Forum › I Won 300 Million Yen in a Lottery so I Started Raising a Freeloader Pretty Girl discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

The red flags, they're everywhere!!

It's like a bullfight with how many are flying around

joined Sep 6, 2018

It's like a bullfight with how many are flying around

And like most spectator sports, the messier the better. I’m in… but I’m mostly trying to clear my mind of that https://dynasty-scans.com/series/lilies_voice_wear_wind dumpster fire. With my now lowered expectations, I might forgo the sugar mama drained dry trope and consider this better than what I’d recently read.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Most important thing with winning that amount of money is to not go crazy with it. Don't go buying a new car unless you actually NEED a new car. Don't buy a new house unless you genuinely NEED to move. Just maintain your standard of living. You're rich, but only bottom-tier rich. You've got enough to maintain a comfortable life without having to work, but not much more than that.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 4:42AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Passbook is still safer. You are forced to sign a paper in order to get any money out. The passbook does not reveal how you sign. So picking up a pass book would mean nothing because the clerk will instantly reject your request because the bank itself holds the correct signing sample.
Credit Card numbers can be stolen, especially nowadays where everything is now electronic. If someone pick up your credit card, the least they can do is to have a super luxury meal since your card has the signing, so as soon as you managed to forge, you can start using it. And i am sure criminals would learnt how t forge within 10 minutes of picking up your card.

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

This seems a Yuri about that creepy dudes search for a "roommate" becoming true: must be 22-33yo, not 6' tall, thin, work out in the living room, clean, cook, do all house work. Must cuddle me at least 3 times a day for 10min. Ew

joined May 1, 2015

I need to start playing the lottery too.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Money money money.

It's so funny.

It's a rich womans' world.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

That worth more than one lover

joined Mar 8, 2016

I feel like Asumi-chan would definitely figure out the optimal way to use lottery winnings on companions...

joined Jan 6, 2017

I feel like Asumi-chan would definitely figure out the optimal way to use lottery winnings on companions...

She already did

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

And there wouldnt be red flags if MC just went up to a cute homeless person and went "you're cute I'm taking you home with me"?

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Cute artwork, but it's overall very... off-putting. I'm willing to roll with the blatant wish fulfillment premise, but Tenma comes across like a grifter. "Oh hey, you're rich. Let me tell you a sob story to soften you up..."

I'd probably be more open to the premise if there was maybe a page establishing Tenma as actually homeless and actually good natured/honest about the whole thing, because the presentation just makes me suspicious. And since it's a wish fulfillment premise, suspicion just makes the whole thing feel... I don't know how to describe it. Like there's an internal contradiction. Or another shoe is waiting to drop.

lol, of course another shoe is waiting to drop. There has to be something else. That's what I'm looking forward to!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, manic pixie dream girl PLUS 300 million yen. Some people have the luck, all right.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Masina posted:

Passbook is still safer. You are forced to sign a paper in order to get any money out. The passbook does not reveal how you sign. So picking up a pass book would mean nothing because the clerk will instantly reject your request because the bank itself holds the correct signing sample.
Credit Card numbers can be stolen, especially nowadays where everything is now electronic. If someone pick up your credit card, the least they can do is to have a super luxury meal since your card has the signing, so as soon as you managed to forge, you can start using it. And i am sure criminals would learnt how t forge within 10 minutes of picking up your card.

In Japan, credit cards aren't used much .Most of the time, they pay in cash. Most konbinis don't even have a credit card terminal. It's a cultural thing. So people may happen to have wads of cash on them. Not very secure. Thankfully, Japan has a low crime rate.

And credit cards aren't insecure. I don't know about the US, but in Europe, a signature is utterly useless in regard to a credit card. None ever uses the signature. You have to have at least the pin code. And even then, there's usually a very low limit of what amount of money you can withdraw or pay if you happen to have both the card and the pin.

Nowadays, credits cards, at least in Europe, have Multi Factor Authentication. For every transaction on internet (so without the pin) you have to validate something on your phone, with your fingerprint as proof.

If in the US a signature is enough, it's really backward. Get on with the times.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And there wouldnt be red flags if MC just went up to a cute homeless person and went "you're cute I'm taking you home with me"?

There would, but importantly, she didn't -- she even half-heartedly tries to make sure the other girl isn't underage. It's the freeloader girl who sets off all of my scam alert sirens at once, even though I know this is supposed to be a lighthearted wish fulfillment yuri. You simply do not let a stranger inside your home after they've learned how much money you have, because who knows who else they will let let in at night. :-/

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 11:29AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years unless she's getting some good dividends or doesn't upgrade her lifestyle at all especially if there's a freeloader now

Edit: In the USA, credit cards can be used with just a signature because they're being used on credit so you can just call the bank to fix things if someone screws with your account and not lose anything. Debit cards still require a PIN except from certain vendors. You can set up 2FA on both through your bank

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 12:13PM

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Lol. An earnest "Don't worry, she's 22" in the year of our lord 2022.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 3:08PM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

alright this is by the same author whose vampire and maid yuri I really liked so I'm interested

That's a good sign

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years unless she's getting some good dividends or doesn't upgrade her lifestyle at all especially if there's a freeloader now

Oh for sure, it's not "never work again" money. But assuming she was already able to support herself, slap half of it in an index fund, that leaves a cool 150m yen for fun times with a "never have to worry again" nest egg.

For dramedy sake this manga is probably going to go the "she blows it all" route but still it could be a pretty significant bump to her quality of life, even assuming bare minimums.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Pshaw, same old same old. It's not worse than this one.

Or this one.

Or, to stick to yuri, that one with the tired novelist who goes to a pet shop and gets a blonde girl as a dog (can't recall title).

joined Apr 10, 2021

While lifestyle creep is a thing that destroys for example tons of sports pros given how stupid/uneducated they are and how many grifters are there to take advantage of them, people here talk like 3 million is nothing. How many of you, if you work in your current job for your entire life, will earn anything close to that?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, $50,000/year * 40 years = $2 million earned, pre-tax.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Idk but the lil girl looks sus

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Pshaw, same old same old. It's not worse than this one.

Or this one.

Or, to stick to yuri, that one with the tired novelist who goes to a pet shop and gets a blonde girl as a dog (can't recall title).

Or this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_collar_only_for_you
Chapter 7 released ten minutes ago btw.

joined Jun 25, 2021

red flags is right

she's cute so she can't possibly be suspicious, right?

To reply you must either login or sign up.