Forum › Posts by Surya P

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

A Yuri relationship with flawed personalities that are mutually complementing each other is a different vibe.

Both of these girls are messed up, but it fits appropriately in their relationship since they like the person in a twisted way.

This one definitely needs a psychological tag.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 11:50PM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Satsuki is too damn pure. The concept of good and bad aren't so distinctly put, it is just a whole lot of gray. But Satsuki has an inkling of this contradiction and yet stands by her values.

Also the character design of the girls and their reactions is too damn cute

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

It's real nice that the author ended up doing a fair amount of post ending stuff, it makes up for how rushed everything felt at the end (to me at least). I love seeing the calmer, more self assured Kurokawa and how much Nanaki is devoted to her. Good stuff !

Hope the author keeps casually making more chapters about them getting married and getting old together.....!!

Surya P
Gift discussion 07 Feb 16:49
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I am not sure how this one is supposed to work? O. Henry's original short story works because both people sacrifice their most valuable possession to buy a gift for the other, and both gifts turn out to be (immediately) useless because they are supposed to complement said sold possessions. In this case, only Rose is concerned with making a good gift, and instead of sacrificing her possessions, she instead plucks some other flowers. She then gifts the resulting flower crown to Birdie, who can just accept it since she didn't even think of giving Rose a gift, let alone sacrifice her head/hair/wings/whatever for it.

So what is even the point of quoting "The Gift of the Magi", other than to sound Deep As Fuck™?

"The Gift of the Magi" isn't centered around sacrifice but on the gesture to a heartfelt gift to their loved one. This story as the tag says is a parody, both the bird and the rose just want to give the other something heartfelt. Only Rosie has read the book and she understands that Christmas is an occasion to give a gift to their loved ones and she uses her own Roses to make a coronet. Birdie on the other hand just wanted to show Rosie a glimpse of world she is able to see.

The two stories aren't based on mutual sacrifice, but the feelings one has on the other.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Honestly, can't at all agree with the "Rei is a sociopath" idea.
Novel chapter 6, in my opinion at least, completely puts that theory in the water. I mean she decided to help out Yuu because she could understand how hard all of it was for her. It didn't do anything in regards to Claire's well being and in fact served to put both herself and Claire in some danger, yet she still decided to help out Yuu. Hell, she even went against what Claire herself wanted to do. Even beyond that the way she treats Lily in 8 clearly shows that she cares about her also.
Like, at least in the first WN she definitely has empathy and a clear desire to help others beyond just trying to protect Claire for her own selfish reasons.

But she also still sees this world as the world of a game and thus goes about her actions in a calculated manner as if playing said game. She knows where the story is heading and thus tries to act accordingly in order to reduce the amount of damage that happens as much as possible

I don't think this part is a spoiler since it only reiterates the beginning and the current chapter.
Rei knows the plot and events in the story and she can easily control the outcome in her favor anytime. Even with the current event where Lambert is behind the incident, Rei could have stopped him from the start, but if she completely stopped the natural flow of the plot, she will not be able to predict what happens next. She has to ensure the events occur chronologically and act accordingly with the minimum damage and above all protect Claire from the ending.

Even though I get how that can make for a more interesting character, and it's not like I was expecting or wanted her to actively try and stop the revolution, I just can't bring myself to like her. I don't know why, since I've definitely seen characters in other works that seem to be fixated on only a single person, with little care what happens to the rest *cough cough* Sorawo *cough*, who I've really liked. Maybe it's how this author seems to have gone out of their way to tell us practically nothing at all about this person, other than the fact that she likes Claire and wants to protect her. Like, who is Rei? At least in the manga, we know next to nothing about her and tbh this secrecy seems to only feed my dislike, rather than intrigue me. Also, the way she acts like two completely different people makes her usual behavior seem insincere to me. I'm not saying that it was, I'm just saying that, to me, her happy-go-lucky attitude —when she clearly knew what was coming and had probably been planning what to do all this time— feels fake. I can't believe I came to like the ohoho-ing ojousama more than her....

The biggest thing with Rei is that she's got abysmally low self esteem and she's not really an introvert at all; you don't see characters like that often but that pretty much explains why she's so hyper and self deprecating. Aside from the Cassandra problem she's really not in her head very much. She went from frumpy Japanese OL to frumpy self insert protagonist and doesn't think she has a chance with Claire anyway, she's just kind of enjoying things as they are and hoping to help Claire or keep her happy on some level.

