Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

Okay is it a manga thing to sleep in clothes or is it a Japanese thing?

neither really. like my dad sleeps in a sleeveless shirt and pants all year round, and I sleep in the same attire for much of the year (pajamas in the coldest weeks of winter and pants only for the hottest months of summer being the exceptions). idk if your question is like a "why don't they sleep in pajamas or nightgowns?" kinda thing or a "why aren't they sleeping naked?" kinda thing. Like, common sense implies the former, but semanticological technicalities imply the latter.

I mean, common sense also implies the latter. How do you not overheat whilst sleeping in clothes? Especially during summer during intense heat waves which is the whole reason they're sleeping in the living room in the first place.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

There are people who don’t sleep naked? Why not? How can you get comfortable?

joined Mar 21, 2017

neither really. like my dad sleeps in a sleeveless shirt and pants all year round, and I sleep in the same attire for much of the year (pajamas in the coldest weeks of winter and pants only for the hottest months of summer being the exceptions). idk if your question is like a "why don't they sleep in pajamas or nightgowns?" kinda thing or a "why aren't they sleeping naked?" kinda thing. Like, common sense implies the former, but semanticological technicalities imply the latter.

I mean, common sense also implies the latter. How do you not overheat whilst sleeping in clothes? Especially during summer during intense heat waves which is the whole reason they're sleeping in the living room in the first place.

People take what is asked literally. If the question was "Okay is it a manga thing to sleep in clothes during the summer" then the answers might have been different.

joined Jan 6, 2017

People take what is asked literally. If the question was "Okay is it a manga thing to sleep in clothes during the summer" then the answers might have been different.

I mean, I was speaking in general. Not just summers. It's worse during summer but I don't understand how people can sleep clothed during any part of the year

joined Mar 21, 2017

I mean, I was speaking in general. Not just summers. It's worse during summer but I don't understand how people can sleep clothed during any part of the year

Each to their own i'd say. It's not a anime thing or a japanese things. Freezing cold here in NZ, i aint sleeping naked.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Each to their own i'd say. It's not a anime thing or a japanese things. Freezing cold here in NZ, i aint sleeping naked.

Adding to this conversation with my experience, I live somewhere with hot as heck summers, and I still sleep with some light clothing on. I just don't feel comfortable naked.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

As someone that lives in FL where it feel like it's 100 out even overnight... I still wear a light undershirt and a pair of boxers for bed. So I'm also in that camp of wearing stuff lol.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Opposite end of the spectrum, I live in Alaska and sleep in the nude even if it’s -40 out

joined Jan 6, 2017

^^(for reference for non-USAmericans, 100 is around 38 in real temperatures)

How are you people not dead...
I only wish I could do that. Best I can manage is a light T-shirt when it's bellow -20 outside. Even then I prefer to go without it.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 9:56PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

As a proud canadian, I'm mostly used to colder weather and even then I usually just go with a long t-shirt for sleeping. Even pyjamas are kinda stuffy for me and I can never get comfortable in them (^^)

joined Jan 14, 2020

I also note that the girls are used to having A/C in their bedrooms.

Also, all you naked sleepers... what do you do if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and you live with people you might run into? Throw on a bathrobe?

Reasons not to sleep naked:

You live with people you don't want to see you naked (or who don't want to see you naked)

Ablative sweat/skin/groin-stuff absorbing layer between you and the bedsheets, so they need to be changed less often.

You need them for warmth even with blankets and such.

joined Jan 14, 2020

A mensjournal article claims "The majority (52 percent) of Americans sleep “partially clothed” and 31 percent sleep “fully clothed.”"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/less-than-1-in-10-americans-sleep-naked-survey_n_2371448 says "Less than one in 10, or eight percent, of Americans sleep naked, according to a poll of 3,700 people by linen and home décor company Anna's Linens. Reportedly, 74 percent of Americans wear pajamas to bed, and the rest wear "something else,""

OTOH https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/09/07/study-two-thirds-millenials-sleep-nude/1225852002/ claims 2/3 of Millennial sleep nude, so who knows.

Now that I'm living alone, I'm wearing less to bed, but still wear my underwear, feels more hygienic.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

they're so cute im gonna die

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

For reference. I live in TX. It’s damn hot. Still sleep in a loose tee, underwear, and maybe some cotton shorts. I typically turn the AC down overnight so I don’t have to run it so much during the heat of the day.

joined Jul 28, 2020

I love this manga, it's always cute to see Kurumi swooning over her wifefriend, hopefully Ruriko will start being honest with herself too rather sooner than later.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I also note that the girls are used to having A/C in their bedrooms.

Also, all you naked sleepers... what do you do if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and you live with people you might run into? Throw on a bathrobe?

Reasons not to sleep naked:

You live with people you don't want to see you naked (or who don't want to see you naked)

Ablative sweat/skin/groin-stuff absorbing layer between you and the bedsheets, so they need to be changed less often.

You need them for warmth even with blankets and such.

You have underwear on and if that's not enough coverage for the bathroom trip then throw on a blanket

Clothes get saturated with sweat way faster than your bedsheets, it's not a nice thing to wake up to imo

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, I guess since others added context to their place of living, I'll just add to my post: I live in Podgorica, Montenegro, which consistently ranks among the hottest cities in Europe during summer, easily the hottest in my country. And, like, while I do go to bed and sleep with pants on as a matter of course, I will admit that that's more because I don't live alone rather than because it's particularly comfy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I live alone.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yeah it's really not that unheard of. Depending on how cold it is, I usually just wear a loose t-shirt and boyshorts/underwear

joined Mar 21, 2017

I wear pants at least, even in the summer. Some people just feel uncomfortable sleeping naked, there is no wrong or right way to sleep. At least the oc knows now that it's not just an anime/japanese thing.

last edited at Jul 4, 2022 4:14PM

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Ahh comfy

Yokoe
joined Sep 1, 2021

just wanted to mention how adorable and patient Ruriko is(she is just like a little puppy), she deserves all the love and pampering in the world!

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

They're circling closer and closer, can't wait for them to actually reach first base!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Proof that Shaqueille O'Neal is the patron saint of yuri, being also the patron saint of cooling products. And therefore yuri

joined Jul 4, 2022

That blushing over coffee was cute.

First base can't be more than a dozen chapters away.

To reply you must either login or sign up.