Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Regarding being clueless about sex, are lesbians just naturally excellent at sex?

What? They're not?!
I've been living a lie...

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Regarding being clueless about sex, are lesbians just naturally excellent at sex?

What? They're not?!

I can assure you, our sex lifes are generally as average as yours. Disappointing, I know :-P

last edited at May 5, 2022 5:54PM

joined Apr 28, 2019

Umm..what just happened? lmfaoo

Yatsude_ohmy_50_2
joined Dec 22, 2020

I disagree that this is what is happening in this story. Just because she's considered herself straight her whole life doesn't mean she can't discover she's not now. And if a hot coworker confessing to her is what it takes for her to go "hey, maybe I do actually like women too" then so what? Everyone's journey is different. Some people just can't imagine how they'd feel about something until they are actually in that situation.

I remember hearing a story about this actually happening to a 40-year-old woman.

It's nowhere near as big of a shift as realizing you're gay, but something similar happened to me. I realized, years after having met a person, that I had a crush on them since we first met. It was just after hearing they had broken up with their long-time partner. I realized it, and then realized I had been subconsciously avoiding thinking about it until that moment.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

What? They're not?!

I can assure you, our sex lifes are generally as average as yours. Disappointing, I know :-P

Truly disappointing, indeed... And I had such high hopes for myself too

(I'm joking of course)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

That was an ominous end to an otherwise up beat chapter. It's got me a bit concerned but there isn't a Drama or an Aaagnst tag, on the series, so how dark can it get.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Oh no, it’s going to angst path... I would be pissed if it’ll really end in a sad note.

joined Mar 14, 2021

I disagree that this is what is happening in this story. Just because she's considered herself straight her whole life doesn't mean she can't discover she's not now. And if a hot coworker confessing to her is what it takes for her to go "hey, maybe I do actually like women too" then so what? Everyone's journey is different. Some people just can't imagine how they'd feel about something until they are actually in that situation.

I remember hearing a story about this actually happening to a 40-year-old woman.

It's nowhere near as big of a shift as realizing you're gay, but something similar happened to me. I realized, years after having met a person, that I had a crush on them since we first met. It was just after hearing they had broken up with their long-time partner. I realized it, and then realized I had been subconsciously avoiding thinking about it until that moment.

Yeah I know of multiple women who have been married and had kids with a man only to later in life, after divorcing said man, find out they are much happier with another woman.

And I took 20 years to realize I liked girls, which compared to 40 isn't a lot but looking back, it feels like it shouldn't have taken so long lol. I do think it has something to do with exposure tho, because what made me realize it was listening to a lesbian on a podcast. I had a lot of the same opinions and feelings as her about things and it made me go "huh... Wait a minute." And then all the pieces throughout my life just kinda clicked into place, like "ohhhh that's why"

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

AshtheFan posted:

Yeah I know of multiple women who have been married and had kids with a man only to later in life, after divorcing said man, find out they are much happier with another woman.

And I took 20 years to realize I liked girls, which compared to 40 isn't a lot but looking back, it feels like it shouldn't have taken so long lol. I do think it has something to do with exposure tho, because what made me realize it was listening to a lesbian on a podcast. I had a lot of the same opinions and feelings as her about things and it made me go "huh... Wait a minute." And then all the pieces throughout my life just kinda clicked into place, like "ohhhh that's why"

I knew someone in highschool whose father had been married to their mother like 20 years and had three kids with her only to realize he was gay. Interestingly enough, he'd spent most of those 20 years as a pastor too. And then there's my grandfather. (Who had four children and was married for around 25-30 years.) We don't know for sure since he's no longer around but we're pretty sure he was either a closeted homosexual or bisexual due to various subtle clues such as my mom discovering a dildo in his room after he died and at one point when I was fairly young (around the age of 10-11 years old or so?) I accidentally caught him looking at a pic of some nude buff guy on his computer. This sort of thing is actually a lot more common than most people seem to realize.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Communication, nice.

