Forum › Posts by Daremo from Parts Unknown

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

There's something I'm astonished nobody has mentioned yet:
This whole business about having to pay an indemnity for adultery is a farce and an open door for all sorts of scams. Kon is absolutely right.

Say you and your wife are shitty people and in need of money. How to make a quick buck? Easy! Send your wife to a bar and have her seduce some poor sod and sleep with him. After that, reveal that she's married, tell him you're the husband, threaten him with a lawsuit and demand settlement money. Rinse and repeat.

No wonder Kon's first thought when she heard Ai's story was that she was the victim of a fraud!

joined May 6, 2022

From the pov of manga ethics, Nanao has wronged Asumi real bad by not telling Asumi her feelings.

This is something I have seen in a zillion mangas. It's always an important plot point. Eg in the After School series (that I have been rereading because a new chapter just came out) Shiine and Ichika are "kiss friends" who meet every day after school to kiss and kiss; but Shiine is secretly in love with Ichika and doesn't tell her. When she finally admits it, she bows and apologizes a hundred times, calls herself a wretch and a scumbag, says she knows she has betrayed Ichika's trust by kissing her while hiding her real feelings, runs away crying and vows never to appear in front of Ichika again. Then Ichika must go looking for her to tell Shiine she loves her too, happy end.

I'm bringing this up because it seems a lot of posters here don't realize something that for Japanese readers is pretty obvious: that Nanao is kinda playing the role of the bad guy rn as she's tricking Asumi and wronging her (again, from a manga pov) by telling her she just wants friendly sex when in reality she wants much more.

joined May 6, 2022

Why are people saying Ayano and Miyoshi kissed? Do they mean the hug in the Mini-chapter?

There was a chapter, long ago. Don't ask me the number. It should be easy to find if you look for the right tags.

The two were in the library iirc and Ayano stole a kiss from Miyoshi while Miyoshi had her eyes covered. Then Ayano claimed she had just pressed her fingers on Miyoshi's lips to trick her, and Miyoshi called Ayano on her bullshit because fingers shmingers that had totally been a kiss.

In any other manga, this development would have resulted in a heated discussion and Ayano would have been forced to confess her love. In VE the whole thing was forgotten and never mentioned again, and readers barely remember it. :-(

joined May 6, 2022

so first Undine, now I'm guessing Ifrit. Wonder if they'll just dump the snake princess' water on her.

No no no no.
In the realm of air, we have Sylph. In the realm of water, we have Undine.
Going by that rule, the fire princess is most likely Salamander.

joined May 6, 2022

KASE-SAN!!!
When your adorable girlfriend who has a heart of gold and is as pure as a child wants to buy kigurumi pajamas for both of you to wear in a pair-look style, you indulge her! You do NOT try to dress her in sexy see-thru lingerie!

Go to horny jail, you wretch.

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 6:18PM

joined May 6, 2022

They met in high school(?) and bonded over manga and have been together seemingly for a while, but now the blonde is leaving for somewhere else and she is breaking it off even tho brunette doesn't seem eager to do so. At least that's what I took away from it.

Why would you sleep like that with someone you broke off with?

Too poor to sleep anywhere else.

Good answer.

joined May 6, 2022

joined May 6, 2022

Everyone who signs up here has an id number. You can see it in your personal page. I'm 47108. You're 89567. The smaller the number, the higher your seniority. The number 1 has been deleted, so the eldest members of the forum are omnscient0 who is id=2 (and has been inactive for five years) and Casusby who is id=3 (and is the most senior active member, admin and moderator).

where can you find your personal page? I've only ever seen manage/edit your profile

Like the above poster said, the op probably meant the page where your personal posts (all the posts authored by you) are listed. To reach it, the easiest way is to click on the number under your avatar pic that reads xxx posts:

Then you reach the page where all the posts under your name are listed together, and if you look at the http address of the page...

You'll see that the address ends with id=29405 which is Meursault's id number as a forum member.

You can check the listed messages of any poster, not just yours, by clicking on the "number of posts" line under the avatar pic. And at the same time find their id number.

joined May 6, 2022

Of all the works from this author I think I like this the most. The great Jahy was/is a bit too messy to enjoy for me and Prima feels like it got axed before it got good.

I don't know about that. I wouldn't swear that this one wasn't axed.

It looks to me that Konbu Wakame had a lot more to tell. She had set the foundation for many future developments, eg with Akira. And then, suddenly, The End? Very sus.

joined May 6, 2022

Oh noes, a guy who doesn't care if she makes silly faces or yells or rolls on the ground has appeared.

He only cares about her looks. All that crazy stuff? He'll probably think it means she's "interesting."

