Forum › Making Progress on Yuri Before the Deadline discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ah, nice Yuru Camp references there.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

OK, I'm going to ask for some specific examples of her "bullying." Because unless that definition is stretched to involve banter and teasing, I'm not seeing it.

Blurbs are just "nonsense," huh?--you learn something new every day.

You seem to looking for an argument that I have no interest in engaging in.
Bye.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I'm going to ask for some specific examples of her "bullying." Because unless that definition is stretched to involve banter and teasing, I'm not seeing it.

Blurbs are just "nonsense," huh?--you learn something new every day.

You seem to looking for an argument that I have no interest in engaging in.

Not at all--I'm asking you to articulate the evidence you see within the story that makes you describe Sensei as "an awful woman" who "bullies" the MC.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're simply projecting your personal experience onto a work, not because of, but despite what the text actually shows.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Why is Ayu so relatable lmao
also the person claiming three well-known yuri mangaka are straight earlier: Morishima has TEXTUALLY said she is bisexual in several autobiographical manga, Mira is said to be married but that doesn't preclude bisexuality, and honestly, Ayanero Taicho is just a force of chaos that I cannot be bothered trying to comprehend

also I don't personally count this as some JK fetishist wish fulfillment since Ayu is far more relatable than the author lady, although they're both relatable for certain audiences (me).

Mira actually mentioned that she had a husband who really enjoyed Yuri so it was a match made in heaven coz she really liked drawing it. Ayanero though has dabbled a ton in LGBT stuff so, if she is interested in guys (I think she has done some het before), she's either an ally or bisexual

joined Jun 11, 2016

it sounds like you're simply projecting your personal experience onto a work, not because of, but despite what the text actually shows.

Some people seem to interpret things the way they wanna see it, without any regards to the actual context of things. I know you want to have a discussion to point out that they're ultimately wrong and projecting, but it's best to leave people like that alone, as they don't like changing my minds.

Anw, about this chapter, I gotta agree with Ayu-chan here. It is a bad argument, since procrastinating won't fill up your motivation, you will just be lazier and put off work more. And I wonder what is she not interested in if not romance? Perhaps she had a bad experience with a past lover?

Also, I'm glad to see Miya-chan again, she's my favorite character so far lol!

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 1:16PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

it sounds like you're simply projecting your personal experience onto a work, not because of, but despite what the text actually shows.

Some people seem to interpret things the way they wanna see it, without any regards to the actual context of things. I know you want to have a discussion to point out that they're ultimately wrong and projecting, but it's best to leave people like that alone, as they don't like changing my minds.

Anw, about this chapter, I gotta agree with Ayu-chan here. It is a bad argument, since procrastinating won't fill up your motivation, you will just be lazier and put off work more. And I wonder what is she not interested in if not romance? Perhaps she had a bad experience with a past lover?

I don't even call that "interpreting"--that's just making things up.

And yeah, Ayu may be young and inexperienced, but she's sensible, with a good head on her shoulders--she senses bullshit when she hears it.

My suspicion is that sensei means she's not interested in romance with men, which is the assumption that most people would make in such a heteronormative culture as Japan (as opposed to a not-heteronormative culture like the Dynasty forums).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think she might be interested in romance but only fictional, not with real people, like she gets how romance, love and sexual attraction works but it's not interested in bonding with people for real... maybe a past trauma or she just doesn't believe it could be real or last long.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I can't really enjoy this manga because I feel like the MC is rushing ahead with her feelings like she's desperate to find someone. Hasn't she known sensei only for a week?

It makes me uncomfortable because some of my gay friends have been in similar situations and ultimately gotten themselves hurt.

Also yeah, she was cute before but her "city girl" look is very hard to take seriously.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 1:37PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can't really enjoy this manga because I feel like the MC is rushing ahead with her feelings like she's desperate to find someone. Hasn't she known sensei only for a week?

I don't think she's rushing anything, particularly--she's been crushing on sensei ever since they met remember, she masturbated thinking about sensei in the bath the first night she was there, and now she's living with her crush, so of course we're going to get "She's so cute/sexy!" scenes every chapter just to remind us of Ayu's basic emotional situation.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

It makes me uncomfortable because some of my gay friends have been in similar situations and ultimately gotten themselves hurt.

Also yeah, she was cute before but her "city girl" look is very hard to take seriously.

First sight love buddy, + she is just a teenager, you gotta give her some time

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I really like the art style of this. I like how the size of the characters change and Ayu is adorable. Every chapter though I am just waiting for when her psat comes back up and shits hits the fan as that drama is going to be amazing.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Anw, about this chapter, I gotta agree with Ayu-chan here. It is a bad argument, since procrastinating won't fill up your motivation, you will just be lazier and put off work more.