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

I just wish for them to be a happy couple :)

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ONLY 3 CHAPTERS !? WHY GAWD WHYYYYY

joined May 3, 2014

ONLY 3 CHAPTERS !? WHY GAWD WHYYYYY

wait, is this the end of the story???? it doesn’t look like even tho I don’t see the status of the story as on-going :/

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Oh this is going to be a short one. I kinda like that since it means we won't get a lot of the troupes that drag things out. I'm all here for this.

um, how can u drag someone who is not a lesbian into a lesbian relationship? Especially the person is clueless about the sex part...and later trying to learn. That would be like how do you drag a lesbian into an honest het relationship who is not interested or know the sex part.

She is attracted to women. She even says "it's precisely because Takagai's a woman that she's attractive"

It's been implied that at one point she had feelings for another woman/was in some kind of a relationship with another woman, but the other woman ended up leaving her for a guy and getting pregnant. This is why she's so uncertain about starting up a relationship with Takagai. Plus her own "gotta find a guy so I can get married and have kids" thing is your classic comphet.

I'd like to say though, she can be inexperienced and still attracted to women. Having experience with sex doesn't make you more or less of a lesbian, or anything else for that matter.
I think it is the other way around if I still remember the rest of the manga. The guy whom she dated left her for a younger woman.
I guess you may be right about the sex part, but I still am not sure because Shiina seemed to be literally clueless (you will see that in the next chapter or so, and desperate to know).

My personal experience may or may not be common with yall. I was not sure what I liked in sex was "normal" at all, I ended up reading a major gay magazine one day, and found the answer in a sex question column. Turned out sexually I am 100% fine. I do not have to like everything. In fact, I do not have to like anything.
So Plutonic love does exist. Although I think one should at least like skinship...

last edited at May 7, 2022 9:22AM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I get that this may be Japanese culture but- 33 AINT EVEN THAT OLD. I'm still pretty young myself and will joke around saying "0mG 30 iS sOooo oLd~ I lOvE AnciEnt ArtifaCts~". But the amount of times I've seen people in Manga who're 28-34 consider themselves "old" is just so odd to me lmao

joined Jan 14, 2020

So Plutonic love does exist. Although I think one should at least like skinship...

Platonic, not Plutonic.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Platonic, not Plutonic.

plutonic
/pluːˈtɒnɪk/
adjective
GEOLOGY
relating to or denoting igneous rock formed by solidification at considerable depth beneath the earth's surface.
relating to the underworld or the god Pluto.

I'm sure there's some kinda love like that out there as well xD

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I want plutonic yuri now

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I get that this may be Japanese culture but- 33 AINT EVEN THAT OLD. I'm still pretty young myself and will joke around saying "0mG 30 iS sOooo oLd~ I lOvE AnciEnt ArtifaCts~". But the amount of times I've seen people in Manga who're 28-34 consider themselves "old" is just so odd to me lmao

It is if you want to have babies of your own…women over the age of 35 have increased risk of complications during pregnancy and childbirth. Sooo…yeah understandable concern if you are dating with that intention.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I want plutonic yuri now

Where can I sign that petition?

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I want plutonic yuri now

I volunteer as tribute.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

wait a minute....

"[yuri]...formed by solidification at considerable depth beneath the ... surface."

...isn't that just gay pining? :D

joined Mar 20, 2012

It is if you want to have babies of your own…women over the age of 35 have increased risk of complications during pregnancy and childbirth. Sooo…yeah understandable concern if you are dating with that intention.

I see men marrying over 40 all the time, but for women there is the dreaded biological clock, it sucks if you want to have children later in life, if you reach 40 it becomes very dangerous to have the children yourself, after 35 it's already a high risk pregnancy.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I see men marrying over 40 all the time, but for women there is the dreaded biological clock, it sucks if you want to have children later in life, if you reach 40 it becomes very dangerous to have the children yourself, after 35 it's already a high risk pregnancy.

Why human reproductive biology works in this rather unusual fashion is something of a major question in evolutionary biology, btw.

joined May 25, 2020

That was an ominous end to an otherwise up beat chapter. It's got me a bit concerned but there isn't a Drama or an Aaagnst tag, on the series, so how dark can it get.

there were some works that got aaagnst and drama added to them later on. dont count on it

To reply you must either login or sign up.