For Rei, she thinks that the world is programmed to only give her a romantic route with the princes and the Claire is treated as a villainess for the entire plot, so she thinks her romantic route for Claire is non-existent. She is only focused on flirting with Claire and trying to protect her without considering that Claire can have the potential to have feeling for her. Like the incident with the slime attack during the class training, Rei was supported by Claire even though the original game options were only the three princes.

last edited at Jan 28, 2022 2:13PM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Maybe this should be tagged subtext, unless hugging your best friend is considered gay now.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miori_and_the_mountain_deity#7

Yes, this dialogue seems conclusive.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

It is an interesting concept, especially the house design, although unrealistic it is somewhat practical.

A tree which glows when it absorbs water doesn't sound very practical. How do you turn it off?

You don't. But the goblins don't need any light only while sleeping. The bedroom floor is closed off from any light, seen in the design.

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

This story was really good. It had a dimension rarely seen in stories. The restrictions of her past and the freedom she can move towards really completes the story. The tags are so subtly implied, it fully vocalizes the plot, without being so explicit.

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I still think the "What the fuck am I reading!?" tag should be added.

Nah dude. More like what is this plotless adorable manga I'm reading...….!!

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_wanna_spoil_yoroizuka_san_ch05#2

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing an increase in Frozen references these days?

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Today's chapter was so cute, I can't even stay mad at that cliché plot twist!!!!

Surya P
Pretender discussion 03 Sep 19:15
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Hahahahaha Kodama really drove in her taste for horrible, cute women with how many times she mentioned it in this one. It was fun.

This is true. Idk, no matter what people say about her works I always find myself digging for more. She really grow in me haha

The thing is, Kodama is such a controversial mangaka that it almost pulls you in to her works. But yeah, she herself has admitted that she likes the toxic plots and characters in her works and purposefully leaves her story endings as such.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Move aside Holding hands, there's a new level to lewdness (unsanitary) from now on...…two finger touching!!!!

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

okay so what I'm reasonably sure of is that Mami didn't get bullied the way she did.

Meanwhile, it seems Taka has her own sort of unhealthy attachment issues .............................................................. it looks like she had managed to get somewhat stable with Yuki and her other friend, but seeing Mami the way she is she sort of relapsed to her old habits. That scene where she takes their hands, is her saying goodbye, and that she really wants to stay with them but she's already lost to her attachment issues.

That is quite a stretch. Taka didn't have any suggestive traits of having attachment issues. If she hangs with two of her friends at a coffee shop, it is pretty much a very healthy friendship (my bar for friendship might be low). The thing is that Mami might have mood swings, again it is symptomatic with bipolar people, since she sort of brings up her worries at random points with her classmates. From a strangers perspective, it is uncomfortable to hear negative things from even a classmate, since she isn't well acquainted with her new group. She receives mixed messages from people, because they show the bare amount of sympathy when she is crying but then dismiss her worries when she isn't. That sort of confuses her need to vent her sadness with anyone she just met. That is why such a small act of Taka helping her makes her repeat that moment since it is very heartwarming for her......

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I think that Mami might be bipolar. I thought that might be why she worries about something that happened to her and repeats it and why she needs someone to validate her or pay attention to her, bipolar people also worry that they might be annoying or irritating to others. Yuki mentions that they told a lie to Taka, maybe it can mean that they knew that they were exaggerating about Mami and that they found it uncomfortable to be with her.

For Mami, the simple act of kindness from Taka just made her a little less worried. Was really glad that Taka hugs her at the end there, Mami needs a genuine person like her.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Everyone here is debating about Nadeshiko's girlfriend...….. meanwhile I am obsessing over Hanako and Misaki holding hands and being beyond adorable...…!!!!

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I think this needs the kabedon tag?

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

The tags worried me. And true to the tags the story is messed up, and the ending just levels it up.
But I guess both of them are perfect for each other because of their personalities?

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I swear to Godoka there needs to be like some sort of insta-ban hammer button every time the P-word is mentioned. If not that at least some sort of automated infraction system.

Glad to see someone referring to the goddess Godoka.

Agree with the word ban, at least people ought to censor it and other similar angsty words. There are far more terrible works instead of taking issue with science fiction.

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I think this needs a sequel tag. Same characters from https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/it_was_soo_hot_after_all

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 1:13AM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Really loving this expansion to the story. This chapter is a real highlight, perfect balance between focusing on the main pair while branching out towards another couple. Hope this can be a sign that the manga will continue far into the future.

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

The story premise finally makes sense...…..!!
Chapter upload following Stars Wars sequence...…~~~~

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

What's up with their Hawaii shirts? It doesn't seem plot relevant, but seems like it should be plot relevant?

Surya P
Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Nanoha pls... I had my hopes too high up. Wasn't expecting the "boyfriend" strat from here but ugh still want to be secretive about it I guess...

Well, she can't just reveal that she is dating Chidori by herself. She might have figured that it is best to be on the same page with her girlfriend on the openness of their relationship.