Forum › Posts by Iski123

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

While interesting, I don’t think our protagonist is particularly bright given her supposed age. For one it would be REALLY easy to determine which day was chosen. She just needs to keep a journal and mark down a number for each day. Which ever number is kept when the next day comes around is the day that was chosen.

Also, it would be actually pretty easy to prove what’s happening with the help of 1 other person. This person wouldn’t even have to know about her condition. Simply ask them to generate an word file with a ton of randomized words. The next day after the word file is generated she’ll ask to be told a specific number word in the sequence. Whenever a day is chosen she can reiterate all the words she learned from the days that weren’t chosen, proving she has information she couldn’t have.

the first idea is good, i think, but as for the second, how would anyone but her know what the correct strings of words from non-chosen days were in order to check?

The person who generated the list would know. They would generate the list a day before beginning the experiment so that it would remain fixed.

But what if every time she does that, the day that is finally selected is the 1st one (i.e. the only day when she has no prior info on the word list)? Then in canonical timeline, the other person would just hear from the MC that she doesn't know the word.

EDIT: Oh you actually meant doing it on 3 different days? Yeah indeed that would work, as long as there is two iterations of the second day. But although convincing, I don't think it's the most persuading proof for the other person lol

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 1:49AM

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

I really like the effort authors put in the consistency of the timeline. Time travel stuff can get pretty wacky when contradictions appear in the story, but this manga (light-novel) does a perfect job so far

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

you guys read this story too literally I think, pretty sure that the overexposing to sun after a sheltered upbringing here is a metaphor

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

So many people are willing to give Jerkface another chance one he said he'd keep his mouth shut, but he confirmed his jerkface status when he realized that Aya was into Mitsuki/Shop Clerk and his first inclination was to suggest that he could join in with them in their relations. I understand that impulse to want to watch/join/admire two (or more) attractive women enjoy each other's company, but to suggest that, out loud, to her face, in public (since she was at work), was a true jerkface move. It totally cemented his status as sleaze in my mind.

Yep I'm worried about this as well. I try and give people the benefit of doubt and give others a second chance but the first thing I thought of is he's gonna attempt to blackmail her eventually. Hoping he's not as much of a jerkface as it's lead onto believe though. But I def foresee some kind of blackmail in the future.

Riiiiiight bc Boys and Girls cant be friends or that a boy cant be friends with 2 girls without having "threesome" reasons in mind right? Thats bs

No, guys and girls (of any age group/gap) CAN be friends without any of the physical aspects. It wasn't my intention to say that can't happen. My reading of that character and his intentions, based on his behavior and introduction, gives me reason to doubt his sincerity for any kind of friendship that doesn't involve the physical aspects. It's been my own experience that anyone who would try to manipulate people based on their own outer attractiveness (his introduction), isn't too far away from taking that next step down 'that' path. (Not trying to be mysterious or obtuse, I'm trying to not be crass or straight up obscene).

I think he's just a bit of a narcissist. I don't think there's anything romantic or malicious involved, he just thinks each of them is individually super cool and subconsciously thinks he can raise his status by hanging out with these two really cool girls.

At least that's how it reads to me. He needs a humbling, but at the moment at least he's not actively bad.

It's a bit of both.

In lieu of a name, Jerkface makes clear in Chapter 13 that he approaches girls as a manipulator and is used to, "wrap a girl around my finger" (Chapter 12 pg 1 and 4). Even if the approach is non-sexual, he still expects girls to fulfill some personal service to him at their expense.

In his request to be "part of the fun" in a female only relationship, he prefaces his interest in Mitsuki's physical appearance as "hot" and masculine. Though his compliment offends, his attempt was to manipulate through flattery and a sense of "comrades among men" to get Mitsuki to "allow" him access to a close relationship between girls he is otherwise not privy to (Chapter 15 page 2)

His expectation may not be sexual per say (it's also best not to confuse romantic with sexual), but he is still using manipulation to use a relationship between girls for his own self-fulfillment. What he wasn't expecting was girls telling him no nor confronting him.

However, even in the confrontation he still manages to find self-fulfillment. There is nothing explicit sexual, but sexual isn't the only form of bodily and or psychological self-fulfillment. It's most often about having control. Otherwise, it's not friendship he's after and his actions remain in line with the sexual "lesbians are hot, let me join in" even if sex isn't the desire fulfillment looked for.

Is he irredeemable? No, not in general. But he's a jerk for sure and he may be irredeemable to others he may have hurt before.

I think it's a good time to bring up this ridiculous diatribe written against that side character dude for absolutely no reason

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

So many people are willing to give Jerkface another chance one he said he'd keep his mouth shut, but he confirmed his jerkface status when he realized that Aya was into Mitsuki/Shop Clerk and his first inclination was to suggest that he could join in with them in their relations. I understand that impulse to want to watch/join/admire two (or more) attractive women enjoy each other's company, but to suggest that, out loud, to her face, in public (since she was at work), was a true jerkface move. It totally cemented his status as sleaze in my mind.

