Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

For fucks sake, I really hate this "dense protagonist" crap.
She goes out of her way to be close to you and spend time with you, so that must mean she TOTALLY needs a boyfriend...
Maybe I missed something, but this is really beginning to piss me off.

There is no route in the original to shack up with the villainess, and Yvonne knows that. A lot of the story is her being constrained by the game to hurt Elsa— why would she think that Elsa was freer than she was?

Obviously as the readers we know but Yvonne’s denseness at least has plot behind it even if many stories with the same density level don’t.

Yeah I don't think it's a matter of Yvonne being dense at all at this point. She clearly knows Elsa is into her, and she seems to have some awareness on some level that she's got feelings for Elsa too, but is not letting herself acknowledge or think about that. She thinks (not completely without reason) that the only thing she can do is hurt Elsa, so she's trying to set Elsa up with someone else so at least Elsa will be happy, and she's avoiding thinking about herself as a possible romantic partner for Elsa so as to not make that harder than it already is. Denial, not obliviousness.

I mean the past few chapters have basically shown us Yvonne starting to forget about the "must find Elsa a love interest" thing (she even comments on how she's gone from trying to trigger romance flags for Elsa to avoiding them) and letting herself enjoy romantic moments with Elsa. She only goes back to trying to pair Elsa off in this chapter because the villainess system made her do something legitimately awful and she's now convinced she needs to get Elsa away from herself for Elsa's own good. I think it's pretty clear that Yvonne wouldn't be thinking about getting Elsa a love interest if that hadn't happened. She's gone back on the growth she had in her relationship with Elsa and regressed to old patterns because something happened that convinced her that that growth couldn't last.

joined Apr 14, 2022

She's gone back on the growth she had in her relationship with Elsa and regressed to old patterns because something happened that convinced her that that growth couldn't last.

Which is, to be fair to the people complaining, extremely frustrating in its own way. Yuri leads have enough struggling to communicate without a literal hand of god pushing them apart whenever they make progress.

Personally, I liked this poster's take quite a lot more than what we're getting:

Being a relationship with someone who "just has to hurt you sometimes"... YESSSS. I'M A SICKO I'M HERE FOR IT

I might be twisted, but I love the fantasy of being cut by my girlfriend, only to be held lovingly afterwards. Reading about a relationship where they overcome the friction generated by Yvonne hurting Elsa would be much better than about the god system stopping them from ever Doing Yuri, in my humble and depraved opinion.

All of that being said, I do still enjoy this well enough, even though I don't really like how the system is being used.

last edited at May 9, 2022 8:10AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I do not think that any relationship that involves regularly harming each other is a healthy one, but I am also of a firm belief that whatever consenting adults do in their private time and space is their own private business. I'd prefer it if the villainess system finally got on with the program and patched itself over into a love interest system, but I still trust the author to stick to their promise of wholesomeness all the way through.

last edited at May 9, 2022 5:18AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I honestly just want consistency with the villainess system. It's just so conveniently put in place just for the sake of plot. It's such a lazy writing.

To be fair, that is literally its stated purpose for existing: To enforce and enable the plot. The only problem is it didn't get the new script.

I do not think that any relationship that involves regularly harming each other is a healthy one, but I am also of a firm belief that whatever consenting adults do in their private time and space is their own private business. I'd prefer it if the villainess system finally got on with the program and patched itself over into a love interest system, but I still trust the author to stick to their promise of wholesomeness all the way through.

Ah, but Evie doesn't consent to any of this.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ah, but Evie doesn't consent to any of this.

I am not sure about the "adults" part in her or Elsa's case, either. :-) In any case, the villainess system is the real villain here, not Evie's denseness, regardless of whether the latter is a natural attribute or a subconscious defense mechanism.

last edited at May 9, 2022 5:41AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Yeah their name has six letters that start with Yvo and ends with nne.

Man from Yvonne going "ah I do remember" and her
leaving a letter, she's probably going to contact a love interest that matches that criteria, the only fatal flaw is that their name is probably not Yvonne Smollet...

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I honestly just want consistency with the villainess system. It's just so conveniently put in place just for the sake of plot. It's such a lazy writing.

I mean, it's certainly a blatant plot contrivance but I can easily see it as a stereotypical vengeful/jealous god - plans beyond your understanding, vindictive punishment for disobedience, unreasonable demands like sacrificing your own children. In this case it has litrpg framing but to me that makes it more unsettling because you can imagine it as something a human designer/writer would inflict on others

joined Mar 25, 2021

I mean, it's certainly a blatant plot contrivance but I can easily see it as a stereotypical vengeful/jealous god - plans beyond your understanding, vindictive punishment for disobedience, unreasonable demands like sacrificing your own children. In this case it has litrpg framing but to me that makes it more unsettling because you can imagine it as something a human designer/writer would inflict on others

An actual God commanding the system would be terrifying as hell, like have you seen commands of God in most stories? Like "kill your child" "build an ark and not let any other humans in" "Make a chest of pure gold", and many more

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So we're still not getting shown what happened on the beach.

