Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

a fun subversion of the "do you have someone you like" because normally they say yes and the one asking gets depressed about it because they can't fathom that the "someone else" is them.

Here though we have "no" and Minami gets real happy about it because to her it means she has a chance

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, go get your girl!

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I burst out laughing at the front page. She's writing on the blackboard their names Yuzu and Minami under a love umbrella, and it seems someone—like a paparazzo, lol—arrived and caught her on the act! So she trying to block the view with her hand while yelling something, most likely half-assed excuses like "No! No pictures! This is not what it's look like!" XDD It's an hilarious visual summary of her present mental state..

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Gayface Crooked Smile Thats Lesbian

V_20180709_170231347920091
joined Jul 15, 2018

My heart cant take this much fluff!!! So adorable!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Ah, this is a special challenge: how do you seduce your childhood friend if you are already acting like a couple anyway? I can see it happening that Minami snuggles up to her or something and Yuzu is just like "ah, just as we always do, isn't it nice to have such wonderful platonic friendship?"

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Lol this is cute, hope it doesn't go downhill like many other series.

joined Feb 1, 2021

"Yes, I know we eat together, bathe together, and sleep together, and I fix her hair and help her dress and wake up in the morning, and she sits on my lap and instinctively understands when I've been acting different, but how do we become a couple?"

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

"Yes, I know we eat together, bathe together, and sleep together, and I fix her hair and help her dress and wake up in the morning, and she sits on my lap and instinctively understands when I've been acting different, but how do we become a couple?"

Clearly, the difference to her is that a 'couple' does lewd things, and she doesn't want to imagine her friend doing lewd things with someone else, and her losing access to said friend.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh, we had another Yuzu but now she is the target not the mc, lol

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Get your girl, YEEEEEEESSSSS

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

A good choice

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As far as I can tell, there's about a 0% chance their feelings aren't mutual.

joined May 29, 2021

This seems like it’s gonna be a short manga. I don’t mind that of course. I just don’t see this being sustainable at this pace for more than a few more chapters.

joined Aug 29, 2019

As far as I can tell, there's about a 0% chance their feelings aren't mutual.

Well yes, but maybe not instantly. My guess would be that Yuzu is about as "in love" with Minami as Minami was in love with Yuzu 48 hours earlier. She loves her, but hasn't realized that it'd be cool if it were romantic instead of platonic. I wouldn't mind being wrong and you being right in the slightest, though.
Barring conveniently inconvenient events that prevent either Minami from coming forward about it or Yuzu from responding, I see some rather quick development for this first step.
I'd love it if Yuzu weren't instantly "realizing a huge crush on Minami", but instead if she was plainly open to the idea and willing to see where that road goes. Now where have I seen that kind of dynamic before... (even if it was anything but childhood friends there).

last edited at May 28, 2022 5:07PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

go get ya gwrl

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

cute as hell

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I really like how quickly this is moving! Obviously, it's likely there's going to be some slowdown for Hijinks, but the fact that Chapter 1 had her realize her feelings and Chapter 2 ended with her determined to go for it is promising, since so many series wait until nearly the end before they get to even the first one.

joined Apr 14, 2022

this is great and all but I can't get over the wedding bell sfx being "ding dong", like it's just a door bell lmao

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

this is great and all but I can't get over the wedding bell sfx being "ding dong", like it's just a door bell lmao

Haha. I think the Japanese sound effect for large church-like bells is "don don don" (at least it was in Utena) so I'm not sure what would be the best translation... I guess "dong dong dong" is perhaps the most natural one?

(inb4 now someone will joke about the vulgar slang meaning of 'dong' and how there's no such thing in a marriage between girls... )

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Just started this today... and instant bookmark

last edited at May 28, 2022 11:12PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Yes, yes just sleep it off, I'm sure your gay thoughts will be gone in the morning.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

When I read ch1 before, I haven't yet learned of the real life sheep shearing lesbian couple who have known each other since they were 3, becoming childhood best friends, becoming a couple in HS, graduating in the same HS and college, getting married, and started working on their own business that they both love. I can only imagine how it went and this manga is chef's kiss.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Bet she's a bo'om

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Yuzu probably knows something is up. "I can tell right away. It's you we're talking about." If Yuzu is smart as we were told, and the two are this close, and Minami continues to be this expressive, then Yuzu might notice how much Minami is lying and blushing.

I really hope Yuzu isn't a planetary-sized airhead, we've seen that countless times.

To reply you must either login or sign up.