Forum › Posts by totesreal

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years unless she's getting some good dividends or doesn't upgrade her lifestyle at all especially if there's a freeloader now

Oh for sure, it's not "never work again" money. But assuming she was already able to support herself, slap half of it in an index fund, that leaves a cool 150m yen for fun times with a "never have to worry again" nest egg.

For dramedy sake this manga is probably going to go the "she blows it all" route but still it could be a pretty significant bump to her quality of life, even assuming bare minimums.

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Lol. An earnest "Don't worry, she's 22" in the year of our lord 2022.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 3:08PM

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

You know, when I first read this (way back when the Onsen arc was new), and then along with all the updates, I was kind of on Uta's side.

But I just re-read the whole manga, and man, she is such a selfish child.
Cutting someone you love out of your life completely (which is what I infer by the use of the black word balloon Ch. 25, Pg 27), someone who clearly loves you back, just not in the same way, someone whom you admit brings you joy and happiness because, what, because it hurts that you can't have more?

Which I understand this is the point. I just hope we'll see some actual growth out of her character arc, and soon.

Also interesting as a personal note that I didn't pick this up in an initial reading.

I am excited to see Kaoru's growth as well.

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Another one of those chapters where I was so relieved to see "tsuzuku" at the bottom of the page.

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Man, I've never been happier to see the "tsuzuku."

This really felt like an end chapter, but I want more.

totesreal
Beloved L discussion 02 Jun 19:47
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Would this qualify for the "Non-Moe Art" tag?

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

I owe this manga an apology. I thought for sure Uta wouldn't confess at the end of the previous chapter, but I was wrong.

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

I know this has been said before, I really feel like this should have the "subtext" tag.
Even with the declaration of love, we don't see anything other than strong friendship.

last edited at May 26, 2018 1:25PM

totesreal
Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

-Also, deciding to put the cliffhanger there just means to me that she won't confess. At least, that's typically the way things go.

Agreed.
If she was going to confess, that would have been the cliffhanger.