Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Don't. That knife was not meant for hurting people. PLEASE do not.

Have more faith in the author's stated vision, me lad.

I appreciate how appropriate your profile picture looks next to your post.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perry is the perfect song for this manga.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perry is the perfect song for this manga.

Personally I prefer to listen to silence when I read great works. Unless it's an epic Mass Effect, Stellaris or One Punch Man fanfic.

Tho a song I would listen to after reading a new chapter would probably be Lost Among Stars (feat. Linnéa Lindwall)
by U137. For the triumphant instruments, and the soothness/softness of the voices. Tho I think it also works with the moment, right after that cliffhanger, when Evie got that ticket and was super happy.

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 7:01AM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

um...UM...that was darker than I was expecting, holy crap. I know Elsa's wildly in love with Evie but...I'd like to see how they story their way out of this one.

Edit: I realize that the shoe had to drop on this at some point, but dang they went about it in a big way.

last edited at May 1, 2022 9:08PM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

YES! It finally took the turn that I was hoping. Being a relationship with someone who "just has to hurt you sometimes"... YESSSS. I'M A SICKO I'M HERE FOR IT

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh so we don't actually get to see what happened, we get a nightmare to allude to something real bad, and an injury so we know something happened but not exactly what. Intriguing.

Also Yvonne needing to hug something to sleep is super relatable me too girl.

joined Feb 22, 2022

um...UM...that was darker than I was expecting, holy crap. I know Elsa's wildly in love with Evie but...I'd like to see how they story their way out of this one.

Edit: I realize that the shoe had to drop on this at some point, but dang they went about it in a big way.

Ehh, Elsa already knew that there's something odd was going on with Evie. She's probably mentally prepared herself for Evie's brand of "bullying" getting worse.

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

See, from the start I've been assuming that Elsa is also a case of an isekai'd person. I'm pretty sure she's more aware of what's going on than she lets on, but since neither of them will outright say anything about it we get to do this little song and dance.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

idk man as an empath im getting major antagonist vibes from red eyed evie

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

It may be quite the haha now but Eve can basically have a mental breakdown bc of the clash btw her desire to protect Elsa and her own self, she doesnt enjoy hurting her nor she wants things to end bad for her and both choices are bad so hoo boy she has it rough

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Elsa said "to make up for yesterday" like whatever happened was her fault. The way the writing is otherwise heavily implying that Yvonne attacked her without actually confirming she did makes me think it didn't happen.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

See, from the start I've been assuming that Elsa is also a case of an isekai'd person. I'm pretty sure she's more aware of what's going on than she lets on, but since neither of them will outright say anything about it we get to do this little song and dance.

I brought this up in the light novel discussion, but even if Elsa’s not a transmigrator she can still see Evie react to the system even if she can’t see it herself. She can see Evie be shocked by nothing, read from something that isn’t there, and then ‘bully’ her. She might not have the full picture, but the fact that Evie’s being coerced to bully her can be deduced.

joined May 1, 2015

Too bad we didn't get to see what happened.
However, Elsa still trusts her enough to sleep with her.
I get the feeling Yvonne cut Elsa by accident when she woke up from her delusion state. She probably got startled by Elsa and moved her hand a bit too quickly thus cutting her.
I don't want to see these two girls sad.

joined Dec 13, 2020

I never clicked on a new release so fast as I clicked on this one.

I just couldn't wait to read the continuation of the story after last chapter's cliffhanger.

And this is what we get? Flashforward to after the crisis is over? Elsa with a random bandage and Evie feeling guilty?

No way the novel progressed this way. We got screwed by the manhua. :/

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

I've been following this manhua for a while now and have been loving it so far. I've been wondering ever since however, is the manhua supposed to be supplementary to the web novel? Am I missing out on a lot by not reading the web novel or novel?

last edited at May 1, 2022 11:20PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Elsa might be a transmigrator, but she doesn't remember much. It would be nice but it's unnecessary, because Elsa already is a "hero" who will protect her girl from any threat. She would go as far as to help stab herself if Yvonne can't stab her. (that's definitely what happened)

Elsa usually notices when Yvonne freezes and makes expressions while the system is coercing her, just like Elsa notices Yvonne's embarrassment and affection. Elsa doesn't understand how the system works, just that it's hurting Yvonne and possibly that it's connected to the dark spirits that nearly walked Elsa herself off a roof. If they can protect one-another for a year three years until the "fated person" ending comes into effect, maybe it will include an exorcism. The couple is playing survival mode.

last edited at May 2, 2022 12:38AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Aw sad to see they didn't show a blood licking good scene.. But I guess the thought of hurting Elsa is just that awful for Evie, no matter how kinky its supposed to be.

From my experience in reading stories like these, this should be the point where Evie feels guilty and think that if she kept being by Elsa's side, she'll one day be forced to commit an unforgivable injury to Elsa.Y'know, an angst arc.