THIS GUY

HAS ARRIVED

joined May 6, 2022

It's a really old joke: a woman (or somebody passing as one) tries to get rid of a pesky suitor by making herself odious -- only to get him even more excited. I've seen it in tons of manga series, anime and games. And even in Western media! (As Joe E. Brown told Jack Lemmon, nobody's perfect.)

One of the best comedy movie scenes ever.

Here's the complete conversation in Gif format (too much to post image by image):

https://vintage-cinema.tumblr.com/post/97921054869/osgood-im-gonna-level-with-you-we-cant-get

joined May 6, 2022

Whew that agent was quite dedicated to her job, almost too much eh
But I guess it means Rose & Benika are safe for now?

"For now" being the key word here. Hints suggest it won't last long.

joined May 6, 2022
84256206_p1

Sleeping? The blushes and sweatdrops make me doubt it.

joined May 6, 2022

Is 'metard' some fancy new slang?

The metard is the guy who enjoys fiction the way Charles Babbage enjoyed music.

If you think that’s what that post said, you are as clueless as you always sound.

He most likely refers to your complete works rather than this bit of writing.

joined May 6, 2022

They didn't say "comment". They said "justify yourself or criticize others". Because there's nothing to justify or criticize in your fictional tastes. You need to work on those reading skills. Work on that pointless aggressivity, too.
I don't know what it is with this manga that makes some people lash madly in all directions.

No, but they did say commenters and "justify yourself or criticize others" is something that, i suspect, happens entirely in those "comments". So i think my reading skills are just fine actully lol.

Aaand it's confirmed: this guy doesn't understand English. Of all the pointless things mentioned, the most pointless one is talking to him.

We already had Alternative Math to teach us that 2 + 2 = 22 if you only believe it, now we have Alternative English to teach us that syntax doesn't matter, words mean what you want them to mean and nobody is ever wrong.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 4:19PM

joined May 6, 2022

The entire band being girls who like girls is a bigger a stretch, or would be if they were thrown together at random.

One or two were bi or gay, the others were experimenting.

At that age, and being in a position where relationships with boys are absolutely forbidden, it wouldn't be so strange that, if an extremely cool and attractive girl offers sex, they would be tempted to give it a try.

joined May 6, 2022

My take comes from the Western movie Unforgiven:

“Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.”

Hiroko is by now as likeable a character as sheriff "Little Bill" Daggett.

We shall wait and see what happens. Hiroko is supposed to win, as she's a title character and the author has invested so much in her; so no matter how badly she messes up or hurts Ayaka, in theory all will be forgiven and she'll obviously be Ayaka's endgame. In theory. But, then again, sheriff Daggett and his large posse of gunmen should have killed Will Munny with ease, and yet Will faced all of them alone and won... so the obvious thing doesn't always happen. Maybe Risa has what it takes to bring down "Little Bill" Hiroko. We shall wait and see.

joined May 6, 2022

oh no a yuri zombie virus AND IT'S TRANSMITTED MOUTH TO MOUTH.

But a yuri zombie kissing plague is non-consensual yuri.

Yes, viruses are famous for not asking for your consent before infecting you.

joined May 6, 2022

Thank you man, your comment was a breath of fresh air.

Fresh? There's nothing more stale in Dynasty forum than rants telling that cheating is bad. Did you even read the thread?

What she wants with Yuni is more platonic sisters than lovers—like in a yuri story from 30 years ago. No lesbian woman in modern yuri can be expected to put up with that shit.

This.

joined May 6, 2022

Liked the reference at Minna Watashi no Hara no Naka. Cttoi it's been more than half a year since I last read a translated chapter. Wonder if Knight Heron dropped it?

joined May 6, 2022

I've seen many idiot couples, I've seen some unredeemable idiots, but Akari-chan really takes the idiot cake.

Her friend has all the right to be pissed at her. If it was me, I'd grab a big stick and do that Buddhist thing you do to wayward disciples: I'll bop her on the head real hard to make her achieve enlightenment.

joined May 6, 2022

When you're an adult and you can't sleep, you don't drink hot milk!

You drink tequila until you pass out.

I recommend good stout old brandy. Or rye whiskey.

joined May 6, 2022

Ah, this was a really touching chapter.

I actually cried a little.
Don't let society crush your dreams and turn you into a bitter and cynical thing they call adult.

joined May 6, 2022

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

Thank you so much! You're the bestest!!

joined May 6, 2022

Pale yellow bra and grey panties? What a horrible combination.

Airi should kick her ass for her awful taste in lingerie. I know I would.

Airi has plenty of other reasons to kick her ass.