Forum › Posts by SommeOne

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

I know this is clearly supposed to be a love triangle... But it's so unbalanced that the love triangle tag almost feels misleading

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

The dreamer is implied to be living in the modern era and too young to be Mihoko.

Oh yeah, the TVs!!! Good catch!

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

So, since Hana Monogatari was referenced in this manga... Does anyone know if there's an English translation of Hana Monogatari (or any efforts to translate it)?

This is making me really curious about the contents of the anthogy, particularly Sweet Pea

joined Jul 15, 2021

great ending! fuck that one guy though

She did.

I was not prepared for that response lmao

joined Jul 15, 2021

Oh my god what was that ending??? I am so thoroughly confused and shocked

joined Jul 15, 2021

with how fast this is going by chapter 5 they will have already moved into a house together

Finally... The U-Haul lesbian manga we deserve

joined Jul 15, 2021

That little side comment at the end, "There's nothing better than seeing something put where it belongs." is just chef's kiss.

It really sums up the energy of the chapter, I love that comment so much

joined Jul 15, 2021

I got so worried at the introduction of the love potion... Elsa's probably going to have a hard time building back trust, but I'm really glad she's actually thinking about the consequences of using it!

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

Hi! You did the 2 chapters of translation for Colorless Girl, right?

Because I'm in Canada, I can't access the official English release of the manga. I was wondering if there is some way for me to pay you to buy it and send me a copy (or something like that... The website requires an American address and a credit card registered to that address if you want to buy manga... Which I don't have.)

I would be happy to PayPal you the money for the manga :)

All the best,

SommeOne

joined Jul 15, 2021

I am loving Nanao and how she has no idea what is going on. I wonder if she will find out about the service and try it out. I am also assuming she will do a joint deal with Asumi one day.

She's going to assume that Asumi is the prostitute, and try to hire her after several pages of working up the courage to ask. Just you watch.

God damn, this dude with the hard read

joined Jul 15, 2021

Huh... They sure did name their daughter Meme didn't they...

joined Jul 15, 2021

That absolutely blew me away. I'm still amazing that they never denied Matoi's asexuality when she fell in love with a girl, and I'm so amazed that they just didn't get together.

Everything down to Yuriko going through the classic aroace experience of "Well, I have no reason NOT to date this person, and she IS my best friend, so maybe I should just give it a try?" And Matoi catching on to the fact that she's forcing herself to fit that mold.

I'm honestly mostly blown away that, despite knowing the Yuriko is explicitly aroace based on the table at the end of volume 3, I still somehow believed they would get together because of how romance-coded the entire manga is... And I almost felt like I was personally called out for my assumptions at the end (but not in a preachy way, a good way that came naturally from the good writing!)

This might genuinely be one of my favourite manga I've every read!

joined Jul 15, 2021

Welp, I was going to give this a try, but noped the hell out when she tried to molest her in bed... There's nothing wrong with depicting that in a story, but I don't know how well it'll be handled, and it's a bit too much for me

... I might still read it for the directional Love triangle, but that was really off-putting :/

last edited at May 6, 2022 4:27PM

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

Hard agree the Ren and the mom are exes, but I'm wondering if Youzi has realized that? I feel like she's either naively or willingly turning a blind eye to that possibility in order to push for, what she thinks, is an obvious answer to the current situation.

joined Jul 15, 2021

What?!
End?!
END?!
WHAT??????

joined Jul 15, 2021

Wow, this character was introduced one chapter ago and now they're going to live together. That sure moved at blazing speed.

The only reason that there isn't a U-Haul in this chapter is because the company hasn't opened a branch in Japan yet.

TRUE

joined Jul 15, 2021

Wow, this character was introduced one chapter ago and now they're going to live together. That sure moved at blazing speed.

Lesbians only have 2 speed settings:
1. Flirt for years without making any progress
2. Move in between the first and second date

last edited at Feb 5, 2022 2:44AM

joined Jul 15, 2021

I came to the comment section to see if another chapter was on the horizon, since the first two were so enjoyable...

I'll be honest, I'm genuinely amazed by how mad people are about these two chapters of a manga

SommeOne
Past Future discussion 05 Dec 21:34
joined Jul 15, 2021

This was a cute/fun read... Most of the way through...

As a non-binary person, that ending sounds like the literal worst possible scenario

joined Jul 15, 2021

So, wait, does anyone know who those two girls from the bonus chapter are? Are they brand new characters, or are they from something else?

joined Jul 15, 2021

I read the rest and this series is really great!! I love the genuine positivity anout having small breasts, it's amazing to see!

That being said, I'm still genuinely offended that they told her the wrong size bra in a manga about lingerie!

joined Jul 15, 2021

This is a really cool manga! That being said, there is a major problem with the sizing in chapter 1!

There's a problem with the EU bra sizing system, where the band's are actually made 10cm too big, and you end up with a smaller cup size than you should. This matches the +4 practice that is common at EVERY SONGLE RETAIL LINGERIE STORE WITHOUT EXCEPTION where, in UK or US sizes, they will tell you a band size that is 4 sizes too high, and a cup size that is (at least) 2 sizes too low.

In reality, Umemiya Ran (our main character) should be a 55D (or a 26D in the US or UK systems) instead of the 65A/30A she was told.

You might notice that her underbust measured 65.5cm, which is equal to about 26.1 inches. The UK system is the more popular with with people in the ABTF (A Bra That Fits) community because the proper band size actually matches your underbust measurement.

The rest of their advice is still 100% true, though, including the actual method for measurement, just not the final size!

If you want to know more about this stuff, I very highly recommend looking up A Bra That Fits! There's a wonderful Reddit community and Discord with people who know way more than I do!

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 10:27PM

joined Jul 15, 2021

that "too" in "you want to become a woman too, don't you" is interesting to me to say the least, I wonder how this is going to continue

I think it might be an issue where they wouldn't be able to baseball (or, at the very least, they wouldn't be able to play with the school team.)

joined Jul 15, 2021

It's always nice to see Ikeda Takashi doing Ikeda Takashi things. I'm sure the focus will get back to Elly and Wanko before too long, but I really don't know where he's going with Tamago Onii-san and I'm curious to see.

TAMAGO ONII-SAN!!!

SommeOne
joined Jul 15, 2021

Honestly, this whole thing just made me repeatedly ask "why the hell would anyone write this"... But those last 3 pages were REALLY well done.

That ending especially was genuinely badass! I can see why all the exposition was needed to make that moment hit properly (honestly, it really feels like the entire story was just in service of that moment, so I'm happy with it ending on that powerful declaration!)

Still have no idea why they wrote an omegaverse Yuri manga at all, though.