Forum › Teacher, Go Out with Me! discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Jeeze! If she has a mental block with "go out with me instead" just freakin try another approach, like rephrasing it to something like "I want to date you, you dingbat".

Edit: Yes! First comment!

last edited at May 1, 2022 12:12AM

Crie
joined Mar 22, 2022

Jeeze! If she has a mental block with "go out with me instead" just freakin try another approach, like rephrasing it to something like "I want to date you, you dingbat".

Seeing how dense the lady is, she's gonna assume it's just a friend date between teachers.

Edit: Good on you for being first.

last edited at May 1, 2022 12:16AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Seeing how dense the lady is, she's gonna assume it's just a friend date between teachers.

Then try the Barry White approach, and say: "I want to lay you down by the fire, and make sweet sweet love to you". I dare you to find a way to misunderstand that. Lol

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I, for one, am disappointed the teacher didn't give in to her budding feelings, lol

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It might be cause I'm fried from work and I've accidentally stayed up much later than I intended to, but did anyone else have kind of a hard time reading some of the dialog?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Rough translation job. Not unreadable, but not easy going, either

joined Aug 21, 2017

Rough translation job. Not unreadable, but not easy going, either

I agree, it's a little rough. At least it's translated, plus the story was alright.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

That poor other teacher.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BlueDsc posted:

It might be cause I'm fried from work and I've accidentally stayed up much later than I intended to, but did anyone else have kind of a hard time reading some of the dialog?

You'll notice that there's no proofreader in the credit page.

If you think you're up to it, you can always volunteer to be a PR for Windyfall, who sorely lack them obviously.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

go seggs the other teacher

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

cute
umu

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

BlueDsc posted:

You'll notice that there's no proofreader in the credit page.

If you think you're up to it, you can always volunteer to be a PR for Windyfall, who sorely lack them obviously.

If this is what a TL looks like before proofreading then I've been greatly underestimating the amount of work proofreaders do. That's more than I can handle.

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

I think it has been very literally translated from Japanese, the sentences structure are lookalike. I didn't mind it though, adds some charm to it in my opinion

joined May 1, 2015

This needed an epilogue

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'll be a bit harsher than previous commenters - the translation is pretty bad, sorry about that but this is my opinion after reading it. I don't buy that the lack of a proofreader is the reason, this feels like the whole sentences would have to be rewritten so things make sense.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

But yeah, have to agree, this is once again one of the times where Windyfall needs to go back and fix a lot of the text...

joined Feb 6, 2018

This needed an epilogue

Agreed. I just felt bad for the other teacher the entire time. Get this teacher a love too!

Mini%20new%20shiny%20greninja%20avatar
joined Jul 24, 2021

Why is the translation so ba--wait, Windyfall did it, I see.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Wow, grown ups depicted behaving in a somewhat responsible fashion. I can't believe it, I won't believe it. XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I'll be a bit harsher than previous commenters - the translation is pretty bad, sorry about that but this is my opinion after reading it. I don't buy that the lack of a proofreader is the reason, this feels like the whole sentences would have to be rewritten so things make sense.

What about it didn't make sense? It was pretty simple and easy to understand what was being put forward. Sure the English was poor but it takes no effort at all to understand what was being translated imo.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Now we need a sequel for this.

joined May 1, 2015

I think it reads a bit odd because it is a direct translation into English rather than "localization" to make it more native.
I mean, it is easy to understand, but I get why someone would be put off.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think it reads a bit odd because it is a direct translation into English rather than "localization" to make it more native.
I mean, it is easy to understand, but I get why someone would be put off.

I take it English isn't your first language? Because even already the first line of the entire manga has "supplement lessons" instead of "supplementary lessons", and that is not a matter of direct translation vs localization, that is just plain a mistake.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I agree, since I noticed that there's two . One problem I'd like to point out is the inconsistency; "sensei" when used standalone is translated as "teacher," but it's translated as an honorific when used on the teachers' names.

This is one of those teacher-student romance stories in which I'm more rooting for the two teachers to get together than I am for the teacher and the student.

joined Feb 17, 2018

Wow, grown ups depicted behaving in a somewhat responsible fashion. I can't believe it, I won't believe it. XD

Seriously, the mild surprise is refreshing lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.