took this article to heart https://www.cracked.com/blog/human-clones-do-you-fk-or-fight

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Is it just me or are the pages out of order?

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I seem to remember a oneshot very similar to Teardrops in that it features a school girl goïng to piano lessons and meeting someone through that, but unlike that story one of them stops coming to the lessons and it’s all angsty. Am I just misremembering Teardrops or does it really exis?

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

WHAT

I really enjoyed that but also just WHAT

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Yaoi goggles are ON for this chapter.

YESSS

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Had to go check, interesting to see that this one-shot got another translation. Well, I'm willing to read it again.

Oh thank you I was so confused. I still can’t find the original though, was it removed ro something?

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Good story, feels hard not to read some of the characters through a trans lens though…

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I’M IN LOVE WITH THIS CHAPTER AND SERIES SO GOOD

also my legitimate first reading of the komachi scene was she sent the bug as an assassin but that doesn’t make much sense does it

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I've read it after cheery amnesia, and wow these both are awesome!

I really love the contrast between them, they way they deal with the same issues the such different ways that are true to their characters. It’s even better than either of them individually.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I love this already. Such a wild first chapter.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Woah, that’s not what I expected. In many aspects. Very much looking forward to how this is resolved though, it feels like a lot was set up in the chapter (lack of things to do, implication of her disappearing, and of course her getting lost).