But if the author truly does keep their word of this story always being wholesome, then I'm willing to bet that this will be resolved fairly quickly like the ticket misunderstanding.

Though I think its pretty hard to fix this quickly because the system is indeed an actual threat to both the girls as while the system might not actually want to hurt Elsa, it gives options that Evie wouldn't use. An example is in chapter one, where Evie saves Elsa from a demon luring her to suicide, but saving her made the system ruin her reputation and all. Even if the demon wasn't controlled by the system, it was still a dick move bro.

Though I guess Elsa can resolve this arc quickly by being blunt to Evie, like really blunt, otherwise it won't go through her dense head.

Anyways, Eviel Yvonne's pretty hot ngl

last edited at May 2, 2022 12:16AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Elsa usually notices when Yvonne freezes and makes expressions while the system is coercing her, just like Elsa notices Yvonne's embarrassment and affection. Elsa doesn't understand how the system works, just that it's hurting Yvonne and possibly that it's connected to the dark spirits that nearly walked Elsa herself off a roof. If they can protect one-another for a year until the "fated person" ending comes into effect, maybe it will include an exorcism. The couple is playing survival mode.

Oh man, I have a strong feeling that this is gonna go something like: Evie tries her best to distance herself from Elsa because the system might force her to seriously injure her - Elsa says she doesnt care and she'll bear with it if it means she can be with her or something - confession or something - passionate kiss - fated person ending.

The passionate kiss part is very important, even better if theres seggs

joined Dec 3, 2017

Oh thank god. I wasn't sure how much my heart could take it if they actually drew out how it went down. But the original novel didn't detail the scene, just had a time skip and implication like how the manhua did it in this chapter. Poor Yvonne, she needs more hugs from Elsa (and for that dumb system to go away.)

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I just couldn't wait to read the continuation of the story after last chapter's cliffhanger.

And this is what we get? Flashforward to after the crisis is over? Elsa with a random bandage and Evie feeling guilty?

Folks previously said that this was a side chapter addition: meaning the whole date/play event didn't happen in the novel. Assuming that this morning scene IS in the novel, I'm guessing that the novel basically started a chapter with the girls waking up and Elsa having a bandaged injury caused by Evie, without ever explaining where it came from.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Folks previously said that this was a side chapter addition: meaning the whole date/play event didn't happen in the novel. Assuming that this morning scene IS in the novel, I'm guessing that the novel basically started a chapter with the girls waking up and Elsa having a bandaged injury caused by Evie, without ever explaining where it came from.

The date did happen in the novel. The manhua so far has never deviated from the novel plot.

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Did Evie really stabbed her?

joined Nov 22, 2019

Elsa said "to make up for yesterday" like whatever happened was her fault. The way the writing is otherwise heavily implying that Yvonne attacked her without actually confirming she did makes me think it didn't happen.

I don’t know, the bandage had to come from somewhere. Its never happened before that Yvonne did anything without at least telling Elsa to prepare, like simply asking Elsa to not go pee instead of restraining her. So I can't imagine a world where Yvonne just jumps Elsa without saying anything, but that seems to be what this is implying.

joined Nov 22, 2019

The date did happen in the novel. The manhua so far has never deviated from the novel plot.

Well technically true, the translator has directly stated in their notes for chapter 23 that the date chapters were inserted way later, where a group of chapter between 18 and 19 were written and inserted while chapter 262 was released.

What I'm curious to know is at what point we resume the main story, and whether the most recent chapter is still part of the date side story or not.

last edited at May 2, 2022 4:06AM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

YES! It finally took the turn that I was hoping. Being a relationship with someone who "just has to hurt you sometimes"... YESSSS. I'M A SICKO I'M HERE FOR IT

My kiwi self right now: yeah nah. This story is not about that according to the creator. And this chapter is a cliffhanger. Nothing concrete has been given to support this take. Plus, I find such things abhorrent for these types of stories.

It would break the thematic consistency. It's also extremely immersion breaking. Trust is important to enjoy a work, and this is observed a lot in fanfiction for example. Best practice most of the time is to focus on building on what you have - like compounding interest. Works that do this in the first chapter, and continue to, commonly do really well.

I don’t know, the bandage had to come from somewhere. Its never happened before that Yvonne did anything without at least telling Elsa to prepare, like simply asking Elsa to not go pee instead of restraining her. So I can't imagine a world where Yvonne just jumps Elsa without saying anything, but that seems to be what this is implying.

There is no implication. This version of the story is not extremely detailed. The only implication for this I trust is the author's stated intentions.

-- All the stuff I said above is grand hope. While everyone is speculating (and maybe slightly panicking internally), and creating a metaphorical recession in the community's psychic, grand hope is leaving all your metaphorical investments - into someone else's vision - alone.

last edited at May 2, 2022 4:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.