Forum › Making Progress on Yuri Before the Deadline discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There are no accidents.

Sensei isn't impressed by the movie version of her book. Not surprising, to be honest, good adaptations are rare... Well, she's not all that impressed by her own work either, though.

Can't resist the puppy. :D

Well, she's not hopelessly alone anymore now. ^_^

joined Sep 6, 2018

Funny that MC is functionally illiterate and the other is a published author. I think the author has the best maid she could ever have.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Funny that MC is functionally illiterate and the other is a published author. I think the author has the best maid she could ever have.

The person who doesn’t read books, only reads manga, or is intimidated by “hard” books or “books with long sentences” is a very common manga trope, and has nothing to do with “functional illiteracy.”

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

The person who doesn’t read books, only reads manga, or is intimidated by “hard” books or “books with long sentences” is a very common manga trope, and has nothing to do with “functional illiteracy.”

Honestly, it's super common, too. Especially in today's day and age when there's audiobooks. I know that I personally haven't even read a novel in like 6 years because, even for school, I'd just listen to an audiobook while playing video games and call it a day.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 9:34AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Honestly, it's super common, too. Especially in today's day and age when there's audiobooks. I know that I personally haven't even read a novel in like 6 years because, even for school, I'd just listen to an audiobook while playing video games and call it a day.

I have hardly read Watanare so i can confirm this

joined Jun 11, 2016

Gotta say that is an interesting premise for a book.

joined Nov 22, 2021

The “gay panic” experienced by the MC in chapter one is the “inciting incident” for this story. Or, if you prefer Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey” it’s the “call to adventure”. As an inciting incident it doesn’t have to be addressed or resolved in the overall story but it should inform the MC’s actions moving forward - as it does here in my opinion.

Yurifan Extraordinaire
joined Sep 26, 2021

The last two pages of chapter 5 just came into my house and hit my face with a baseball bat

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i want to read her book,it sounds pretty interesting

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how the first page of the latest chapter addresses the "sensei is overworking poor MC" question--she's done all her morning work by 9:00 AM.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 2:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Takasaki Reika posted:

i want to read her book,it sounds pretty interesting

I found it quite creepy, you know the original's body overwriting other's people minds and desires ... You could spin it into an horror tale quite easy like the Simpsons did one time with a wig.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

The last two pages of chapter 5 just came into my house and hit my face with a baseball bat

Yeah. It hits too hard. That’s really how it feels sometimes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Page 22 is mising a "Tee he!" and "Tee He! Te NANDAYO!?"

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Page 22 is mising a "Tee he!" and "Tee He! Te NANDAYO!?"

Page ten also has a problem with "Look, the people LOOk like garbage!"

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why is Ayu so relatable lmao
also the person claiming three well-known yuri mangaka are straight earlier: Morishima has TEXTUALLY said she is bisexual in several autobiographical manga, Mira is said to be married but that doesn't preclude bisexuality, and honestly, Ayanero Taicho is just a force of chaos that I cannot be bothered trying to comprehend

also I don't personally count this as some JK fetishist wish fulfillment since Ayu is far more relatable than the author lady, although they're both relatable for certain audiences (me).

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 11:04PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

I hate Miya with a passion. What a stupid and boring character, totalmente al pedo. This manga should be just Ayu and sensei, no more is needed.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ she’s just doing her job??? Calm down.

Ayu really needs to grow up a bit, so she’ll stop thinking she’s in love with this awful woman she barely knows. It’s pretty relatable to how I felt at her age, but if she acts on those feelings she’s going to regret it.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I was wondering whether sensei would end up being a mentor figure or love interest to Ayu and it looks like we're pushing into love interest territory quite quickly....

joined Feb 21, 2019

lol, that talk about procrastination and work is so on point

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

JK camping anime, eh? :D

I bet her knowledge of mountains comes from anime as well. :P

Dammit, I knew she was slacking off again...

Sensei really is hopeless...

There we have it, a "normal" attack... And Sensei clearly just barely managed to avoid coming out there - although it would have been better for both of them if she hadn't.

Caught. :D

All things considered, a nice date, though.

I was wondering whether sensei would end up being a mentor figure or love interest to Ayu and it looks like we're pushing into love interest territory quite quickly....

Really? Was there any question after this?

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 4:28AM

joined May 1, 2015

I can relate so much to sensei. It is not even funny.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ she’s just doing her job??? Calm down.

Ayu really needs to grow up a bit, so she’ll stop thinking she’s in love with this awful woman she barely knows. It’s pretty relatable to how I felt at her age, but if she acts on those feelings she’s going to regret it.

I may regret asking this, but why is sensei an "awful woman"--besides being a procrastinator who needs internal and external motivation to get her work done on time (like dozens of people I know personally)?

I especially ask since Ayu and sensei are destined (as the story blurbs tell us) to cure each others' loneliness (romantically or otherwise). Yes, Ayu has a crush on someone "she barely knows" (like in many other stories), but isn't it almost certain that the whole story is going to be about the two of them getting to know each other?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I may regret asking this, but why is sensei an "awful woman"--besides being a procrastinator who needs internal and external motivation to get her work done on time (like dozens of people I know personally)?

I especially ask since Ayu and sensei are destined (as the story blurbs tell us) to cure each others' loneliness (romantically or otherwise). Yes, Ayu has a crush on someone "she barely knows" (like in many other stories), but isn't it almost certain that the whole story is going to be about the two of them getting to know each other?

I was actually referring to her regular bullying of Ayu. I don’t care about her work ethic. honestly, I just dislike age-gap stories in general, they bring up bad memories for me. I really liked the first chapter of this one, so I’ve been giving it a chance. That was probably a mistake though.

Also, who trusts story blurbs? You know that’s just nonsense written by an editor, right?

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 9:00AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I was actually referring to her regular bullying of Ayu.

Are we reading the same manga?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was actually referring to her regular bullying of Ayu.

OK, I'm going to ask for some specific examples of her "bullying." Because unless that definition is stretched to involve banter and teasing, I'm not seeing it.

Blurbs are just "nonsense," huh?--you learn something new every day.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 9:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.