Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Gyaru x Plain is a classic for a reason, it's so good. I hope Watanabe and Yoshioka have a happy life together.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

Supersonic yuri?

It would be kind of nice to see Watanabe with her hair down in the manga someday...

joined Jan 14, 2020

Was this the same ghost as before?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

You know I really didn’t expect the ghost girl to be a reoccurring character but I like it

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

First of all, poor Miku... But she was sacrificed for Yuri so all is good. Or just left behind in a bookstore all by herself. Same thing really.

Also, this extra chapter was what I was hoping for all this time. Maybe not to this extreme, concentrated level. The dance in the last one was nice too of course, but at least here there was some ongoing "plot" between the two main characters. Even if it was avoiding meeting each other eye to eye. They were interacting, it had a cute conclusion and it didn't break the formula of wanting to save/preserve yuri.

joined Sep 11, 2019

SPEED

Become speed

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

GHOST GIRL MVP IN THE HOUSE!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Gyaru x Plain is a classic for a reason, it's so good.

I remember the first time I read one of these. Crazy how good it was. ♡

You know I really didn’t expect the ghost girl to be a reoccurring character but I like it

They need to adopt her. I can see their future already...

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Become yuri

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Gyaru is just adorable.

joined Mar 25, 2021

Ooooh! Some progress on the main couple!

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

Thanks for the translation! The comedy in this 1st vol is def to my liking,, godspeed to plain x gyaru yuri..

joined Mar 19, 2022

Watanabe, would you just come out already? We all know you secretly want to be yuri.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I only read this just now and after glancing the comments I'm surprised that Watanabe is disliked, she isn't mean or anything, just... over the top awkward.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Poor sister, gone and always forgotten.

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

I only read this just now and after glancing the comments I'm surprised that Watanabe is disliked, she isn't mean or anything, just... over the top awkward.

Most of us don't necessarily dislike her so much as we want her to have character development and grow out of her "must stop the gyaru from contamining my yuri" before any relationship takes form.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

She did a reverse Picard maneuver, where she wasn't visible at either point. Still hope she and the gal get together. She's such a sweetie.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Damn, even the ghost chose yuri over the little sister

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Most of us don't necessarily dislike her so much as we want her to have character development and grow out of her "must stop the gyaru from contamining my yuri" before any relationship takes form.

That's me. She's quite endearing, it's just wild how she bends reality to her will.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Watanabe, would you just come out already? We all know you secretly want to be yuri.

"It was supposed to be a secret?" -Literally everyone in-universe and out, probably

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Right??? That's what I've been thinking! Maybe that's just because I was (and am, tbh >.<) always super awkward too, but still. She's just oblivious and sees the world differently than most (which makes her awkward). Maybe it's my autism talking, but I honestly find her character funny and (somewhat) relatable.

But then, people always disliked/avoided me, too, growing up, so. Probably not the best example, lol.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

She is, though. Like, (almost) every chapter she gets a little better. My problem is that a lot of the commenters here (obviously not everyone falls into this category, just a lot that I've read) seem to just expect it to happen overnight and aren't really showing any patience with her character. But if it just magically happened that way, there'd be no real plot, and the manga would be pretty boring.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She is, though. Like, (almost) every chapter she gets a little better. My problem is that a lot of the commenters here (obviously not everyone falls into this category, just a lot that I've read) seem to just expect it to happen overnight and aren't really showing any patience with her character. But if it just magically happened that way, there'd be no real plot, and the manga would be pretty boring.

Yes sir, that over there is the guy who dares question dynastys current fluff addiction, now he is only two points away from a medal

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Yes sir, that over there is the guy who dares question dynastys current fluff addiction, now he is only two points away from a medal

Sorry, what? I'm confused. I'm not super active in the comments as a whole, so I'm not sure what you're talking about, lol.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This and I don't know like... She just doesn't seem that into the gyaru. Also gyaru didn't seem that into love either. Or she just gives me hardcore straight vibes with her obliviousness to other relationships.

And it also makes me sad that Yoshioka is misunderstanding Watanabe. And if she knew Watanabe's real intentions, she'd feel like an idiot for falling in love with her, which isn't cool.

Maybe I just hate watching it because it reminds me of this woman I had a crush on, and she just was into herself or emotionally unavailable. So it's like she's building all this affection for her to when she may not stand a chance. Ugh I dunno.

To reply you must either login or sign up.