That's not true. Procrastination absolutely helps with work, without it the work will 100% just tire you out and you'll be too tired to finish it. Procrastinating helps your mind relax for a moment which allows you to come back with more energy to do it some more

joined Jan 14, 2020

I didn't take it as "procrastinating fills up your motivation". Rather, there are periods of being able to do stuff, whether working or actively enjoying yourself, and periods of just vegging out. And working drains the "do stuff" period faster than goofing off. So once you can do stuff again, goof off first, then work! Else you'll never get the chance to goof off, but just be working and vegging all the time.

To be valid, this requires a steady pace of projects so she doesn't get breaks, or a mindset that has trouble finding energy without a project looming -- i.e. if she had no work to do, she would be just vegging out, rather than having fun.

The feeling is not entirely unfamiliar to me.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Anw, about this chapter, I gotta agree with Ayu-chan here. It is a bad argument, since procrastinating won't fill up your motivation, you will just be lazier and put off work more.

That's not true. Procrastination absolutely helps with work, without it the work will 100% just tire you out and you'll be too tired to finish it. Procrastinating helps your mind relax for a moment which allows you to come back with more energy to do it some more

Naw. Procrastination is putting off what you know you need to do. Simply do your work, then you have real spare time. Time waits for no person.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Naw. Procrastination is putting off what you know you need to do. Simply do your work, then you have real spare time. Time waits for no person.

Can't do the work if I can't focus on it. Procrastinating for a moment refreshes your mind meaning you can focus on the work properly again when you get back to it

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 6:55PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can't do the work if I can't focus on it. Procrastinating for a moment refreshes your mind meaning you can focus on the work properly again when you get back to it

These really are different ways people are wired, just like an extrovert can't grasp how an introvert operates, and vice versa.

The world tends to praise, or at least hold up as a model, people who get their work done in a timely fashion (and also assumes extroverts are the default). But "just get your work done" is easier said than done, and for some people impossible until they're hard against a deadline.

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

Remember folks
"glass is glass, and glass breaks" - Zack

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 9:06PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But "just get your work done" is easier said than done, and for some people impossible until they're hard against a deadline.

Or past it. -looks around guiltily-

joined Jan 6, 2017

These really are different ways people are wired, just like an extrovert can't grasp how an introvert operates, and vice versa.

The world tends to praise, or at least hold up as a model, people who get their work done in a timely fashion (and also assumes extroverts are the default). But "just get your work done" is easier said than done, and for some people impossible until they're hard against a deadline.

The idea that there are people who can just do their work without losing energy half way through sounds fake but I guess some people really are wired differently

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The idea that there are people who can just do their work without losing energy half way through sounds fake but I guess some people really are wired differently

#JustNeurodivergentThings

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I don't think she's rushing anything, particularly--she's been crushing on sensei ever since they met remember, she masturbated thinking about sensei in the bath the first night she was there, and now she's living with her crush, so of course we're going to get "She's so cute/sexy!" scenes every chapter just to remind us of Ayu's basic emotional situation.

I mean, it makes sense and is not unheard of in real life but yeah, it's just personally hard to ship it when it's a superficial crush-at-first-sight kind of thing (so far). I understand her being a teen might explain her inability to calm down and think.

Or maybe I'm just biased because since around Ayu's age, I've found it harder and harder to keep crushing on people mainly based on their looks. Probably a defense mechanism because it's just a waste of feelings when the probability of reciprocation is incredibly low (we already have a ridiculously small dating pool).

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Back during the Vietnam war, my dad belonged to a carpentry unit in the Army. The unit was so bad at their job, that they were passed over for deployment. The unit that went in their place ended up getting completely wiped out.
The moral of the story is, always suck at your job. You never know when it will save your life.

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

This manga only gives me more hobbies to procrastinate on

joined Nov 22, 2019

I mean, it makes sense and is not unheard of in real life but yeah, it's just personally hard to ship it when it's a superficial crush-at-first-sight kind of thing (so far). I understand her being a teen might explain her inability to calm down and think.

Or maybe I'm just biased because since around Ayu's age, I've found it harder and harder to keep crushing on people mainly based on their looks. Probably a defense mechanism because it's just a waste of feelings when the probability of reciprocation is incredibly low (we already have a ridiculously small dating pool).

Honestly, at this point, im not even sure if we are supposed to be shipping it. I get the feeling that sensei sees Ayu as a kid rather than an equal she would date, and if they were to get together, a bunch of progress would need to happen or it would be completely unnatural. However, it could just be that they don't get together, and this is a simple crush that works to help Ayu discover and accept herself. This manga has surprised me with its unorthodox and realistic writing, so I wouldn't doubt the authors capability in handling a complex development like that.

joined Sep 6, 2018

What a cute manga: Furniture making more furniture. I don’t know if the helper girl is going to be fired or promoted for failing to keeping author focused on her writing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.