Forum › I Wish Her Love Could Come True discussion

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Welp, I went and read the raws, and overall I thought it was pretty unsatisfying. Nothing ever happens between the MC and her friend because the manga was axed, and the only kiss we get is a forced kiss with the dude.

So yeah, not very satisfying.

Why even bother translating a series that was axed before it's time I'm not complaining, I'm genuinely asking

I translate what I want. That it'd be popular or anger people has no bindings to it.

And it was NOT axed. It has a proper ending and a bonus chapter.

Don't believe everything that's written on the Internet kids.

This thread is starting to be seriously annoying, because people are writing out of their a**.

last edited at Apr 19, 2022 2:31AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If people didn't scanlate series that were axed... no one would scanlate anything ever! Every series ends at some point, and it's a very rare exception to the rule that the author rather than the editorial department makes that decision. You'd think that with it being the norm authors would figure out how to be prepared to cut to a satisfying ending on short notice, but if David Lynch couldn't even figure it out then I guess the rest of the world gets a pass.

I'm all in for a shoujo blast from the past.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

spicy

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

not sure if the author wanted to convey how much Yoh loved Misaki or how extreme her crush could get… either way this was uncomfortable to read .. i hope stuff like this is dropped in future chapters?

joined Mar 5, 2019

I’m wondering how many people feel compelled to go into the comments of mystery stories in order to say, “OMG, you guys—murder is wrong! Don’t do this at home!” Or, “Detectives need to do things by the book, and not dole out justice by their own tough code of the streets! This is not right!”

And maybe waiting to see how Yoh’s actions are treated in subsequent chapters might yield a clue as to the author’s intentions.

Well... It would depend on how the manga treated the murder and/or how they treated the investigation. I'm sure plenty of people take offense to manga portraying murder as okay, or manga portraying a detective skipping the rules to take revenge or accuse someone without evidence.

I've always hated this attitude of "it's fiction, don't criticize the bad parts". It's a lazy persons way of trying to ignore any discussion that could be had on what makes the fiction bad, or what makes it good. It's the same kind of attitude that let so many LGBT stories in history force the "gays can't be happy because it's immoral" narrative. The Hays Code was successful because those who weren't affected were apathetic, and those who could be affected were just glad there was any kind of representation. Fiction is allowed to be criticized, and using an reductio ad absurdum argument to try to justify telling people to shut up is just crude and lazy.

last edited at May 4, 2022 2:27PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

The dude actually has a photo shoot at his school during school hours wearing his uniform and the story plays this straight, no pun intended, zero irony. This manga seems like it came straight out of the 2000s. I love it.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

On god this is SO shoujo it's extremely funny. I mean we already had yuri manga that were literally shoujo published in shoujo magazines but this magazine is like, the most trashy thing ever it looks like. I feel the cringe. I embrace the cringe. Please tell me there's a school festival chapter

Edit: Also it's pretty common for stories to include murder and be all like "fuck yeah murder" just because. It's like watching a train wreck that doesn't destroy a train, cargo, or people's lives. There's a problem when it's published for a certain demographic that can misinterpret it like this one is but like, we are not that demographic and are pirating it anyway

last edited at May 4, 2022 2:35PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've always hated this attitude of "it's fiction, don't criticize the bad parts".

Way to miss the entire point, which has been spelled out explicitly here before.

What's being criticized is the inevitable spate of "Don't do this in real life!" warnings, as if readers are moral infants who if they see, for example, non-consensual groping of a sleeper, will assume that it must be acceptable real-life behavior because they saw it in a manga somewhere.

If such bloviating were simply people showing off their moral superiority it would just be tedious, but it's also pernicious as a form of criticism because it ignores the specific context of the text in favor of moralizing generalizations.

canihavekith
142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

how do you guys interpret the look on misaki's face when yoh told her she liked her? i feel like it was hurt stemming from being seemingly presented with false hope. some part of me suspects she likes the dude because of his strong resemblance to yoh. that he's the closest she can come to loving her. but idk this is just hopeful conjecture. also the guy is upsettingly charming and i kind of want to root for him, which is frustrating

joined May 17, 2019

Thanks for updating this series, it's very interesting and I like all the characters so far (yes even the guy). Looking forward for more updates! Thank you for your hard work!

