Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It feels like we're getting closer to admitting that she really loves Ruriko too! To herself, at least.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 9:05PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So I'm looking at the credits describing bean daifuku. OK, so it's mochi, nice enough, filled with red bean paste, OK sounds decent and fairly typical, but what makes it special? Ah "the mochi exterior is studded with goodies"! This is looking up! "most commonly either soybeans, black beans, red peas, or more red beans"--Argh. Japan, we need to have a talk about the difference between dessert and main course. Those are not "goodies".

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Here in Canada, we have various incentives and programs in place to help with work-family conciliation, but even with that there are still quite a few stumbling blocks for career oriented women with kids. As I said earlier, quite a few of my friends had to put their professional goals aside and in most cases ended up dealing with various degrees of depression/self-worth issues because of it . It's just how it is.

Here in Canada, daycare is way too expensive. As soon as someone has a second kid, daycare for two is their paycheck. It should be public and very cheap.

joined Apr 5, 2015

I'm not sure how it's handled in japan though.

In Japan,to my knowledge, it is assumed that only the woman hast the duty to take care of children and there is greater pressure for them to just quit their job after becoming a mother.

So, honestly, I do think they guy is entirely in the wrong to double down in the societal pressure instead of supporting his wife. The "being irresponsible" comment is what bothers me the most. It is one thing to make the suggestion of extending the leave because he thought there was no other choice. It is another to directly admonish his wife to wanting to work as being a bad thing.

It may be a bad thing if they can't find daycare for the kid like they said. It can be costly too. Sometimes the best financial decision is to have a stay at home parent, at least while the child is very young and needs daily supervision.

If it was just that it is fine, but that is why I got particularly bothered by the husband insulting his wife. Calling someone "irresponsible" for trying to maintain their job is, frankly appalling. It is just a really shitty thing to say in this situation. If there is no other solution due the society and culture than, sure, that sucks but I can see her abandoning her career prospects being the best alternative. But she wanting to avoid that is not "irresponsible" and shouldn't be demeaned.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Daycare for small kids is pretty much intrinsically expensive to provide, and expensive to parents unless the government subsidizes it.

Imagine a good ratio of one adult to 3 babies. Imagine each baby is charged $10,000 a year. That's a lot! But that only brings in $30,000 to pay for the caretaker's salary and overhead like the building and baby food and business taxes...

I poked into this a while back, and it seemed that part of cheap daycare in Europe is of course the government paying for it, but also part of it is accepting higher numbers of children per caretaker than US states typically allow.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Here in Canada, we have various incentives and programs in place to help with work-family conciliation, but even with that there are still quite a few stumbling blocks for career oriented women with kids. As I said earlier, quite a few of my friends had to put their professional goals aside and in most cases ended up dealing with various degrees of depression/self-worth issues because of it . It's just how it is.

Here in Canada, daycare is way too expensive. As soon as someone has a second kid, daycare for two is their paycheck. It should be public and very cheap.

Quebec gave cheap childcare! With mixed results. http://www.vox.com/2015/9/24/9391625/quebec-daycare-study

joined Apr 14, 2022

pomf

joined Jul 8, 2019

How can an actually married pair of girls be such an actual idiot couple? How?

joined Aug 15, 2019

Geez, seeing all these comments about how is expensive daycare, when here in Brazil, the city gives free daycare services, if the kid is 2 yo, it can already go there, until school starts for them at 5 yo.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

hey Ruriko, don't be shy - Kurumi needs some hugs and a lap pillow, now
because, you know, daifuku aren't going anywhere
because every pomf needs a yoshi-yoshi

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 12:51PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I couldn't agree more.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Kurumi had a bit of character growth in this chapter (17) at the end when she realizes that the "still be friends after break-up" part was entirely for herself.

She isn't willing to fully reciprocate Ruriko's feelings but wants to keep their relationship special anyway. Perhaps realizing this will be a catalyst for change.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I couldn't agree more.

yoshi-yoshi

Kobayashismile
joined Apr 7, 2021

uwaaaa these two are too adorable~ T T

joined Apr 6, 2019

uwaaaa these two are too adorable~ T T

I'd say. Sadly, their story ain't likely to happen in real life Japan, at least for now. A Japanese court has just dismissed a collective lawsuit by several same-sex couples and ruled to uphold the gay marriage ban. >:-(

https://www.rt.com/news/557485-japan-same-sex-marriage/

The district court of the city of Osaka ruled that Japan’s ban on same-sex marriage is constitutional and rejected arguments made by three same-sex couples who filed the suit, which majorly sucks.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I went into the comments of that, and instantly regretted it. Like I couldn't read more than 5. Just a cesspool of cringe. Then again, that's exactly what I expected, from what little I know of RT.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I went into the comments of that, and instantly regretted it. Like I couldn't read more than 5. Just a cesspool of cringe. Then again, that's exactly what I expected, from what little I know of RT.

Eh I think it's the usual, not different from an American forum. One person writes:

« Why is the union of two unrelated consenting adults the business of anyone but the parties involved? People should get their noses out of other people's genitals. »

Then another replies:

« They should keep their genitals out of the faces of our children. They don't stop at their own privacy, but demand that everyone affirm them or else get fired, doxxed, imprisoned or worse. »

It's a typical exchange you see everywhere, in any social network or place of debates. I've seen it, or variants thereof, a thousand times—whenever these issues are discussed.

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 3:15PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

« They should keep their genitals out of the faces of our children. They don't stop at their own privacy, but demand that everyone affirm them or else get fired, doxxed, imprisoned or worse. »

What a great reason. Then guess we'll just cancel all relationships, cause clearly any time two people are legally married, they are shoving their genitals in the faces of children everywhere. Don't get me started on pregnant women. Guess they should be restricted to their house once they're showing since they are just advertising that they had a penis cum inside them for everyone to see! The lack of logically applying their arguments to the general public astounds me.

joined Feb 1, 2021

What a great reason. Then guess we'll just cancel all relationships, cause clearly any time two people are legally married, they are shoving their genitals in the faces of children everywhere. Don't get me started on pregnant women. Guess they should be restricted to their house once they're showing since they are just advertising that they had a penis cum inside them for everyone to see! The lack of logically applying their arguments to the general public astounds me.

I mean, you're not wrong, but bear in mind you're arguing with the comment section of the propaganda arm of a warmongering autocratic regime. In fact that comment may not even be written by an actual human being.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I mean, you're not wrong, but bear in mind you're arguing with the comment section of the propaganda arm of a warmongering autocratic regime. In fact that comment may not even be written by an actual human being.

Yeah, just voicing my frustrations haha

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

In fact that comment may not even be written by an actual human being.

Riiiiiiight, because there are no human beings in America (or the rest of the world) who hate gays and believe they should be repressed and hidden from the general public. /S

joined Feb 1, 2021

In fact that comment may not even be written by an actual human being.

Riiiiiiight, because there are no human beings in America (or the rest of the world) who hate gays and believe they should be repressed and hidden from the general public. /S

Not referring to the homophobia, referring to the abundance of bot farms in certain web spaces...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, I love this.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

A relatable chapter indeed. I miss winter.

(and by winter I miss summer, but that's for future me to worry about!)

joined Feb 21, 2019

like many countries these days, Japan is seeing it's own worst ever heatwave (since records began in 1875) with high temperatures. So ya, dead air con during that would be a big F indeed

that aside, nice fluffy chapter as usual of two totally just friends being friends.

To reply you must either login or sign up.