Forum › You, My Double discussion

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Different and interesting. Definitely entertaining. Although I think it worked because it was short

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I feel like I've seen this kind of twist a hundred times (even though I haven't really). I mean, her saying she fell in love at first sight when the other one has her own face is pretty suspicious, no? Though I wasn't sure whether she knew it was her old classmate or just liked her face.

in another genre, the truth is revealed and it turns out that the pretty one always knew and liked the ugly one for who they were on the inside

Well, the ugly one was quite ugly on the inside too...

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 6:25PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Loved this. Would love to see a follow up. Messed up stories like this are the best

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I love it when women are creeps. Love it when women are just downright awful. It's great. It's beautiful.

joined Sep 28, 2017

Usually I pass as soon as I see the aaangst tag. But I'm glad I didn't do it this time. It was truly a great read. I love this kind of quasi pathological relationships, unless, of course, it's a work form K***** N****

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 5:47PM

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Wow...

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202022-06-19%20a%20la(s)%2023.19.48
joined Dec 21, 2016

Intentional or not, this is one of the best adaptations of the Narcissus and Echo story I've seen.

for real

joined May 10, 2021

Hot damn that was blissfully messed-up!

Streptococcus pneumoniae
00213_opt
joined Sep 23, 2017

Only a word: creepyyyy

astralexplorer
Shrimpin
joined Sep 12, 2021

I looooove stories that are this messed up. I think it's perfect as a oneshot, but I wouldn't be mad if this turned into a series!

I do feel bad for Shimamoto to have hated herself so much that she wanted all traces of her former self gone and didn't even see herself as human beforehand. That level self-hatred usually doesn't just appear out of nowhere. (I actually think her past self is really cute too, and I'm glad we caught a glimpse of what she would've looked like as an adult on page 22.)
As others have said, the creepiness on her part comes in specifically with wanting to look exactly like someone else.

Speaking of creepy, if Shimamoto went so far as to move away to where no one would know her, then I get the feeling that Shiratori didn't really "just so happen" to be transferred there after all, but I could be wrong.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

That was a trip.

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

A.... happy ending...? I guess...?

I mean, as long as everyone's happy...

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

A Yuri relationship with flawed personalities that are mutually complementing each other is a different vibe.

Both of these girls are messed up, but it fits appropriately in their relationship since they like the person in a twisted way.

This one definitely needs a psychological tag.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 11:50PM

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

You know, I'm glad they're happy I guess lol.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

This was so twisted and so good.

joined Aug 21, 2017

All the twists of intrigue add up to a messed up story. Not bad at all.

tragicheroine
X
joined Mar 20, 2020

The story is creepy that gimme heebee jeebee...
The art tho, so cute.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Do we have a mutually yandere for fun and profit tag? If not, WHY?

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is great. Super unique twist.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I had a feeling she was going to be into her because it was her face.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Hm, I wonder if two psychos can really balance each other out to form a relationship that sort of works? Or would it just lead to a bigger explosion down the line?

joined Jul 13, 2021

the romance is of course questionable but the psychological aspect is good, damn

I am not even sure there is any romance here, neither really cares much about the other person.

I agree. The “romance” is very superficial and vain, imo.

joined Dec 30, 2018

I enjoyed this less in the way I usually enjoy GL or even romance in general, and more in the way I enjoy r/twosentencehorror.

Yesssss thats exactly it omg

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

We need "damn" tag lmao

NotYourDoorknob
Onehundredthousandyears
joined Mar 27, 2021

They're messed up.

They're perfect for each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.