Yep I'm worried about this as well. I try and give people the benefit of doubt and give others a second chance but the first thing I thought of is he's gonna attempt to blackmail her eventually. Hoping he's not as much of a jerkface as it's lead onto believe though. But I def foresee some kind of blackmail in the future.

Riiiiiight bc Boys and Girls cant be friends or that a boy cant be friends with 2 girls without having "threesome" reasons in mind right? Thats bs

No, guys and girls (of any age group/gap) CAN be friends without any of the physical aspects. It wasn't my intention to say that can't happen. My reading of that character and his intentions, based on his behavior and introduction, gives me reason to doubt his sincerity for any kind of friendship that doesn't involve the physical aspects. It's been my own experience that anyone who would try to manipulate people based on their own outer attractiveness (his introduction), isn't too far away from taking that next step down 'that' path. (Not trying to be mysterious or obtuse, I'm trying to not be crass or straight up obscene).

I think he's just a bit of a narcissist. I don't think there's anything romantic or malicious involved, he just thinks each of them is individually super cool and subconsciously thinks he can raise his status by hanging out with these two really cool girls.

At least that's how it reads to me. He needs a humbling, but at the moment at least he's not actively bad.

It's a bit of both.

In lieu of a name, Jerkface makes clear in Chapter 13 that he approaches girls as a manipulator and is used to, "wrap a girl around my finger" (Chapter 12 pg 1 and 4). Even if the approach is non-sexual, he still expects girls to fulfill some personal service to him at their expense.

In his request to be "part of the fun" in a female only relationship, he prefaces his interest in Mitsuki's physical appearance as "hot" and masculine. Though his compliment offends, his attempt was to manipulate through flattery and a sense of "comrades among men" to get Mitsuki to "allow" him access to a close relationship between girls he is otherwise not privy to (Chapter 15 page 2)

His expectation may not be sexual per say (it's also best not to confuse romantic with sexual), but he is still using manipulation to use a relationship between girls for his own self-fulfillment. What he wasn't expecting was girls telling him no nor confronting him.

However, even in the confrontation he still manages to find self-fulfillment. There is nothing explicit sexual, but sexual isn't the only form of bodily and or psychological self-fulfillment. It's most often about having control. Otherwise, it's not friendship he's after and his actions remain in line with the sexual "lesbians are hot, let me join in" even if sex isn't the desire fulfillment looked for.

Is he irredeemable? No, not in general. But he's a jerk for sure and he may be irredeemable to others he may have hurt before.

XD

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

The translation of ch7-11 isn't that bad honestly, and it looks pretty good in terms of text integration in the speech bubbles, so definitely more than readable in my opinion (I didn't even realize that it was MTL).

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

I like the main characters' dynamic, but the tiger girl is definitely right about expensive clothing. It may be more comfortable or more durable, but the thing that actually makes it that expensive is conspicuous consumption and clout chasing..

Yeah I agree, hope the story won't overlook all these points just to make Tiger realize how she was wrong about how deep is fashion blah blah blah and get her closer to the other mc

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This TL team really leave no details aside, I realized all the onomatopoeias are translated especially that Growl one on p.25, I can't figure how they did erase the original kanas so cleanly for this one

(yeah that's a detail but had to be mentioned)

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This feels like it could be canon

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

The little plays the author makes with the placement of the panels are looking great

Iski123
Fly By discussion 23 May 21:51
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

The art style gosh

last edited at May 23, 2022 9:51PM

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This is hands down my favorite manga on dynasty, and the extras only reinforce this feeling. The story flows in a way that I love, and all chapters are super well paced. To this you add really likeable characters and gorgeous drawings. 10/10!

last edited at May 4, 2022 12:19AM

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

It might be cause I'm fried from work and I've accidentally stayed up much later than I intended to, but did anyone else have kind of a hard time reading some of the dialog?

I think it has been very literally translated from Japanese, the sentences structure are lookalike. I didn't mind it though, adds some charm to it in my opinion

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This manga only gives me more hobbies to procrastinate on

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Do you know how many extra chapters we can expect?

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Yorumo drops banger after banger

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

One of my favorites series on Dynasty, genuinely a hidden gem :)

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Sidenote: what if Shiori is part of the reason Hinakos family died o.o

I've had that same thought. Why is she specifically a mermaid? Random choice, or something to do with the accident involving the ocean?

Definitively will have some tie with the accident. Well she could also be the one that saved her

Iski123
Pink Ribbon discussion 13 Dec 23:58
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

isn't it missing the Detective Conan tag

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Now find a pair for vice-president

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Will there still be updates on this since it's now licensed?

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 5:54PM

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

guys I come from the future and I can confirm: this is an happy end, dw aha :)

Iski123
Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This is translated litteraly day 1 after the chapter was out, thanks TL team!

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

don't owari us like that for real

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

edgy yuri mangas in my veins