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I'm really glad to see the sequel translated, thank you!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay, so while I noticed he was in love with Yoh, it also seems like he's one of those "I like you because you're the only person who dislikes me" and like that's literally the only reason you shouldn't like someone. Like really though, some people before me said that this is very shoujo reminiscent and it sure is. It sure is taking every part of shoujo that I dislike and putting it here.

Ah well. by sheer virtue of Yoh being in love with Misaki already we'll probably be able to avoid the worst part of it so I guess it's fine.

last edited at May 4, 2022 4:25PM

joined Jul 22, 2020

Finally! I've been wanting to read this for a while but all the translations I could find were really bad quality.
This looks awesome thanks!!

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So, it was never axed and the haters are just bullshitting.

Chill, dude. No one was hating on this. I only said this was axed because that's how it looked to me. I mean, if chapter 28 is the intended ending, that's a surprise because there's no conclusion in chapter 28. You don't have to believe me, just go read it yourself. The raws aren't hard to find.

Maybe the bonus charter gives it some sort of conclusion. I don't know. But my point is simply that the ending from the serialization was inconclusive and unsatisfying. That's not hating

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Chill, dude. No one was hating on this. I only said this was axed because that's how it looked to me. I mean, if chapter 28 is the intended ending, that's a surprise because there's no conclusion in chapter 28. You don't have to believe me, just go read it yourself. The raws aren't hard to find.

Maybe the bonus charter gives it some sort of conclusion. I don't know. But my point is simply that the ending from the serialization was inconclusive and unsatisfying. That's not hating

While it may look like the ending did not have a conclusion, that doesn't mean the series was axed. Axed by definition means that the series was cancelled due to lack of sales/popularity/not meeting expectations which often result in rushed endings or inconclusive endings. Saying it was axed could lead to others thinking of this definition rather than your interpretation of an inconclusive ending which results in others thinking you were making up a lie with the motivation of hating the manga.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

oh so now it’s selfcest

joined Sep 6, 2018

28 chapters and no resolution!?? I’m out.

The antagonist MC is a moron anyways. I mean, laughing off a sincere confession as a joke after a kabedon is a stroke of stupidity.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Comment section can be a lot more entertaining than the manga itself at times

joined Aug 21, 2017

Comment section can be a lot more entertaining than the manga itself at times

Touch grass instead of inanely arguing with strangers online challenge 2022 impossible

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Still bullshit: there are only 12 chapters (13 with the bonus one).

And while the end isn't clear cut, like, "and they lived happily ever after and had many science babies", its does end with Misaki "not being against the idea" so it's a positive ending, even if not as definite as some people would like.

Besides, it's been published in a pure shoujo magazine (and it looks like it's one of the rare, if not the only, yuri work in that magazine), so the tropes, tone and aesthetic are to be expected.

As usual: don't like it, don't read it.

last edited at May 5, 2022 7:06AM

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Ah. I'm at the edge of my seat.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Well this was uncomfortable

joined Sep 11, 2019

hard facepalm after reading the chapter

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Still bullshit: there are only 12 chapters (13 with the bonus one).

And while the end isn't clear cut, like, "and they lived happily ever after and had many science babies", its does end with Misaki "not being against the idea" so it's a positive ending, even if not as definite as some people would like.

Besides, it's been published in a pure shoujo magazine (and it looks like it's one of the rare, if not the only, yuri work in that magazine), so the tropes, tone and aesthetic are to be expected.

As usual: don't like it, don't read it.

You're just making all the wrong assumptions. I didn't say I didn't like it. I said the ending was inconclusive and I still think it is. That been said, I did like it, which is why I hoped the bonus chapter would give it some sort of conclusion.

Also, maybe they grouped the 28 chapters into 12 for the tankobon, but it was published online in 28 parts as you can see here:

https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/13933686331779315286

Now I hope we can end this pointless argument here, because I'm not hating on the manga.

last edited at May 5, 2022 5:50PM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Ahh this is goin right in the favorites section of my heart! Love a cool tomboy friend

To reply you must either login or sign up.