Probably once they finally manage to talk about it.

joined Mar 25, 2021

I kind-of wish Elsa would confront her over her, apparently, erratic behavior, but a good part of that is also wanting her to find out about the villainess system and, maybe, trying to help Evie work around it. It would also make her position a lot more understandable: I love you and I'm not going to start hating or fearing you because that awful system sometimes makes you hurt me.

Yeah Elsa has to be really blunt, I can see this arc escalating to something like Evie wanting to run and distance herself even more from Elsa in fear of being forced to hurt her in a harsher way, and Elsa saying those things.

But man Evie has every right to be afraid of the system, like she's definitely going to fear going near any sharp object or weapon when she's out with Elsa.

While the system would probably offer options like a small cut or something, Evie probably doesn't want to hurt her regardless if she's into it or not. And she has every right to think that one day she won't be given a harmless option or that she'd be forced to do a severely injuring option. Well by then she would probably refuse that option and take the punishment, which could lead to a tragic end of sacrifice but I'm willing to bet that won't happen.

last edited at May 9, 2022 6:17AM

joined Mar 25, 2021

Also I for some reason find this one panel of Elsa really hot..

joined May 10, 2021

This last two chapters have been killing me so huh... I hope they're going to talk soon eh :)

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

literally describes Evie head to toe as her love interest
"must be some guy"
Like I can get the denseness as the main character should probably be dating boys like how it goes in real life but come on Evie.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

An actual God commanding the system would be terrifying as hell, like have you seen commands of God in most stories? Like "kill your child" "build an ark and not let any other humans in" "Make a chest of pure gold", and many more

god damn gods always ruining my yuri dag gummit

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

pwcca posted:

literally describes Evie head to toe as her love interest
"must be some guy"
Like I can get the denseness as the main character should probably be dating boys like how it goes in real life but come on Evie.

As others have repeatedly pointed out: Evie is in denial, not being dense. She believes that she isn't a valid romance option for Elsa due to her knowledge of the game. In addition, she's afraid of the things she might have to do due to the villainess system.

last edited at May 9, 2022 8:18AM

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

I might be twisted, but I love the fantasy of being cut by my girlfriend, only to be held lovingly afterwards. Reading about a relationship where they overcome the friction generated by Yvonne hurting Evie would be much better than about the god system stopping them from ever Doing Yuri, in my humble and depraved opinion.

All of that being said, I do still enjoy this well enough, even though I don't really like how the system is being used.

Remember how they ended up leaving the original Academy: Yvonne refused to potentially murder Elsa. That’s not something you can be held lovingly after… or at least, you won’t be alive to experience it.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Attack and dethrone God, Elsa!

joined Mar 25, 2021

I might be twisted, but I love the fantasy of being cut by my girlfriend, only to be held lovingly afterwards. Reading about a relationship where they overcome the friction generated by Yvonne hurting Evie would be much better than about the god system stopping them from ever Doing Yuri, in my humble and depraved opinion.

Remember how they ended up leaving the original Academy: Yvonne refused to potentially murder Elsa. That’s not something you can be held lovingly after… or at least, you won’t be alive to experience it.

Yeah even if Elsa is into Evie hurting her, I'm pretty sure getting pushed from the top of a five story building is not one of her kinks

joined Apr 14, 2022

Nothing a little necromancy magic can't fix.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

The villainess system is being an ass. I swear be a wingsystem(?) and you won't regret it.
Though, I feel like some God-level is controlling it lol

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

As others have repeatedly pointed out: Evie is in denial, not being dense. She believes that she is nt a valid romance option for Elsa due to her knowledge of the game. In addition, she's afraid of the things she might have to do due to the villainess system.

I've said it twice already. Also, thank you for thinking about the series more deeply, and double-checking common takes. I wish comments and takes like this were more common.

Also, not liking a lot of things in this thread these last couple chapters. Some of the collective integrity was definitely lost.

This thread is good for spoilers tho, lol. Better for mental health to know earlier if you should quit. Keeping the faith for the author's promise.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

1001th post on this comic,good stuff.

Now to find out who on that planet fits the same criteria.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

“So this is her type, huh”

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Yeah their name has six letters that start with Yvo and ends with nne.

To be fair, her exact words are 'was there even a love interest that...' so she's not in that list lol

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Gee, I wonder who fits that criteria.

Really putting the "useless" in "useless lesbians" there, Evi.

To reply you must either login or sign up.