Forum › Our Date That One Night discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Gay makes everything okay.

OMFG you have just come up with our motto!!!!!!!!!

This is what we will write on the flag of Dynasty!!! This is what we we will quote from now on every time some priggish idiot writes a comment to bellyache about cheating or noncon or underage sex in manga!!!

GAY MAKES EVERYTHING OKAY

Hahaha.

We already had the Japanized MST3K Mantra: 'It's just a manga, I should really just relax.'

Now we have the Dynasty Mantra.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I usually find the people complaining about those bothered by a story more annoying than those who are bothered by a story but hey, if you wanna use the "Gay Makes Everything Okay" mantra, go for it I guess.

Just try not to bring it up all the time please, it does get tiring

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I usually find the people complaining about those bothered by a story more annoying than those who are bothered by a story but hey, if you wanna use the "Gay Makes Everything Okay" mantra, go for it I guess.

Just try not to bring it up all the time please, it does get tiring

Too late for that, pal. :)

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Wait, her name is Hoshino Nao? "Sincere about the stars?" Really?

Anyway, getting a load of Spica's daily life totally makes you understand why some girls would throw away the suit together and run away from big city's corporate hell.

You know what, this is the thing about TATST that makes it different and so much better: the 2 mcs choose to leave the "normal job" life behind and run! Usually manga about corporate workers show the soulless dreary grind, all-day pressure, bullying, hours of unpaid overtime, hours of train commute, 4 hours sleep a day, with a sort of fatalistic humor and 'it can't be helped' attitude. And this manga reads along these lines. In TATST the girls saw that life as the hell it really is and very reasonably they got away from it all. It would've been so great if Spica had chosen to leave her job and go live with Hoshino in her hometown and help with her work!

joined Jul 21, 2020

It would've been so great if Spica had chosen to leave her job and go live with Hoshino in her hometown and help with her work!

But who would have designed the poster then?

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Such a beautiful story

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Due to the resolution, can/has anyone translated the mirrored Latin on page 18?

Edit: Also possibly the same text (also mirrored Latin) on page 48

last edited at May 31, 2022 8:55PM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Due to the resolution, can/has anyone translated the mirrored Latin on page 18?

Edit: Also possibly the same text (also mirrored Latin) on page 48

It's nonsense text used as a placeholder so that actual words aren't a distraction when evaluating a design.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

joined Apr 14, 2022

I want to get kidnapped and taken stargazing by a gay girl

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I've tried to read this three times now. I just can't bring myself to give a crap about stars.

Noobgaymerjooj
Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Oh I love stargazing, if the place has a clean sky with little to no light pollution it could be a good tourism spot for astronomy enthusiasts, maybe renting some telescopes at certain nights for astronomic events for those who can't bring their own would be cool too(although they're quite expensive so idk how that would work)

Lovely story nonetheless, really cute and wholesome

joined Jan 14, 2020

Stargazing is one of the few things I wish I had a driver's license for. Go get out of the city.

joined Feb 17, 2018

I want to get kidnapped and taken stargazing by a gay girl

Seriously, I've always wanted to go see what it's like away from light pollution, kyaa kyaa-ing with a gay woman is icing on top

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like this a lot. Made me think about how to balance enjoying life vs maximizing gains.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Well, that's... breathtaking.
Simple concept, but done wonderfully. Loved this one.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

motherfucker, a "low energy job" lets you sleep four hours a night after commute?

Jesus on a tricycle

Japan Capitalism

FIFY

capitalism can be a fuck, but it's often not 4 hours of sleep for a single job fuck

that takes Japan work culture

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

A 2.5 hour drive in the middle of the night with work in the morning? Yamada is a lot more forgiving than I am lol.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I went to a college in the middle of nowhere and honestly, stargazing was the easiest and best first date move lol

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

A 2.5 hour drive in the middle of the night with work in the morning? Yamada is a lot more forgiving than I am lol.

She got a super cute girlfriend out of it though, so it was worth it.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

To be fair she did feign interest in stargazing and even said she wanted to go when the forecast predicted rain, so half way between abduction and spontaneous trip.

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Remember kids: This is why you make sure that if you're not interested, you say so instead of beating around the bush.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Remember kids: This is why you make sure that if you're not interested, you say so instead of beating around the bush.

naw, clearly the strat is to feign interest and then be swept away by a maniac love interest who makes you fall in love for real

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I come back to this one every once in a while. This is really one of my all-time favorite little vignettes.

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

Good thing it's a cute manga because that was a straight up kidnap lol.
But otherwise it's always nice to see fluffiness in an otherwise cold environment.

To reply you must either login or sign up.